rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I saw that, I mean that I'm not getting any seeds and can't download. Is it just me?
No, it is every one that use an client that is not on the whitelist - and that are a lot of users who asked the same thing again and again ;).
(at least I now know this URL from the FF)

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
rpdl Why do you block tixati? It's one of the most flexible torrent client out there with probably the highest degree of control.
I assume the reason is, that is isn't FOSS (free and open source software).
Also tixati isn't blocked in particular, rather than that it isn't on the very short whitelist:

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
are you planning to put up a torrent for the latest "The Island v0.2.3" release?
Yes, it somehow slipped past me.

rpdl Why do you block tixati? It's one of the most flexible torrent client out there with probably the highest degree of control.
Tixati has a long history of not reporting data properly, google "why is tixati blacklisted" and you'll see. Plus, obviously not open source.

Reactions: FaceCrap

Deleted member 900601

Sep 21, 2018
Yes, it somehow slipped past me.

Tixati has a long history of not reporting data properly, google "why is tixati blacklisted" and you'll see. Plus, obviously not open source.
Afaik those problem were fixed years ago, and all the listed clients do not offer proper download support to NAS, the only solution they offer is to "Move the torrent client to the NAS", when the NAS has no internet access, which isn't a solution.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Afaik those problem were fixed years ago, and all the listed clients do not offer proper download support to NAS, the only solution they offer is to "Move the torrent client to the NAS", when the NAS has no internet access, which isn't a solution.
Might be fixed, might not be - either way it's not open source so can't tell. Why not just setup a simple rsync script to copy files from the downloaded folder to the NAS?

Deleted member 900601

Sep 21, 2018
The biggest games are like 20gb, we're not talking about huge sizes here...
I am not interested in doing work arounds when I can have something that work correctly. Obviously I use my torrent client elsewhere, so the fact that 20gb would the largest game here is irrelevant. So 80gb here, 100gb there, 8gb there, this all adds up as space I need to allocate to my download machine, which I am not interested in.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I am not interested in doing work arounds when I can have something that work correctly. Obviously I use my torrent client elsewhere, so the fact that 20gb would the largest game here is irrelevant. So 80gb here, 100gb there, 8gb there, this all adds up as space I need to allocate to my download machine, which I am not interested in.
Just giving you a workaround - if you're uninterested I'm really not sure what to say.

Reactions: brattlebob

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Nah, it's very much alive. Are you sure you're using a whitelisted client?
Check out - i reccomend qbittorrent
Im using qbittorrent. I have also used your torrents before.

EDIT: Screenshot of the torrent. (it is currently 13:18 local time)
your torrent.png
Also:
Tracker status: "Not Working" and

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Im using qbittorrent. I have also used your torrents before.

EDIT: Screenshot of the torrent. (it is currently 13:18 local time)
View attachment 1626236
Also:
Tracker status: "Not Working" and
What version of qbit?

Try Right click and "force start" also.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
What version of qbit?

Try Right click and "force start" also.
It's the client that's out of date.
Why is the version requirement raised the way it is? I always check the changelogs to see if there's a reason to update.
4.3.9 has no effect on the torrenting side of things. It's all comfort fixes I haven't needed.
4.4.0 is a no go for me before it has had a few fixes.
I'm on 4.3.8 btw.

I'm sorry I didn't notice it wasn't whitelisted. The solution for me is just to get 4.3.9.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
It's the client that's out of date.
Why is the version requirement raised the way it is? I always check the changelogs to see if there's a reason to update.
4.3.9 has no effect on the torrenting side of things. It's all comfort fixes I haven't needed.
4.4.0 is a no go for me before it has had a few fixes.
I'm on 4.3.8 btw.

I'm sorry I didn't notice it wasn't whitelisted. The solution for me is just to get 4.3.9.
All good, the reason for 4.3.9 was that was most recent when client whitelisting was implemented.