rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I use Vuze Btc and what is wrong with that?
Probably because development of it stopped 5 years ago. ;) Vuze was (is?) free and open source app. It was very good app indeed but developers just stopped releasing updates...

Worked perfectly fine for manny years and has no adds, is free and seeds as much(or little) as I want or can with my band with. Yet it is"wrong"? Why should I have to change just for this one source, no other has complained before? Making all f95 users switch to your "approved clients"or be left out of using torrents is not cool.
I guess he has rights to set the rules on his own server. Especially if those rules do not require anything from you but downloading free, secure and open-source app.

One wonders if you are getting paid from them perhaps?
Lol. All the white listed apps are free and open source, like Vuze. Only difference is that those apps are still in active development.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
The very short answer is:
We get flooded with shitty clients daily, there is ~8,000 torrent downloads daily, about 50% of them are illegitimate. Illegitimate being these clients do not seed back - at all.

I use Vuze Btc and what is wrong with that? Worked perfectly fine for manny years and has no adds, is free and seeds as much(or little) as I want or can with my band with. Yet it is"wrong"? Why should I have to change just for this one source, no other has complained before? Making all f95 users switch to your "approved clients"or be left out of using torrents is not cool.One wonders if you are getting paid from them perhaps?
Nobodies forcing you to use the torrents I make.
Also with regards to your last sentence, please take a few minutes and think about what you're implying.

Last edited:

Rex72

Aug 5, 2018
Probably because development of it stopped 5 years ago. ;) Vuze was (is?) free and open source app. It was very good app indeed but developers just stopped releasing updates...

I guess he has rights to set the rules on his own server. Especially if those rules do not require anything from you but downloading free, secure and open-source app.

Lol. All the white listed apps are free and open source, like Vuze. Only difference is that those apps are still in active development.
Who cares if it is actively developed, you can still download it and it works AND ful fills all the listed requirements.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Who cares if it is actively developed, you can still download it and it works AND ful fills all the listed requirements.
Vuze actually breaks half of my requirements, it's not open source and it does have a premium version.

edit; it also has ADs, so it pretty much breaks all requirements?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Vuze actually breaks half of my requirements, it's not open source and it does have a premium version.
You are sure we are talking about same software? I remember it was in Ubuntu and Debian repos...
Never mind, I found :
Up to version 2.5.0.4, Azureus was distributed under the (GPL); beginning with the version 3 distribution, the license presented upon installation changed. While it still states that the "Azureus Application" is available under the GPL, completing installation requires the user to agree to the terms of the "Vuze Platform," which include restrictions on use, reverse-engineering, and sublicensing.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
tried downloading so many torrents but they all get stuck in finding seeds, even left pc on last night and still nothing,takes me less time to download it from a 6hour download site than your torrents

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
tried downloading so many torrents but they all get stuck in finding seeds, even left pc on last night and still nothing,takes me less time to download it from a 6hour download site than your torrents
Using a whitlisted client?
Yes, then there could be a problem. No, then you have a problem.
Don't know it, then you should check it:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
This is done now.

c3p0 's message above is accurate, that'll 99% be the fix. Please do keep me posted!

Ripply

Sep 17, 2017
Quite often, pretty much a 50/50, when I try to extract the file after a download I'm getting CRC errors and can't complete extracting.
I've tried using different extracting tools, default windows, 7zip, Winrar, disabling anti-virus, rechecking the torrent, repairing Archive, no luck.

Any ideas?
Thanks

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Quite often, pretty much a 50/50, when I try to extract the file after a download I'm getting CRC errors and can't complete extracting.
I've tried using different extracting tools, default windows, 7zip, Winrar, sisabling anti-virus, rechecking the torrent, repairing Archive, no luck.

Any ideas?
Thanks
What OS are you using? Also is this only happening on newer torrents?
I did increase the compression level a few days ago. The only other thing I can think of is that the file hasn't completely finished downloading yet as that'll also give errors.

Ripply

Sep 17, 2017
Windows 10 Pro
qBittorrent v4.4.1

Yea at 100% and switched to seeding.
Starting happening in the last couple of weeks I Guess.
Thanks for the quick response.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Windows 10 Pro
qBittorrent v4.4.1

Yea at 100% and switched to seeding.
Starting happening in the last couple of weeks I Guess.
Thanks for the quick response.
If you wouldn't mind, could you list a few torrents that it's happening on so I can have a few people test and gather more data?

If you need, I can remake them for you too so you got something to download.

Ripply

Sep 17, 2017
Sure as i'm not sure if it's a problem on my end or not.
The most recent ones are

LifeInSantaCounty 0.4.3
ThePointofNoReturn 0.28
TheWayLovesGoes CH8

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
LifeInSantaCounty 0.4.3
ThePointofNoReturn 0.28
TheWayLovesGoes CH8

Thanks!

In the meantime could I have you test with this. Copy the zip from the download directory of qbittorrent to anywhere else (say the desktop) and then try unzip it there.

If you happen to have 7zip installed too, it should have an option for "testing/checking" the zip for errors.

Did you manage to get them downloaded via different means? I can DM you direct links so you're not stuck, just let me know.

Ripply

Sep 17, 2017
I can't copy them to a new directory, I get a "cannot read from the source file or disk" error when attempting.
Testing with 7zip gives this result
1645598982030.png

Sure I could give the direct link a go

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I can't copy them to a new directory, I get a "cannot read from the source file or disk" error when attempting.
View attachment 1669533

Could possible be also a disc error. Could you check your disc or do you have another drive where you can download it?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
View attachment 1669533

Actually, this leads me to think it's something else. Is the absolute path to the file working correctly?

For example, is your D drive an external that may have unplugged itself or might have disk issues?

One way of testing it would be to change the qbittorrent download directory to a different drive, download the same torrent again and check if it works. TheWayLoveGoes is a bit under 500mb so it should be a fast download.

Ripply

Sep 17, 2017
D drive is an internal drive, my pc is getting rather dated, so there may well be a problem with it. I'm currently downloading Thepointofnoreturn to my SSD and will provide an update.

Edit:
Ok that worked so it's most likely a problem with my 2nd hard disk. Thanks for the help (y)

Last edited: