Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
puppy.love as cold_arctus said you do not have write permissions in the folder ".../app.nw/save/".
how to fix them

ps. you should expect bugs on this game. It uses plugins that are not compatible with v1.62. For better compatibility you should use a version v1.5.x but I do not know if it will launch on catalina (v1.5.x is 32bit if I am not mistaken).

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
other problem . , i can't set option . when i had set,but right click can't back! just look second pic View attachment 479873
View attachment 479872
You're running it from Downloads. Downloads isn't where you'd think it would be (~/Downloads); instead it's a special directory in /private/var/folders, as shown in your 2nd screenshot.

Don't run it from Downloads. Move it somewhere else, like the Desktop.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Never mind I figured the problem after tinkering with it for a while. Basically the command was for enabling the "Game.desktop" and "nw" to be enabled as run as program. I manually did it and that's that. Well I finally learned something out of all this hassle.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Never mind I figured the problem after tinkering with it for a while. Basically the command was for enabling the "Game.desktop" and "nw" to be enabled as run as program. I manually did it and that's that. Well I finally learned something out of all this hassle.
Works fine for me.
Your terminal command is wrong too. You should had use "chmod -R x+a [drag and drop Game folder]" or manually change permission for "game.desktop" and "nw"

EDIT: oh, just saw that you fixed it yourself ... hahah:LOL:
1582466648559.png
1582466670171.png

Last edited:

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Got a new problem. I can't open the game again after having opened it once. It doesn't respond, no it doesn't freeze the PC it just stays idle.

May 26, 2019
I need help with the game called "Peasant's Quest."

The game is made using the RPG Maker MV Engine and I am using the Linux Mint 19 OS.

I am trying to get the game to work by using the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux.zip" tool given in this thread.

My process is stated below:
1) Download the tool given in this thread
2) Replace all the spaces in both the "Peasant Quest" root folder name and the executable name with underscores "_"
3) Extract the tool using Linux Mint's Archive Manager
4) Copy all of the contents from the extracted folder called "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux" into the "Peasant Quest" game folder
5) Merge the "www" files
6) Give the "nw" and "Game.Desktop" files "run as executable" privileges
7) Run the "Game.Desktop" and "nw" executables <=== This is where the problem lies

When I try to run the "Game.Desktop" file, literally nothing happens.
So then I try to run the "nw" file, this has worked for me in the past with games like "College Life," I get an error saying the "index.html" file cannot be located.

Apparently, the "Peasant Quest" www folder does not have the "index.html" that is required.
The www folder literally only has a save folder in it by default.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice or help.
I was also hoping that someone else with a Linux machine (hopefully Linux Mint) could attempt to get this game working and then inform me on how they succeeded.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I need help with the game called "Peasant's Quest."

The game is made using the RPG Maker MV Engine and I am using the Linux Mint 19 OS.

I am trying to get the game to work by using the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux.zip" tool given in this thread.

My process is stated below:
1) Download the tool given in this thread
2) Replace all the spaces in both the "Peasant Quest" root folder name and the executable name with underscores "_"
3) Extract the tool using Linux Mint's Archive Manager
4) Copy all of the contents from the extracted folder called "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux" into the "Peasant Quest" game folder
5) Merge the "www" files
6) Give the "nw" and "Game.Desktop" files "run as executable" privileges
7) Run the "Game.Desktop" and "nw" executables <=== This is where the problem lies

When I try to run the "Game.Desktop" file, literally nothing happens.
So then I try to run the "nw" file, this has worked for me in the past with games like "College Life," I get an error saying the "index.html" file cannot be located.

Apparently, the "Peasant Quest" www folder does not have the "index.html" that is required.
The www folder literally only has a save folder in it by default.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice or help.
I was also hoping that someone else with a Linux machine (hopefully Linux Mint) could attempt to get this game working and then inform me on how they succeeded.
As pk2000 already said, PQ is encrypted. Here is my post how you can play it on Liniux.
https://f95zone.to/threads/playing-on-linux-tutorials-tools-and-help.19523/post-2601362

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory
May 26, 2019
Why not?

Let me re-phrase. WINE doesn't work well with regards to RPG Maker MV games such as "Peasant's Quest."
I tried numerous times with numerous re-installations to get WINE working for RPG Maker MV games to no avail!
To be honest, WINE probably works well on Linux for running most other Windows programs.

As to why Linux Mint 19 can't get WINE to work with RPG Maker MV, I'm at a loss.
Try reading from the WINE-HQ forums if you wish to receive some semblance of an explanation.

If you can find a way to make WINE work with Linux Mint 19 for RPG Maker MV games, you'd be incredibly appreciated.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Pizzettarooo

Mar 20, 2020
With RPG Maker MV v1.62 most (all?) games run great on Linux and Mac OS X.
Some games that every now and then crash in windows with the last update are more stable, but most developers won't update them with the latest engine because potentially can cause bugs especially if they forget to update their custom plugins.

Anyway, I uploaded the latest engine for helping linux and mac users... and for any user of windows that wants to play the game with version 1.62.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Important: if the game does not work try using the same version of the engine from RPG Maker MV engine (all versions)

Debug Versions

goog tutorial man... it works on my linux ubuntu 16.04 ... i have a question ; how can i fix web export/ if i load all contnent of www online.... i get black screen ;9

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes