rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
It's going up now, but I don't post misc torrents anymore, you can grab it on the discord if you want or somebody might post it here.
Thanks, grabbing it now off Discord. I was not aware of that, concerning [Other] tagged games, I'll remember that.

The 5.14GB file size with a Mega link is just a tease, lol! That's why I made the request :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Thanks, grabbing it now off Discord. I was not aware of that, concerning [Other] tagged games, I'll remember that.

The 5.14GB file size with a Mega link is just a tease, lol! That's why I made the request :LOL:
oh yeah lol, 150mb over the daily limit. rough!

ZenXen

Mar 25, 2019
I cannot seem to download Corrupted Kingdoms' torrent file. However, I checked other torrents of yours, and they worked as expected.

1643955664332.png

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I cannot seem to download Corrupted Kingdoms' torrent file. However, I checked other torrents of yours, and they worked as expected.

View attachment 1633369
Can you confirm your torrent client + version please?

Also if you try right click and "reannounce" or stop/start the torrent, does it work then?

Reactions: ZenXen

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I updated the OP of the thread to show the changes with regards to requests.

I now only take requests from Donors on .
Demand is simply too high and it's a nice perk to give to the users helping us pay our server bills.

Sorry!

Reactions: brattlebob

ZenXen

Mar 25, 2019
Can you confirm your torrent client + version please?

Also if you try right click and "reannounce" or stop/start the torrent, does it work then?
Hey. I used qBittorrent version 4.4.0 and after pressing "force reannounce" it started downloading. Thank you!

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey. I used qBittorrent version 4.4.0 and after pressing "force reannounce" it started downloading. Thank you!
Good to hear! I wonder why qbittorrent does that, it can be super misleading :(

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
quick question, not sure this the right place but maybe others seen the same thing. I'd been using qBittorrent 4.3.9 for a while until I got prompted to update it to 4.4.0

After having done so, I noticed that despite speed limits set to zero (as in unlimited) instead of the usual ~10MB/s down/up I used to have, I now was only getting around 1.4 down/up consistently... figuring this might be something in 4.4.0 I reverted back to 4.3.9 and now have my original Dl/Ul speed again.
Anyone else noticed a drop in the speed when set to unlimited with 4.4.0 ?

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
quick question, not sure this the right place but maybe others seen the same thing. I'd been using qBittorrent 4.3.9 for a while until I got prompted to update it to 4.4.0

After having done so, I noticed that despite speed limits set to zero (as in unlimited) instead of the usual ~10MB/s down/up I used to have, I now was only getting around 1.4 down/up consistently... figuring this might be something in 4.4.0 I reverted back to 4.3.9 and now have my original Dl/Ul speed again.
Anyone else noticed a drop in the speed when set to unlimited with 4.4.0 ?
That's an odd one, I haven't seen that happen personally but obviously if anyone else does, please chime in. Might be worth checking out their github repo & issues to see if it's something they're aware of.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
That's an odd one, I haven't seen that happen personally but obviously if anyone else does, please chime in. Might be worth checking out their github repo & issues to see if it's something they're aware of.
Should have done that earlier, it's indeed

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Might be worth testing too.
was in the process of doing exactly that. For me it makes zero difference, even I set that setting to 10. FWIW, I usually keep at most 10 torrents active and only 1 or 2 downloading, on average it's usually around 5 in seeding state, once I see that the total upload stays fairly constant (meaning no requesting peers) I remove the torrent. Disk space is getting a problem so I've got to make choices. So the number of concurrent torrents should not be a problem and that particular setting will not have much effect with only a few torrents

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
was in the process of doing exactly that. For me it makes zero difference, even I set that setting to 10. FWIW, I usually keep at most 10 torrents active, on average it's usually around 5, once I see that the total upload stays fairly constant (meaning no requesting peers) I remove the torrent. Disk space is getting a problem so I've got to make choices. So the number of concurrent torrents should not be a problem and that particular setting will not have much effect with only a few torrents
Don't worry about seeding by the way, I handle all that - I do appreciate it but if it's causing you any issues at all please don't feel bad if you need to hit-and-run them :)

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Don't worry about seeding by the way, I handle all that - I do appreciate it but if it's causing you any issues at all please don't feel bad if you need to hit-and-run them :)
it's no biggy, I've got the bandwith to spare so I don't mind keeping torrents active until I see almost no activity

Reactions: RPDL

Gee2

Jun 23, 2020
i feel bad for just hit and run. Please allow a few more newer version of a few clients witch are used at managed seedboxes.
I think most needed clients are rtorrent and qbit, it would not hurt if deluge and transmisssion have 2 version more, becauce there is speed or mass seeding normal.

why ?

becauce the speed is just around a few mb/s, before whithelisting i had speeds over 150 mb/s. Now i am connected to all 5 servers and become there a few kb/s, the speed comes always from a few users.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
i feel bad for just hit and run. Please allow a few more newer version of a few clients witch are used at managed seedboxes.
I think most needed clients are rtorrent and qbit, it would not hurt if deluge and transmisssion have 2 version more, becauce there is speed or mass seeding normal.
The newest versions of all these clients are whitelisted? I'm confused, can you list which ones aren't whitelisted?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
becauce the speed is just around a few mb/s, before whithelisting i had speeds over 150 mb/s. Now i am connected to all 5 servers and become there a few kb/s, the speed comes always from a few users.
Speed for me (download) is around a dozen MB/s up and often I seen speeds up to 50-60 MB/s for most times. I don't analyse them in detail, but it is more than I have from the (usually) good file hoster.
I also haven't notice a difference in speed.

Also currently only 12 torrents are active (from a total of 166) and I have around 2-10 MB/s upload (available is 125 MB/s).

Gee2

Jun 23, 2020
A seedbox who you rent has not always the newest version. Okay i have a dedi, but...... Lets say i autosnatch and i have a complicated setup. It is not wise to make every update fast after it was released. To many bugs in things that i use at other trackers (for autosnatching / moving / renaming/ tagging/ crossseeding) , but do not count for snatching and seeding at rpdl. THe next problem could be your withlisted clients are not whitelisted at other trackers.

New files have enough speed, but try to download older files, and i mean not just one at the same time.
I have for exsample rtorrent 0.9.7 0.13.7 at a 10 gbit server and seed a few tousand torrents.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
The whitelist was recently added and I assume, also I believe rpdl has written this himself, he has used the latest available version for the whitelist at the time he had made this mandatory.
As for some of the clients we can see that the current version number is now higher than the one stated there.

Also in regard to software and release, you're not wrong with your statement. All software have them (new and old versions alike) and only we hope that a newer version fix more than its break. Also sometimes you need to update your SW otherwise you have a major security bug in it...

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
A seedbox who you rent has not always the newest version. Okay i have a dedi, but...... Lets say i autosnatch and i have a complicated setup. It is not wise to make every update fast after it was released. To many bugs in things that i use at other trackers (for autosnatching / moving / renaming/ tagging/ crossseeding) , but do not count for snatching and seeding at rpdl. THe next problem could be your withlisted clients are not whitelisted at other trackers.

New files have enough speed, but try to download older files, and i mean not just one at the same time.
I have for exsample rtorrent 0.9.7 0.13.7 at a 10 gbit server and seed a few tousand torrents.
0.9.8 is almost three years old, there's no reason not to use it. Especially when the developer will be pushing a new release soon.

There is no upside to rewarding bad seedbox companies that don't or can't update their own software. Sorry, but that's really just how it is. If they can't update the one part of their service that you rely on, why do you trust them with their security?

As it stands now, if rtorrent 0.9.9 released tomorrow, I wouldn't remove 0.9.8 from the whitelist - and probably won't for a year or two so people have plenty of time to update. I consider 2-3 years more than enough time.