Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV engine (all versions)

cdvz23

Jul 12, 2021
Hello, I'm new (as a player, not a developer) to RPGM MV games and I have some questions:
- when is it recommended to upgrade to a higher version of the nw.js?
- since nw.js v0.29.0 seems to be what most of the games I've been playing are using, is there a stable/fixed superior version of the nw.js that is recommended as a general upgrade to v0.29.0?
And another thing: I've read that you can also upgrade the pixi.js but I tried doing that and the games can't even start, I guess this file needs to be modified to match the game content?
Thanks.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Hello, I'm new (as a player, not a developer) to RPGM MV games and I have some questions:
- when is it recommended to upgrade to a higher version of the nw.js?
- since nw.js v0.29.0 seems to be what most of the games I've been playing are using, is there a stable/fixed superior version of the nw.js that is recommended as a general upgrade to v0.29.0?
And another thing: I've read that you can also upgrade the pixi.js but I tried doing that and the games can't even start, I guess this file needs to be modified to match the game content?
Thanks.
- Unless you really have a reason to do so (eg. nw.js version & OS or gpu compatibility) and you know what you are doing, you should not upgrade.*
- For me v0.29.0 , v0.29.4 , v0.53.1 and v0.55.0 are the most stable(bug free) ones.
- pixi.js should be updated if the game is in MV v5.1 and higher (you can check by opening the rpg_core.js file)... but only use the versions from here.

* Example
Download "Do you have AKIRA Points?" and upgrade it to nw.js v0.29.0 or higher.
It will give you errors about missing pictures. :eek:

Now download the Yep_free_plugins.zip from here , copy the plugin "YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js" from the zip and place it in the "www/js/plugins" folder.
Then open the "plugins.js"with a text editor and search for the line with YEP_CoreEngine.
And create/add a new line bellow that one, with the text "name":"YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}},
Save the changes and start the game again. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cdvz23

cdvz23

Jul 12, 2021
Thank you for your answer. I have 2 more questions now lol:
- I'm on Windows and the nw.js for it here in this post is the 32bit version, why is that? Is 32bit a better choice than 64bit when it comes to nw.js?
- what's the difference between pixi.js v4.5.6 and v4.8.9?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
- I'm on Windows and the nw.js for it here in this post is the 32bit version, why is that? Is 32bit a better choice than 64bit when it comes to nw.js?
Because 32bit builds run on 64bit systems, but 64bit doesn't run on 32bit machines.

All nw.js version and builds (32/64bit) are available on the official website:

- what's the difference between pixi.js v4.5.6 and v4.8.9?
Improvements. Feel free to read the changelogs here:

v4.5.6

v4.8.9

john cena 666

Dec 20, 2020
Hey I get a blank black screen on mac even after doing all the steps. The game has a title and everything it's just when I try to run NWJS it opens up a back screen. I've even tried adding the newdata files. Any ideas? the game is Schoolgirls_Nanami__Marina_Sexual_Part-Time_Jobs if it helps

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey I get a blank black screen on mac even after doing all the steps. The game has a title and everything it's just when I try to run NWJS it opens up a back screen. I've even tried adding the newdata files. Any ideas? the game is Schoolgirls_Nanami__Marina_Sexual_Part-Time_Jobs if it helps
Intel or M1 Mac?

The game might not work on M1 Macs, and even if you manage to make it run you probably will run into a bunch of "can't load file 'Scenario_001' blablabla", since the game use plugins that customize file/folder structure which doesn't work on Unix systems (Linux + Mac).

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Doesn't change the fact that both are Unix derivatives.
While MacOS does have some exBSD parts and was previously licensed as UNIX system, Linux can be called a UNIX-like, yet it has nothing to do with UNIX or exBSD systems and is vastly different in comparison (still, 1 Linux distribution was licensed as current UNIX, so it's just a name). In practice, MacOS is just not made for games, Linux was always better. And nowadays especially so. Apple is always intentionally making life worse for everyone. It's an absolutely different and non friendly stack of technology. It does have some nice proprietary software though, of which Linux platform often lacks.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Apple is always intentionally making life worse for everyone. It's an absolutely different and non friendly stack of technology.
That's why idiots buy it. Apple customers only care for the brand but not for the technology.

• Angry
Reactions: cdvz23

dracoactor

Oct 23, 2019
I really don't understand how to do this. I downloaded the nwjs but there isn't a www folder in the nwjs.

axxovax

Jun 5, 2022
Hello there, new here, and I'm trying to a game running on Arch Linux through wine.

I really don't understand how to do this. I downloaded the nwjs but there isn't a www folder in the nwjs.
I'm seeing the exact same thing. No www folder, in either the linux or windows version that i downloaded. Where is it supposed to be?

dracoactor

Oct 23, 2019
Hello there, new here, and I'm trying to a game running on Arch Linux through wine.

I'm seeing the exact same thing. No www folder, in either the linux or windows version that i downloaded. Where is it supposed to be?
I figured it out for mac. Here is the explanation for mac:

Those instructions are a bit outdated. There used to be an app called game in that folder. Now it's called nwjs, as you correctly surmised.
To get the game working, rename the www folder from the windows download to app.nw and then copy and paste that folder inside the nwjs package (inside Contents/Resources). No replacement going on here, as nwjs comes without an app.nw folder. Game used to do, so that's where the replacement confusion comes from.
Note: RPGM keep their save files inside app.nw. This means you have make sure the app is not quarantined by Gatekeeper, otherwise your saves won't stick.
To reduce clutter, you can remove all those lproj files.
I don't use linux, though. Sorry.