rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
rpdl Hi, ran into a little snafu... I see that you're in a transition phase which might be the reason.
Wanting to download chapter 1 <-(!) for Sunshine Love, I ended up on a page for chapter 2 (!)
Both download links from point to the same torrent link @
I managed to find the chapter 1 link using the back link on that page and doing a search which gave me
(sadly looks like it's currently not seeded... but that's another issue.)
Since there are more games with separate parts I hope this is just a one-off ;)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Are you using a whitlisted client? If no, then use on. If yes, than there may be a problem. If you don't know then check:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Are you using a whitlisted client? If no, then use on. If yes, than there may be a problem. If you don't know then check:
Sure am... and because of the current issues with LibTorrent still on qBitTorrent 4.3.9 But that has got nothing to do with the main snafu of links pointing to the wrong page.
the chapter 1 torrent issue is just its age... solved via different route, no biggie. was more as an aside after finding the page.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
rpdl Hi, ran into a little snafu... I see that you're in a transition phase which might be the reason.
Wanting to download chapter 1 <-(!) for Sunshine Love, I ended up on a page for chapter 2 (!)
Both download links from point to the same torrent link @
I managed to find the chapter 1 link using the back link on that page and doing a search which gave me
Since there are more games with separate parts I hope this is just a one-off ;)
Thanks! Will be pushing a fix for this shortly.

To clarify when you're not seeing seeders: are you using the torrent from here, or the torrents posted at dl.rpdl.net?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey guys and girls, I know there's a few people waiting on my torrents - I'm just waiting for admin approval before I post the links.

We've been hard at work on a new site with user-accounts but I need permission before I can post them, I don't think it'll take much longer.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I've seen you change your site. Also one torrent ( ) gives me an HTTP error 400 back. I'm using Win10 and Transmission 3.00. All other of your torrents works, but would this one is the newest of the bunch.

EoKeeper

Apr 20, 2018
rpdl Love the work you're doing, it's nice to have a reputable torrent repository. I grabbed a torrent link from dl.rpdl.net but I'm getting "Bad Request" responses from the tracker. Is this a known issue? I am using qBittorrent 4.4.1

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I've seen you change your site. Also one torrent ( ) gives me an HTTP error 400 back. I'm using Win10 and Transmission 3.00. All other of your torrents works, but would this one is the newest of the bunch.
This one is really bothering me and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I think it's because the torrent was deleted and remade, I'm awaiting more info from the developers. I'm 90% sure it's because the tracker isn't correctly removing/adding the new torrent to the tracker whitelist. Sorry for the wait :(

Reactions: c3p0

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
rpdl Love the work you're doing, it's nice to have a reputable torrent repository. I grabbed a torrent link from dl.rpdl.net but I'm getting "Bad Request" responses from the tracker. Is this a known issue? I am using qBittorrent 4.4.1
It's because you need to be logged in, _then_ download the torrent.

NOTE: I'm awaiting admin approval before talking about this as generally, it's not allowed to link to sites where you need an account.
I'm asking for an exception as we need some way to moderate torrents when I bring new people aboard - I want to grow into RPGM/Unity and have more coverage for RenPy torrents but as it is, I'm stretched super thin.

Here's hoping!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This one is really bothering me and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I think it's because the torrent was deleted and remade, I'm awaiting more info from the developers. I'm 90% sure it's because the tracker isn't correctly removing/adding the new torrent to the tracker whitelist. Sorry for the wait :(
Nothing to be sorry about. Have my stash of games I can chose.;)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Could be the reason for me too. Altough I don't understand why you can download a torrent (and get a 400) if it isn't how it should work, but I have not logged into your site.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Could be the reason for me too. Altough I don't understand why you can download a torrent (and get a 400) if it isn't how it should work, but I have not logged into your site.
Yeah, it's a limitation currently. There's a few known bugs (magnet links don't work either...yet)

It's very new but it'll grow along with us. Teething problems I guess. Sorry I didn't spot your issue also!

EoKeeper

Apr 20, 2018

NOTE: I'm awaiting admin approval before talking about this as generally, it's not allowed to link to sites where you need an account.
I'm asking for an exception as we need some way to moderate torrents when I bring new people aboard - I want to grow into RPGM/Unity and have more coverage for RenPy torrents but as it is, I'm stretched super thin.

Here's hoping!

That was it, downloading like a champ now! I appreciate it!

Reactions: RPDL

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
So that's why none of them would download... found that out after joining your discord :rolleyes: but didn't get to acknowledge it there cause I got kicked before the 10min window was up. :unsure:
Came back here to let you know and found your post stating the same... and sure nuf... signing up did the trick...
Since I usually go to if I see the link hasn't been updated in the OP's, I never saw this new requirement... guess even if it was written in a torrent post I'd probably would have missed it since I usually just click the link in top of the post without actually reading o_O

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
So that's why none of them would download... found that out after joining your discord :rolleyes:
Came back here to let you know and found your post stating the same... and sure nuf... signing up did the trick...
Since I usually go to if I see the link hasn't been updated in the OP's, I never saw this new requirement... guess even if it was written in a torrent post I'd probably would have missed it since I usually just click the link in top of the post without actually reading o_O
Yeah, sorry. Initially I planned to do both public and private but I ran into issues at the last moment and just went yolo on it. If it doesn't pan out we'll go back to public torrents. Sorry for the headache also, I'll work on getting some kind of warning for that.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
dunno what happened at the discord server though... one moment I was in, the next moment the server disappeared from my client just before the 10 min window ended... seems I got kicked

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
dunno what happened at the discord server though... one moment I was in, the next moment the server disappeared from my client just before the 10 min window ended... seems I got kicked
Oh, we get hundreds of bots trying to join daily, there's a captcha bot setup. When you join if you do "/verify" in any channel it'll DM you a captcha and you just reply, then you get given the role.
It sounds a bit overkill but we had almost 3k users at one point, it was absurd.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Oh, we get hundreds of bots trying to join daily, there's a captcha bot setup. When you join if you do "/verify" in any channel it'll DM you a captcha and you just reply, then you get given the role.
It sounds a bit overkill but we had almost 3k users at one point, it was absurd.
Ah... no wonder... on another note... went to BuyMeACoffee but it only seems to accept creditcards?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Ah... no wonder... on another note... went to BuyMeACoffee but it only seems to accept creditcards?
Yeah, they're all busted in their own way. Substar doesn't accept paypal, buymeacoffee is stripe, Patreon can't/won't payout in Stripe.
Don't sweat it too much friend, enjoy the games :)

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
hmmm... odd, I've supported others through BuyMeACoffee and could use paypal with no problem... new development?