Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV MZ, CheatMenu [v2.1.1]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Dodou

Jan 4, 2022
I appear to have ran into an issue, I installed this on Dungeon with Girl and had to fix the plugins and it worked fine, then I went to translate the System.json and all of that to make it easier for me, but I somehow broke the cheat, I have tried reverting the changes and everything, fresh installs and all that, but nothing has worked. So last resort is to ask for help

In detail, the cheat loads fine, I get in game press L and it seems okay... until I press something else in which it just shows a blank screen where there would be items, weapons, party stats and such.

Though I will note that opening the menu does show all weapons in the game (though useless for this particular game) but clicking to anything else likes armors, items, variables, etc. will break it, after this going back to weapons also shows the blank screen. Opening inventory, adding favorites, adding weapons and opening saves/loads also work. Closing and reopening the menu shows the weapons again, but same story.

(current plugins.js and system.json attached as well as image of what it looks like)

MayhemSixx

Jul 3, 2022
Hey Aziien,
First thanks a lot for the tool!
Then, a quick question. I sometimes use RPG Maker Events to check what the game wants me to do or what variables I should modify to correct a fuckup, but as it is now I didn't find a way to know what variable name corresponds to say "Variable[430]" in the game code. Is it possible to show, or toggle showing, the variable and switch numbers?

Sep 22, 2016
I have a problem using the cheat menu with this game, It's sometimes impossible to go up and down with the arrow keys when selecting something from a menu.

Last edited:

GoldenArm

Oct 7, 2021
Hey, I have a small improvement request if I may?

I played this one game and the author really uses the engine's API to the fullest in places probably overriding parts of the engine cuz let's be serious: the engine is garbage as it is comparing to almost any other game engine despite being written in JS.

So what he does is he stores objects in variables. And those objects are sometimes functions, heh. The cheatmenu is unable to parse those. It treats them as strings I guess since this is what I see:
1718580936334.png

See those [object Object] things? That's how JS stringifies objects. In short, it doesn't like to stringify them.

Can we have a sliiiightly more advanced editing options there where we could edit those things as objects or strings rather than numbers only?

Like you could use JS to get typeof. if the type is object, then JSON.stringify it before processing. Then allow the user to properly edit the stringified json (maybe also prettify it while at it) and when saving it, pass it to JS as a string, but then JSON.parse it on the JS side.

Plus, I could technically do all the objects exploration through the custom JS execution panel, but it misses the output. I have to do alerts all the time to explore and that's mega slow especially considering how alerts can't show objects, so I have to stringify everything to explore. But the window is small and awkward. anyhow, if we could get Chrome's debugger there, that would be a dream come true.

PS

Also, is this on github? I may try contributing this piece if it's there.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Aswiri

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Hey, I have a small improvement request if I may?

I played this one game and the author really uses the engine's API to the fullest in places probably overriding parts of the engine cuz let's be serious: the engine is garbage as it is comparing to almost any other game engine despite being written in JS.

So what he does is he stores objects in variables. And those objects are sometimes functions, heh. The cheatmenu is unable to parse those. It treats them as strings I guess since this is what I see:
View attachment 3742857

See those [object Object] things? That's how JS stringifies objects. In short, it doesn't like to stringify them.

Can we have a sliiiightly more advanced editing options there where we could edit those things as objects or strings rather than numbers only?

Like you could use JS to get typeof. if the type is object, then JSON.stringify it before processing. Then allow the user to properly edit the stringified json (maybe also prettify it while at it) and when saving it, pass it to JS as a string, but then JSON.parse it on the JS side.

Plus, I could technically do all the objects exploration through the custom JS execution panel, but it misses the output. I have to do alerts all the time to explore and that's mega slow especially considering how alerts can't show objects, so I have to stringify everything to explore. But the window is small and awkward. anyhow, if we could get Chrome's debugger there, that would be a dream come true.

PS

Also, is this on github? I may try contributing this piece if it's there.
Send me your email in private and i can invite you

• Red Heart
Reactions: fsatti2000

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
I don't really know, but is this [Normal]?
I need to delete those .ini dupes including the original .ini each time I need to re-run it.
Else, .net would say "there is a problem"(error) without even launching it.
1719209757586.png

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
Not normal at all, why is there even so many
All I know, those stuff got generated during the generation of the .ini config file.
As if it tried to generate the file but for some reason, the naming of the file seems to had been typed and stopped at certain length that increases each time, it got repeated over and over until it generated the actual .ini.

I can delete the dupes just fine and leave the actual config file, but the error persist.
"Ignoring" the error is an option though, it will launch the installer, but doing so leaves uncomfortable feeling, personally.

Here is what .NET says btw.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
All I know, those stuff got generated during the generation of the .ini config file.
As if it tried to generate the file but for some reason, the naming of the file seems to had been typed and stopped at certain length that increases each time, it got repeated over and over until it generated the actual .ini.

I can delete the dupes just fine and leave the actual config file, but the error persist.
"Ignoring" the error is an option though, it will launch the installer, but doing so leaves uncomfortable feeling, personally.

Here is what .NET says btw.

Try moving it to another folder path without any special characters like . And spaces

Reactions: uglywolf

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Love this tool.
Had an issue before but bumped inot it again today so thought id mention it.

In this game https://f95zone.to/threads/captive-alstroemeria-v2-1-circle-tekua.212906/

I think the issue may be more to do with the translation than the game maybe? After installation, when i try to boot it sits on a black screen with a japanese window title and nothing happens.
Its the translater who changed formatting in the plugins file which he should never do but probably an effect of using translator++

alternatively you can add the code below as the last item in plugins.js (remember the comma on the previous item)
JSON:
  {"name": "CheatMenu","status": true,"description": "External cheat window, for easy item and variable modification.","parameters": {}}

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Its the translater who changed formatting in the plugins file which he should never do but probably an effect of using translator++
Ah, I expected as much. Thank you kindly.

Maybe an option to just dump the files in place and leave the user to manually edit the file after (in cases like this) could be useful?
Like a "safe mode" or something.

Again thanks for the tool, real nice.

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Ah, I expected as much. Thank you kindly.

Maybe an option to just dump the files in place and leave the user to manually edit the file after (in cases like this) could be useful?
Like a "safe mode" or something.

Again thanks for the tool, real nice.
The problem is also my program dont actuly insert it as a json object which would help a lot but just searches for the proper place to insert it, this will probably be implemented at some point

Reactions: b00marrows
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes