{RPGM} [Translation Request] Yggdrasil & Witch & Dungeon

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Oh boy, I started to work on a MTL of this because I'm really not a fan of these auto-translators.
The first step batch translation is now sending 1.3 million characters to google.
How freakin long is this game? :KEK:

Edit: Yeah this is gonna take a while and I'm not sure if it's even worth it.
I guess this is gonna be one of those projects I'll only work on when I'm really bored, unless there's serious demand somehow.

Last edited:

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Here's a partial MTL for v1.72.

Partial in the sense that I have not included any scripts yet because holy fucking shit this game is huge and I have never seen this many errors at once before.
The other stuff already took a week and the scripts file alone has 11939 lines I would have to check one by one.
I'm probably at least going to partially translate stuff in the scripts in the future but do not expect that soon.
I'm also aware of the text running off screen problem. I will address that once I have the scripts working by changing the font.
Thanks for your hard work!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I actually finished the MTL now. Wish I could have this strict work ethic for other parts of my life. :KEK:

Once I figured out the patterns getting rid of the errors wasn't super hard anymore just fairly tedious.
Everything "should" be machine translated and functional now.
But this game is gigantic so I probably missed some small things like choice boxes or UI elements. (Because those are hard to distinguish from events and stuff you don't want to translate)

Please tell me if you notice anything super annoying.

The Font turned out fairly small but otherwise text escapes the screen a bunch.

Horalover

May 7, 2017
I actually finished the MTL now. Wish I could have this strict work ethic for other parts of my life. :KEK:

Once I figured out the patterns getting rid of the errors wasn't super hard anymore just fairly tedious.
But this game is gigantic so I probably missed some small things like choice boxes or UI elements. (Because those are hard to distinguish from events and stuff you don't want to translate)

Thanks for this!
I'm actually getting an error when trying to play. Whenever any battle occurs, the game crashes. I think the issue might be that the class isn't being recognized by RPGMaker? There is a "Error if this display appears" in the class section of the main character
1629208512930.png
1629208596026.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for this!
I'm actually getting an error when trying to play. Whenever any battle occurs, the game crashes. I think the issue might be that the class isn't being recognized by RPGMaker? There is a "Error if this display appears" in the class section of the main character
View attachment 1357252
View attachment 1357254
Huh...? I'll look into it. I will edit this post if i have any updates on it.
Edit: Found the issue, but I also found a bunch of other ones I seem to have missed on my first pass so this might take a bit.
Edit2: I also missed some minor translations it seems I'll fix those too while im at it.
Edit3: Seems like I lost the 50 50 on what text and what script is on some of these.
Edit4: Almost done but packing is really slow for this game

Last edited:

Horalover

May 7, 2017
Huh...? I'll look into it. I will edit this post if i have any updates on it.
Edit: Found the issue, but I also found a bunch of other ones I seem to have missed on my first pass so this might take a bit.
Thanks for the this.
This is the save file (but it's just the beginning). After I go out of the town and run into a slime, the fight starts. But after I select an action, then the game crashes.
I misspoke earlier. The crash happens when the character is trying to do the actual combat "attack" animation I think. Not when the battle initially starts.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for this!
View attachment 1357252
View attachment 1357254
Thanks for the this.
This is the save file (but it's just the beginning). After I go out of the town and run into a slime, the fight starts. But after I select an action, then the game crashes.
I misspoke earlier. The crash happens when the character is trying to do the actual combat "attack" animation I think. Not when the battle initially starts.
Issue resolved in MTL1.1. Also some other random fixes.

ChetZ

May 4, 2021

Thanks!
I find some game breaking errors:
1:The special symbol '\' appears in the end of the "I,m preparing now" type line.
2:In the coliseum MTL breakes if-statements in fight selection dialog. MTL substitutes "if(a != 0)" to "if(a! = 0)". I think that MTL tried translate '!' in operation '!='.
3:In the card minigame MTL often switches order of "%s" and "%d" in the card minigame scripts. There are several lines in two scripts with this error.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks!
I find some game breaking errors:
1:The special symbol '\' appears in the end of the "I,m preparing now" type line.
2:In the coliseum MTL breakes if-statements in fight selection dialog. MTL substitutes "if(a != 0)" to "if(a! = 0)". I think that MTL tried translate '!' in operation '!='.
3:In the card minigame MTL often switches order of "%s" and "%d" in the card minigame scripts. There are several lines in two scripts with this error.
This was one of my first MTL's and is, because of the advancements of MTool, like all other google based rpgm MTL's, largely obsolete.
I still updated it to try and address these Issues. Try MTL1.2. Hopefully I got them all.
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgm-translation-request-yggdrasil-witch-dungeon.61007/post-6365690

Last edited:
Reactions: ChetZ

Resti

Jan 27, 2018
any download link other than from op? like mega, anon, or workupload? please?

ChetZ

May 4, 2021
anyone else having the issue of quests not actually being when you try to get a quest?
Quests logic and rewards works but MTL breaks quest displaying script, because most essential scripts uses complex string functions and logic. Therefore MTL doesn't actually translate quests and many other deep parts of the game. This problem is inconvenient because most quests rewards are not collected from the guild(10 lizard tails in bar etc) and quests advices are not displayed in menu section.

• Wow
Reactions: Yukihirou

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Quests logic and rewards works but MTL breaks quest displaying script, because most essential scripts uses complex string functions and logic. Therefore MTL doesn't actually translate quests and many other deep parts of the game. This problem is inconvenient because most quests rewards are not collected from the guild(10 lizard tails in bar etc) and quests advices are not displayed in menu section.
Quest rewards break?
Could you give me a save just before you should be getting a reward so I can try to debug it?
Or does the issue already start with you not properly getting the quest in the first place? In that case could you provide one just before you should be getting one?
Or is that basically the start of the game? I never actually played this game I just cobbled that translation together a while ago.