Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
There might be something with the package from Detective Girl that is causing problems. Anyone had any success?

Edited for update: Got it to work with vs 1.61 after making the TFF change to tff. But I did come up with a problem. Im also curious to see if the package that has 1 mb more than the other is at fault for the resource missing. By package I mean resources.pak
What package with 1 mb more? Unless you provide a link I cannot check...
As for the error from your screenshot... You'll see lots of such errors in a a lot of games.
Windows Os treats filenames with capital and minor letters the same, eg. A_File.txt, a_file.txt, A_file.TXT, a_FILE.TxT, in windows is the same file and you can't have all of them in the same folder.
But for Unix systems as linux and mac they are different files since their capital/minor letters of their names do not match and you can have all of them in the same folder.

For such errors you go in the directory of the file, you find the file and you rename it exactly as is displayed. The extension can be different though (some games use encrypted files, an example is this case).
For this specific error rename "!DOOR1.rpgmvp" to "!Door1.rpgmvp".

medassin

Apr 5, 2018
Do u guy know how to run game made by rpg mv 162 with old pc use xp os? i use nwjs-v0.12.3-win-ia32, but sometime it no help :(

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Do u guy know how to run game made by rpg mv 162 with old pc use xp os? i use nwjs-v0.12.3-win-ia32, but sometime it no help :(
Open the html file in a web browser?

But serious, XP? Damn...

samkazk

Apr 29, 2017
I followed the steps for my Mac but all I get is a black screen, for both Lily of the Valley and Manilla shaw

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I followed the steps for my Mac but all I get is a black screen, for both Lily of the Valley and Manilla shaw
Oh boy, they are huge downloads....
I'll check it the weekend, but in the meantime verify if you see the file named "package.json" in their "app.nw" folder. v.1.62 gives a black screen when that file is missing.

edit: you are doing something wrong. I just checked manila and runs great on mac with v 1.62
edit2: Lily of the Valley aIso works right out of the box.
I also attached "Lily_of_the_Valley_MV_v1.6.2_upgrade.zip"; it fully upgrades the engine from v1.51 to v1.62 and makes the game run smoother.
Extract it and add/replace the files in "www" folder of the game ("app.nw" for mac).

Last edited:
Reactions: samkazk

avn10.6.8

Jul 30, 2017
Okay followed the instructions but I can save and if I take out the js folder I get a black screen, what do I do?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Okay followed the instructions but I can save and if I take out the js folder I get a black screen, what do I do?
What do you mean with "take out the js folder"?
If you remove it the game won't work. Are you talking about replacing the files with those of the newdata.zip? That works only for games that are not encrypted or heavily modified (for those you'll have to compare and port the encryption/modifications in the updated rpg*.js files before replacing them).

avn10.6.8

Jul 30, 2017
What do you mean with "take out the js folder"?
If you remove it the game won't work. Are you talking about replacing the files with those of the newdata.zip? That works only for games that are not encrypted or heavily modified (for those you'll have to compare and port the encryption/modifications in the updated rpg*.js files before replacing them).
I don't know what I am doing and I read that it will make my saves work?
Also how do you use this if the game doesn't have a www folder like the games by nergalnest?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I don't know what I am doing and I read that it will make my saves work?
Also how do you use this if the game doesn't have a www folder like the games by nergalnest?
About the saves. They work without problems. The comments about js folder and saves are for specific games like "LustEpidemic" that use the plugin "SavesInLocalData.js"

For Rpgmaker VX Ace games (nergalnest) your options are:
- wine ( , , , etc.)
- mkxp https://f95zone.to/threads/mkxp-play-rpg-maker-xp-vx-vx-ace-on-linux-mac-and-windows.34303/
- a virtual machine like virtualbox or vmware

luciemrtn_

Dec 14, 2017
Both way of making Lust Epidemic that has been mentionned in this thread doesn't work for me on macOS Catalina

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Both way of making Lust Epidemic that has been mentionned in this thread doesn't work for me on macOS Catalina
This question has been answered a few times in Lust Epidemic's thread. Did you try chmod?
here is an example what you need to do:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
This question has been answered a few times in Lust Epidemic's thread. Did you try chmod?
here is an example what you need to do:
This step is not necessary with the mac uploaded zip. The permissions are restored automatically when unzipped with the "archive utility" of the OS.
Now the app is launching but close right away
Did you use the version attached in this thread? :unsure:
-chmod is not needed to be set manually for the mac versions that I uploaded (all versions of MV).
-v1.62 is a 64bit version and should work without glitches on catalina...

Last edited:
Reactions: cold_arctus

luciemrtn_

Dec 14, 2017
This step is not necessary with the mac uploaded zip. The permissions are restored automatically when unzipped with the "archive utility" of the OS.

Did you use the version attached in this thread? :unsure:
-chmod is not needed to be set manually for the mac versions that I uploaded (all versions of MV).
-v1.62 is a 64bit version and should work without glitches on catalina...
I tried again, with the latest released windows version of the game Lust epidemic (v99121). Copied the files from the "www" folder, and pasted them in the folder "app.nw" of RPG Maker v1.6.2 attached in this thread. I then tried to open "Game" and it just say that app can't launch

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes