Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV engine (all versions)

madmonkey360

Nov 25, 2017
They worked for me before rpg maker mv games on linux mint, reinstalled the system and they stopped working.

In the terminal I get an error that I have never seen before.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
[10882:10893:1204/130821.651160:ERROR:broker_posix.cc(103)] Error sending sync broker message: Tubería rota (32)
This looks like a NW.js error message. Well, I'm not an expert but which NW.js do you have installed? Have you tried to install a newer version of NW.js?

Btw. which game to you try to run?

madmonkey360

Nov 25, 2017
This looks like a NW.js error message. Well, I'm not an expert but which NW.js do you have installed? Have you tried to install a newer version of NW.js?

Btw. which game to you try to run?
I have installed the latest stable version of nw.js but the error displayed by the terminal is still the same.

The games that I am testing are the "succumate" and the "Trick or Treat", I also had the "Summer Memories" prepared before, but as I said it has been to reinstall the operating system this time and stop working.

I have completely left everything the same as it was before, I have not installed anything that I did not have before, I have not touched absolutely anything that I had not had before, that is why it seems strange that I get this error now and not before, in the last month I reinstalled the operating system 6 times and it was just this last one when this happened to me.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
I wouldn't recommend nwjs at all cuz it lags way more (on my pc). Also options like force-gpu-rasterization can give only ~0fps additional fps, I think (actual) hardware acceleration is mostly unsupported (even when chrome thinks otherwise). IIRC Electron has support for ANGLE which seems to be more accelerated (not sure) and it doesn't work with nwjs for some reason. P.s. strace could help here. Or at least you can try verbose logging with --enable-logging=stderr --v=1 (or something).

madmonkey360

Nov 25, 2017
Latest stable version are always buggy. Either try the old nw.js shipped with the launcher on OP or try an older version from nwjs.io (v0.45).
Ok thanks, I have reinstalled the operating system and I have put the version that you have told me, now if the games are opened.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
So I often use the latest NW.js and upgrade PixiJS for RPG Maker MV games. I also creat JoiPlay packages.

I haven't tried using electron but I know for a fact that NW.js 0.52.1 runs significantly better than the older releases 0.46.0-0.50.0.

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Is there a thread for RPG Maker MZ? I know it's only been out for a hot minute basically.

I mostly wanted to see if there were some Linux files for MZ games instead of having to run them in a browser, or use wine

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Is there a thread for RPG Maker MZ? I know it's only been out for a hot minute basically.

I mostly wanted to see if there were some Linux files for MZ games instead of having to run them in a browser, or use wine
According to pk2000 RPG Maker MZ is just a modified version of MV. Therefore, I think you can easily switch the files between MV and MZ.

Is there a game made in MZ somewhere to download?

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
According to pk2000 RPG Maker MZ is just a modified version of MV. Therefore, I think you can easily switch the files between MV and MZ.

Is there a game made in MZ somewhere to download?
This this one seems to be MZ and the developer also seems to have made a Linux version, sadly have not had the time yet to test to see if it works.

I wanted to see if there were some files I could download and just drop and replace to make a Linux version of some of these games as they start coming out that's why.

EDIT: looking at the files from the game I linked, some of the files seem to be similar but I set aside what seem to be the necessary files for MZ and now I need to find another MZ game to see if I can get it working on Linux with these files.

Last edited:
Reactions: rKnight

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This this one seems to be MZ and the developer also seems to have made a Linux version, sadly have not had the time yet to test to see if it works.

I wanted to see if there were some files I could download and just drop and replace to make a Linux version of some of these games as they start coming out that's why.

EDIT: looking at the files from the game I linked, some of the files seem to be similar but I set aside what seem to be the necessary files for MZ and now I need to find another MZ game to see if I can get it working on Linux with these files.
Ok, it is a MZ game and I just tested it and it works. The files are structures a bit differently, but we would need to compare it with the Windows version first.

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
Ok, it is a MZ game and I just tested it and it works. The files are structures a bit differently, but we would need to compare it with the Windows version first.
I found another MZ game using an earlier version of MZ here.

I want to see if I can use the files from the first one to make a native Linux build of the second one, I'm gonna try and see if I can get it working and if I can that means I know what files are needed.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I found another MZ game using an earlier version of MZ here.

I want to see if I can use the files from the first one to make a native Linux build of the second one, I'm gonna try and see if I can get it working and if I can that means I know what files are needed.
It works. What you have to do is to copy over the lib folder and all the other files, see screenshot:
1621701682009.png 1621701832066.png
Looks like the nw.js file was added into the game bash file and obfuscated. Renaming "Game" to "Game.sh" will allow you to execute it via Terminal or run directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: LewdTheLolis

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
It works. What you have to do is to copy over the lib folder and all the other files, see screenshot:
View attachment 1206993 View attachment 1207001
Looks like the nw.js file was added into the game bash file and obfuscated. Renaming "Game" to "Game.sh" will allow you to execute it via Terminal or run directly.
Well shit I'm gonna try it in a bit to check for myself.

Now I need to find other MZ games to test this out, cause if it does work for all of them that would be great. I can run the MZ games in my browser but if I can run them natively on Linux via a bash/shell script than that is better for me.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Isn't the native launcher just NW.js?
Pretty much it is, but MZ no longer has a NW.js file. In the lib folder you now have: libnode.so and libnw.so. Maybe these two new libraries replaced the native NW.js file? :unsure: