Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 9, 2020
however i did find one save file it is from the website gamcore.com. I tried to play the game from there once and somehow that old save file appeared in here.

Aug 9, 2020
Treasure of Nadia seems fine i can change the settings. Yet is it normal for a long black screen with background music for a long time after new game ? i waited for a long time and can't see anything -.-

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Treasure of Nadia seems fine i can change the settings. Yet is it normal for a long black screen with background music for a long time after new game ? i waited for a long time and can't see anything -.-
No, it isn't normal. Possible that you couldn't see the opening animation. That's why you got a black screen. Not sure why. On Linux I never had this issue, on Windows I would now how to fix, but on Mac I'm lost. Might also be related to the M1 chip.

Maybe it is due to the game stored in your Download folder. Try to extract a fresh copy on your desktop.

swp

Oct 15, 2019
If someone gets error with black screen about "d3d" or "not yet implemented" - delete 'libGLESv2.dll'

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
If someone gets error with black screen about "d3d" or "not yet implemented" - delete 'libGLESv2.dll'
That's nice of you sharing this with us, but it isn't needed if you play with the native Mac or Linux launcher.

Reactions: swp

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
You right, I did the reverse thing by copying 'www' into the original game folder. :LOL:
How did you get that error? :unsure:
If you delete 'libGLESv2.dll' you disable opengl, but you can achieve that by editing the two "package.json" files.
Just change/edit them from
Code:
{
    "name": "",
    "main": "www/index.html",
    "js-flags": "--expose-gc",
    "window": {
        "title": "",
        "toolbar": false,
        "width": 816,
        "height": 624,
        "icon": "www/icon/icon.png"
    }
}
to
Code:
{
    "name": "",
    "main": "www/index.html",
    "js-flags": "--expose-gc",
    "chromium-args": "--disable-gpu",
    "window": {
        "title": "",
        "toolbar": false,
        "width": 816,
        "height": 624,
        "icon": "www/icon/icon.png"
    }
}
Then Rpgmaker engine will make use of Canvas mode instead of OpenGL mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: swp

swp

Oct 15, 2019
How did you get that error? :unsure:
If you delete 'libGLESv2.dll' you disable opengl, but you can achieve that by editing the two "package.json" files.
Don't mind me, that was a natural error when running rpgm games with wine. I didn't do what I was supposed to. It works well now.

Reactions: pk2000

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Has anyone tried playing Night Tail with this, the latest version seems to work, but it apparently can't find source images (within www), and I've checked, they're there in .rpgmv format. Is it maybe a discrepancy in compression type due to different version? Has anyone seen this?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Has anyone tried playing Night Tail with this, the latest version seems to work, but it apparently can't find source images (within www), and I've checked, they're there in .rpgmv format. Is it maybe a discrepancy in compression type due to different version? Has anyone seen this?
.Rpgmv is the normal encrypted file format for RPGMV games.

I posted a link to a tool, written in python, here in this thread which you can use to extract the images as png.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So what? Doesn't the linux version support the encrypted MV files?
Of course it does.

If the game can't find files (.rpgmv or .png) then there is a naming issue with the file.

Night Tail isn't available on F95 so I assume there is a problem with the Japanese language font not being supported etc.

You can try to play the Windows version via Wine etc. to check if the problem remains or not.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes