rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I was worried that when I made the changes to work with your new settings (ie: the DHT and PEX turned off), I would suffer a performance hit on other Torrents I do occasionally (mainly games and movies). I even ditched uTorrent after using it for a year, because the web version was not user friendly at all, when it came to changing settings.

I'm happy to see that nothing has really changed. I'm getting download speeds the same as before.. even better in some cases. For example, I just grabbed Obscure Affairs, which you only posted a short time ago, and I hit close to 100MB/s down! I feel like a bandit! LOL. Getting a multi gig game in under 30 seconds.... you can't beat that.

It's great that you are doing this. Thanks again! Also, I don't usually seed much (old habits lol) but when i see a new game getting hit hard - judging by the forum complaints - I'll usually seed for an afternoon or evening. I can usually sustain 3-4 MB/s up speeds on my account.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
lol, happy to hear it!
Don't worry about forum complaints too, I haven't seen one single complaint about speed - it's just a bunch of people that don't actually read my comment and don't check if they're using a whitelisted client. The swarms are very healthy :)

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
lol, happy to hear it!
Don't worry about forum complaints too, I haven't seen one single complaint about speed - it's just a bunch of people that don't actually read my comment and don't check if they're using a whitelisted client. The swarms are very healthy :)
Haha, ya. But what i meant was, on popular updates, I can usually see that it's popular by the number of people complaining about no links, or poor speeds on Gofile, Workuplaod, etc.. Or they complain about hitting the cap on Mega. I'll sometimes leave my client running in those situations so I can help the guys trying via torrents.

Anything to suck business away from those crappy file hosting sites that give you slow speeds and try and click bait malware onto your system.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

Sep 30, 2020
I was worried that when I made the changes to work with your new settings (ie: the DHT and PEX turned off), I would suffer a performance hit on other Torrents I do occasionally (mainly games and movies). I even ditched uTorrent after using it for a year, because the web version was not user friendly at all, when it came to changing settings.

I'm happy to see that nothing has really changed. I'm getting download speeds the same as before.. even better in some cases. For example, I just grabbed Obscure Affairs, which you only posted a short time ago, and I hit close to 100MB/s down! I feel like a bandit! LOL. Getting a multi gig game in under 30 seconds.... you can't beat that.

It's great that you are doing this. Thanks again! Also, I don't usually seed much (old habits lol) but when i see a new game getting hit hard - judging by the forum complaints - I'll usually seed for an afternoon or evening. I can usually sustain 3-4 MB/s up speeds on my account.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That speed is insane lol!
The community is very good at seeding :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: moose_puck and RPDL

¸¸ KA2¸¸

Forum Fanatic
Jan 11, 2018
I don't know english automatic translation.
What patience you have. I used utorrent it stopped working, I read your post, changed to qBittorrent and since then without problems. People don't read, they only know how to complain, of course you leave it in your posts. I mean game threads

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Hey rpdl, I just noticed you now use whitelist for your tracker and my torrents stopped uploading.
I was like why nobody download Being a DIK anymore. :BootyTime:

, but I will try to advocate mine, as it strike almost all criteria. Don't know if you tested it. It's a very reliable all-in-one download software and still maintained. .
  • Open source
  • No advertisements
  • No coin-miners or malware
  • Free - no hidden charges.
Cheers! :coffee:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey rpdl, I just noticed you now use whitelist for your tracker and my torrents stopped uploading.
I was like why nobody download Being a DIK anymore. :BootyTime:

, but I will try to advocate mine, as it strike almost all criteria. Don't know if you tested it. It's a very reliable all-in-one download software and still maintained. .
  • Open source
  • No advertisements
  • No coin-miners or malware
  • Free - no hidden charges.
Cheers! :coffee:
Hi, does your client send a PeerID?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
If that what I think, it's should be FDM/6.15.3.4236
Not quite, it's instead a 6 character ascii string (or something) -

Am I missing something by the way, or is the actual source code itself closed or is it in a different repo?

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Not quite, it's instead a 6 character ascii string (or something) -

Am I missing something by the way, or is the actual source code itself closed or is it in a different repo?
Yes the core source is now closed. Regarding the PeerID I found some transmission issues / / ; seems to be -FD. I might guess it's now something like -FD6@\xFF-; but i'm really not expert of these technical.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Yes the core source is now closed.
Ah okay, I'm sorry - it's on me for not reading it properly the first time. I'm afraid this won't work then, I wish you all the best though, looks like a neat project.