Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
!!! If you encounter freezes on your game try adding the "pixi-patch.js" in the "libs" folder and if it foes not help, replace the default pixi.js with the versions v4.5.6 or v4.8.9 (the latest compatible with MV) attached bellow. !!!
With RPG Maker MV v1.62 most (all?) games run great on Linux and Mac OS X.
Some games that every now and then crash in windows with the last update are more stable, but most developers won't update them with the latest engine because potentially can cause bugs especially if they forget to update their custom plugins.

Except from the windows "game.exe", MV v1.62 and nwjs v0.29.0 are byte-to-byte identical.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Important: if the game does not work try using the same version of the engine from RPG Maker MV engine (all versions)
edit: to find the exact version of the game engine, if you want to port it in linux or mac without upgrading the engine, open with a text editor the file "rpgcore.js" inside "www\js\" and search for the string "Utils.RPGMAKER_VERSION =" .
Debug Versions

edit: attached "pixi.js" versions v4.5.6 and v4.8.9 The default v4.5.4 had some bugs fixed in later versions (which kadokawa never imported)
edit: replaced kadokawa version with the nwjs version (MV1.6.x =nwjs 29.0) and attached a zip with the "package.json" files for MV1.62 and the Game.exe.zip (it is kadokawa's MV 1.62 Game.exe, for those that like it better...)

Last edited by a moderator:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Some that every no and then crash in windows with the last update are more stable but most developers won't update them with the latest engine because potentially can cause bugs especially if they forget to update their custom plugins.

Anyway I uploaded the latest engine for helping linux and mac users... and for any user of windows thatwants to play the game with version 1.62.

Instructions:
Copy or move the directory "www" of the game in the main folder.
To start the game run the file "Game.desktop"
(Important: the name of the root folder of the game should not have spaces.)

Instructions:
Copy or move all files and folders from the directory "www" of the game in the directory
"Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\"

Instructions: Copy or move the directory "www" of the game in main folder
Thanks for this.

One issue - WinRAR doesn't support Mac/Linux file permissions, so the executables and libaries in the archive are not marked executable. 7zip has the same issue. Next time please use the system zip tool.

If anyone has problems with this, use Permission Fixer.

Reactions: bilboswaggings

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks for this.

One issue - WinRAR doesn't support Mac/Linux file permissions, so the executables and libaries in the archive are not marked executable. 7zip has the same issue. Next time please use the system zip tool.

If anyone has problems with this, use Permission Fixer.
You're welcome.
I created them with the windows version of rpgmaker MV.
You mean that ntfs supports unix file permissions?
If yes, I'll zip them with the system zip tool and reupload them.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
You're welcome.
I created them with the windows version of rpgmaker MV.
You mean that ntfs supports unix file permissions?
If yes, I'll zip them with the system zip tool and reupload them.
As far as I know NTFS supports Unix file permissions. Ren'Py on Windows has no problems making working Mac apps, and has the right Linux permissions on executables, scripts and libraries in the combo Win/Lin packages. The problem comes when someone compresses things with WinRAR or 7zip - those formats don't have Unix permissions in them, so they're lost.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
As far as I know NTFS supports Unix file permissions. Ren'Py on Windows has no problems making working Mac apps, and has the right Linux permissions on executables, scripts and libraries in the combo Win/Lin packages. The problem comes when someone compresses things with WinRAR or 7zip - those formats don't have Unix permissions in them, so they're lost.
Nice. I'll remake them and reupload

edit: I reuploaded thhem compressed to zip

Last edited:

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Some that every no and then crash in windows with the last update are more stable but most developers won't update them with the latest engine because potentially can cause bugs especially if they forget to update their custom plugins.

Anyway I uploaded the latest engine for helping linux and mac users... and for any user of windows thatwants to play the game with version 1.62.

Instructions:
Copy or move the directory "www" of the game in the main folder.
To start the game run the file "Game.desktop"
(Important: the name of the root folder of the game should not have spaces.)

Instructions:
Copy or move all files and folders from the directory "www" of the game in the directory
"Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\"

Instructions: Copy or move the directory "www" of the game in main folder

edit: I updated the compressed files for Linux and Mac. In linux I modified the instructions.txt file (added the help info for linux from the rpgmaker mv)
That or you could just go into the www directory open the html file with your web browser. Really the only thing that the game player is is a cut down web browser. It wasn't hard for them to make most the major browsers have their code open sourced.

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
All DLC added?

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was this

Last edited:

rickmazza

Jan 26, 2019
Can't make it work... I followed the instructions and got just a screen with nw.js, nothing more...

rickmazza

Jan 26, 2019
What, EXACTLY, did you do.
Step-by-step.
Hey Tnks for the quick reply!
Unzipped the game (lust epidemic v77071) and the Mac_OS_X.zip. Explored the "game" package content., then Navigated to content, resources, app.nw and pasted all the files in "www" folder of the game. To test I also created a "www" folder in "app.nw" with all files, but same result.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

rickmazza

Jan 26, 2019
and also tell us the game and the OS (Mac or Linux?)
Unzipped the game (lust epidemic v77071) and the Mac_OS_X.zip. Explored the "game" package content., then Navigated to content, resources, app.nw and pasted all the files in "www" folder of the game. To test I also created a "www" folder in "app.nw" with all files, but same result.

Thanks in advance!

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017

Thanks in advance!

Don't add the "www" folder inside "app.nw" .
"app.nw" folder on the mac = "www" folder on windows and linux
1. can you post a screenshot of the directory?
2. if possible upload the file "rpgcore.js" of the game.

edit I just checked. it uses a modified yanfly version 1.5.0
Download the mac version 1.5.0 from here instead of the 1.6.2
(some games can brake compatibility with later versions e.g. "Nymphomania Paradox", and need a bit of fine tuning to work with 1.6.2 and that is the reason that I added all the versions of the rpg mv engine here )

Update: I checked. On the version that I had uploaded in the first post, I had removed the file "package.json" from the directories folders "www" and "app.nw".
I updated the links with those from the thread RPG Maker MV engine (all versions) (since I had already fixed it in those).
Redownload the and use that instead of the previous one.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickmazza

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys, I just made a Mac version of Lust epidemic v77071 (from the pc version) following (and sometimes guessing) instructions with RPG maker. I also found the right version of RPG maker to use in the rpgcore.js as shown here.
V77071 working fine for Mac.
IMPORTANT : not working for me with RPG maker 1.6.2 neither. When using RPG maker v1.5.0 the file "package.json" you find in the decompressed RPG maker v1.5.0 must be kept inside the app.nw folder where you'll copy the www folder's content from PC version otherwise it won't work.
My only remaining problem, and it's a big one, it's that I can't clic on "Continue" and use my old saves.
Any clues?

Update : checked the previous MAC version (Lust epidemic 74062) I had from F95zone. Old saves works fine. So I compare the 2 versions. Thought I had found something in Contents/Resources/app.nw/js/olugins/SavesInLocalData.js and tried to copy the file from v74062 to v77071 but it didn't work.
Something is missing to tell v 77071 where to find old saves and I don't know what it is.

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Hi guys, I just made a Mac version of v77071 following (and sometimes guessing) instructions with RPG maker. I also found the right version of RPG maker to use in the rpgcore.js as shown here.
V77071 working fine for Mac.
IMPORTANT : not working for me with RPG maker 1.6.2 neither. When using RPG maker v1.5.0 the file "package.json" you find in the decompressed RPG maker v1.5.0 must be kept inside the app.nw folder where you'll copy the www folder's content from PC version otherwise it won't work.
My only remaining problem, and it's a big one, it's that I can't clic on "Continue" and use my old saves.
Any clues?
Why no-one in this forum checks the previous replies? :confused:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-v1-62-linux-mac-and-windows.31352/#post-2093108
Use the updated version 1.6.2.
If your saves continue to not work attach them here and I'll check them. (It could be related with a custom plugin)

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Why no-one in this forum checks the previous replies? :confused:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-v1-62-linux-mac-and-windows.31352/#post-2093108
Use the updated version 1.6.2.
If your saves continue to not work attach them here and I'll check them. (It could be related with a custom plugin)
sorry I did read but missed that.
Indeed it's now working with v1.6.2 (on my first try the game didn't launch with this version) but old saves still unavailable.
Thanks for your offer but the problem is that I don't know where to find my old saves for Lust epidemic on my Mac. I know how to find Renpy saves but not these other saves.

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
sorry I did read but missed that.
Indeed it's now working with v1.6.2 (on my first try the game didn't launch with this version) but old saves still unavailable for old saves.
Thanks for your offer but the problem is that I don't know where to find my old saves for Lust epidemic on my Mac. I know how to find Renpy saves but not these other saves.
If it was this the saves should have been placed somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
If it was this the saves should have been placed somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/
Thanks for your answer.
The saves are very well hidden, I can't find them where u pointed.
I got the plugin you linked in the "app.nw" folder for both versions I have, one with old saves working (v74062) and the other with old saves not working (v77071). I opened both versions of the plugin, compare them and they where no difference at all.
Content is as follow :

//=============================================================================
// SavesInLocalData.js

/*:
* @plugindesc Causes desktop save files to be saved in/loaded from local application directories rather than alongside game data.
* Author Catball Games/Carrie Cygielnik
* Help This plugin does not provide plugin commands.
*/

(function() {
StorageManager.localFileDirectoryPath = function() {
var gui = require('nw.gui');
return gui.App.dataPath + 'LustEpidemic';

};
}) ();

Maybe changes as to be made somewhere else...

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks for your answer.
The saves are very well hidden, I can't find them where u pointed.
I got the plugin you linked in the "app.nw" folder for both versions I have, one with old saves working (v74062) and the other with save not working (v77071). I opened both versions of the plugin, compare them and they where no difference at all.
Content is as follow :

// SavesInLocalData.js

/*:
* @plugindesc Causes desktop save files to be saved in/loaded from local application directories rather than alongside game data.
* Author Catball Games/Carrie Cygielnik
* Help This plugin does not provide plugin commands.
*/

(function() {
StorageManager.localFileDirectoryPath = function() {
var gui = require('nw.gui');
return gui.App.dataPath + 'LustEpidemic';

};
}) ();

Maybe changes as to be made somewhere else...
The dev has deactivated the plugin in this version. Open the file "plugins.js" with a text editor go to the line 84 or search for
Code:
{"name":"SavesInLocalData","status":false
and change it to
{"name":"SavesInLocalData","status":true
Or if you want to hunt down where it saves them, and move them in the default directory inside "app.nw", without modifying the "plugins.js" search for a folder named "LustEpidemic".

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
The dev has deactivated the plugin in this version. Open the file "plugins.js" with a text editor go to the line 84 or search for
Code:
{"name":"SavesInLocalData","status":false
and change it to
{"name":"SavesInLocalData","status":true
Or if you want to hunt down where it saves them, and move them in the default directory inside "app.nw", without modifying the "plugins.js" search for a folder named "LustEpidemic".
Thanks that was a good advice to make a change in the file "plugins.js" from "false" to "true" and checking the same file on my working with old saves v74062 it was indeed set on "true". But it's still not working I can't clic on "Continue" to access old saves.
I think this step had to be done but there is another step somewhere blocking the process.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes