Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Hey pk2000,

Regarding the pixi.js stuff, I have four questions:

1) Your instructions in this thread's first post is to put the "pixi-patch.js" file in the "libs" folder.
Did you mean the "lib" (with no "s") folder? Because I cannot find any folder called "libs."

2) When you tell us to "replace the default pixi.js with the versions v4.5.6 or v4.8.9," are you saying that we should replace the "pixi-patch.js" file we placed in the "lib" folder with the version v4.5.6 or v4.8.9 "pixi.js" file?

3) It seems that there are newer versions of pixi.js as seen in this . Should we use those versions instead of the ones you have provided?

4) Last but not least, the zip files you provided for version v4.5.6 or v4.8.9 each contain both a "pixi.js" and a "pixi.js.map" file when they are extracted. Should we copy both files ("pixi.js" and a "pixi.js.map") into the "lib" or "libs" folder?

Thanks for your help!
Hello,
1) It wasn't a typo if a game has "lib", instead of "libs" it was moded by the developer... in that case place them in "lib" (unless you want to mod the index.html and point to the correct location of the files)
2) The pixi.patch is loaded automatically after pixi.js. For upgrading you need to replace the "pixi.js" file with the newer version.
3) Those are for pixi 5 (are compatible with MZ and not MV) ... but if you want to use them you should "upgrade" the engine to MV Game Engine 1.6.2.1
4) the map files are not needed (MV gives a loading error but you'll see that only on the debug console)

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
It wasn't a typo if a game has "lib", instead of "libs" it was moded by the developer...
My folder is named "lib" as well and it is the original Linux launcher which you provide here on OP. Or is there another "lib/libs" folder in "www"? :unsure:
1608636007366.png

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
My folder is named "lib" as well and it is the original Linux launcher which you provide here on OP. Or is there another "lib/libs" folder in "www"? :unsure:
View attachment 951403
Now... I understood the confusion....:)
The "lib" folder in linux is for placing the executable libraries.
The "libs" folder you will find it inside the "/www/js/" directory and has the necessary pixi related libraries . (was attached inside the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_NewData.zip").

edit: for windows those freezes are fixed if you minimize the window and wait some 3~5 seconds before opening it again.
(and maybe this pixi plugin could help further but I have not tested it)

Last edited:

user112358

May 12, 2020
How can we play games with encrypted rpgmv* files? It seems like nw is incapable of loading them. I did however replace nw with version 0.44 as was recommended earlier in the thread to fix the fontconfig issue. I also tried to get working, but I've been having trouble building it.
Any advice for this?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
How can we play games with encrypted rpgmv* files? It seems like nw is incapable of loading them. I did however replace nw with version 0.44 as was recommended earlier in the thread to fix the fontconfig issue. I also tried to get working, but I've been having trouble building it.
Any advice for this?
The Java decrypter is slow and doesn't work, if you don't know the encryption key. A better choice would be a decrypter based on Python like the one posted here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-encryptor-decryptor-python-scripts.47679/

Not sure if linked RPG Maker decrypter offers the option to decrypt rpgmv files in a different folder or not (if it does, your rpgmv files remain and you still can play the game). The script I use does, but not sure if it is the same as above.

Last edited:
Reactions: user112358

user112358

May 12, 2020
The Java decrypter is slow and doesn't work, if you don't know the encryption key. A better choice would be an decrypter based on Python like the one posted here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-encryptor-decryptor-python-scripts.47679/

Not sure if linked RPG Maker decrypter offers the option to decrypt rpgmv files in a different folder or not (if it does, your rpgmv files remain and you still can play the game). The script I use does, but not sure if it is the same as above.
That script works like a charm, did the full recursive decrypt, and leaves the decrypted files in the same folders as the rpgmv files as you said. Thank you!

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
any idea why is this ?

it came when tried to save
Well your question is unrelated to this thread and therefore off-topic.

However, it seems that you play a compressed version of a game on Linux. Linux is case sensitive compare to Windows builds and therefore file names need to match the names in the code. The guy who made the compressed version somehow didn't care about it. So, either file name doesn't match the name in the code (check mentioned directory in the error message) or the file is really missing (deleted by security application, corrupted extraction of the game, mistake made by compressor-guy).

stsc999

Dec 29, 2019
Well your question is unrelated to this thread and therefore off-topic.

However, it seems that you play a compressed version of a game on Linux. Linux is case sensitive compare to Windows builds and therefore file names need to match the names in the code. The guy who made the compressed version somehow didn't care about it. So, either file name doesn't match the name in the code (check mentioned directory in the error message) or the file is really missing (deleted by security application, corrupted extraction of the game, mistake made by compressor-guy).
oh yeah, just renamed the files which threw errors and it works, Thanks arctus

Aug 9, 2020
On the first page , it said that i needed to

"Copy or move all files and folders from the directory "www" of the game in the directory
"Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/" Which i did "

Yet when i click on 'Game' it stills show that it can't be open.

Is that others steps i needed to do before i can play the game?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
On the first page , it said that i needed to

"Copy or move all files and folders from the directory "www" of the game in the directory
"Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/" Which i did "

Yet when i click on 'Game' it stills show that it can't be open.

Is that others steps i needed to do before i can play the game?
Ah you are a Mac user. Good to know. You simply can rename the Windows "www" folder to "app.nw" and copy the folder to "Game.app/Contents/Resources/".

Then give permission to the game by open Terminal.app and write:
chmod -R a+x [drag and drop game folder into Terminal's window - hit enter]

Or use Permission fixer:
https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/post-1492564

Aug 9, 2020
Thanks for the help , I could finally open the game .
But when I try to change the settings this pop up .
Is this a problem of the game or I could fix this?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for the help , I could finally open the game .
But when I try to change the settings this pop up .
Is this a problem of the game or I could fix this?
Looks like you did something wrong and the game has no permission to read config.rpgsave.

Did you use chmod command correctly?

Aug 9, 2020
I had tried start a new game since i didn't have much from start.
I tried to save in the new game , it sounded it had saved but i couldn't find the save file.
When i tried to change the game options the error mentioned above appeared

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes