Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV engine (all versions)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Anyone know which tools can view map.json or edit map in games?
You can open .json file with a normal text editor. To modify a map you need the correct RPG Maker Editor version. Means, games made with MV needs the RPG Maker MV Editor. Older games made with, e.g. VX Ace need RPG Maker VX ACE etc.

The Editor versions aren't available on F95. But you can find them online.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Pretty much it is, but MZ no longer has a NW.js file. In the lib folder you now have: libnode.so and libnw.so. Maybe these two new libraries replaced the native NW.js file? :unsure:
So even with MV, provided you're using the latest version, there's not NW.js file. Node.js is compiled to native code on all platforms.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So even with MV, provided you're using the latest version, there's not NW.js file. Node.js is compiled to native code on all platforms.
Latest available version of MV is v1.6.1 (Stable) which use NW.js on Linux and Mac (nw.dll on Windows?? I'm not a Windows user).
1621857872727.png
However, my knowledge of RPG Maker and node-webkit is very limited - let's say not existent. That's why I assumed that MZ integrated the nw.js into a library or something like that.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Latest available version of MV is v1.6.1 (Stable) which use NW.js on Linux and Mac (nw.dll on Windows?? I'm not a Windows user).
View attachment 1210157
However, my knowledge of RPG Maker and node-webkit is very limited - let's say not existent. That's why I assumed that MZ integrated the nw.js into a library or something like that.
So, there have been a couple of updates released, including what they call 1.6.3 in December of 2020 and an update in March of this year, but the about box still says 1.6.1. I don't trust their version numbers.

On Linux, in the RPG Maker MV directory, I have a nwjs-lnx directory
Inside there I have a lib directory
Inside the lib directory is:
Screenshot_2021-05-24_06-26-52.png

That said, you can just pull everything in and replace (I usually extract with overwrite) and it should be all good even for MZ.

The nw file you're pointing at in your picture is actually the executable. I don't see a file named "NW.js"

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So, there have been a couple of updates released, including what they call 1.6.3 in December of 2020 and an update in March of this year, but the about box still says 1.6.1. I don't trust their version numbers.

On Linux, in the RPG Maker MV directory, I have a nwjs-lnx directory
Inside there I have a lib directory
Inside the lib directory is:
View attachment 1210266

That said, you can just pull everything in and replace (I usually extract with overwrite) and it should be all good even for MZ.

The nw file you're pointing at in your picture is actually the executable. I don't see a file named "NW.js"
Ah, sorry! You are absolutely right. Now, after you mention it, I saw the libnode and libnw in my folder as well. o_O

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
pk2000 Do you have the native MZ Linux launcher? Maybe it is about time to share them here as well.
They do not officially support linux. The engine that comes with MZ v1.20 is nw.js v0.48.4

(uploading the core updates for MZ would not benifit end users since most MZ plugins are paid and encrypted)
For me nwjs v0.53.1 is the best version released ever

Reactions: drone4of2

medassin

Apr 5, 2018
You can open .json file with a normal text editor. To modify a map you need the correct RPG Maker Editor version. Means, games made with MV needs the RPG Maker MV Editor. Older games made with, e.g. VX Ace need RPG Maker VX ACE etc.

The Editor versions aren't available on F95. But you can find them online.
i gg but cant find any tools like that, all is edit save. can u help me?

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
They do not officially support linux. The engine that comes with MZ v1.20 is nw.js v0.48.4

(uploading the core updates for MZ would not benifit end users since most MZ plugins are paid and encrypted)
Been meaning to move to that, v0.53.0 was a good improvement, v0.53.1 moved to a new major version of Node so I wanted to do extra testing.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020

FYI - NW.js v0.54.0 is a huge improvement. The new JavaScript engine is significantly better.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
There are games where movies loop freezeing on 1.62...
is the 0.25 version a solution?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
There are games where movies loop freezeing on 1.62...
is the 0.25 version a solution?
RPG Maker MV v1.62 and NW.js v0.25 are the same. In your case I would recommend to download a newer "engine build" aka nw.js v0.53.

All versions available here:

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
RPG Maker MV v1.62 and NW.js v0.25 are the same. In your case I would recommend to download a newer "engine build" aka nw.js v0.53.

I'm playing Manila Shaw Blackmail obsession on mac with Mojave and Cataliana installed in different hard drives

in Mojave the old 1.5.1 was working fine so when I want play Manila I have to rstart from Mojave OS partition
-- in Catalina the result is here
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgm-video-playback-freezing-game-ysp_videoplayer-js.82856/post-6679713

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019

there is Mac os X version?

Edit .....: no problem i have found it thanks
I'll let you know if works

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm playing Manila Shaw Blackmail obsession on mac with Mojave and Cataliana installed in different hard drives

in Mojave the old 1.5.1 was working fine so when I want play Manila I have to rstart from Mojave OS partition
-- in Catalina the result is here
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgm-video-playback-freezing-game-ysp_videoplayer-js.82856/post-6679713
Since Catalina you either have to save the game in your "Application" folder or manually give permission to "Game.app". You can do it either via Terminal.app (chmod a+x -R) or using Permission Fixer (https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/post-1492564)
there is Mac os X version?
Yes. Simply click on the version and you will see all supported platforms.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Since Catalina you either have to save the game in your "Application" folder or manually give permission to "Game.app". You can do it either via Terminal.app (chmod a+x -R) or using Permission Fixer
this is the same on Mojave I can lunch games from all hard drives and location except for someone like Fake Family that must be on desktop in both OS(s)

i tried to fix the permissions inside the app and also other terminal tricks (is a must for a long time macos expert user like me) but in Catalina old nwjs inside RPG Maker MW1.5.1 won't work and cannot be opened)
I hav also the 1.62 that works fine on Catalina... but game like Manila or The office wife.. comes with video loop freeze

The version nwjs 53.1 seems to work fine with Manila
Thanks for the link