{RPGM} [Translation Request] Yggdrasil & Witch & Dungeon

Ericridge

Jan 19, 2019
I got tired of waiting and decided to patch the game myself, if someone wants to download it I uploaded it into google drive
Do you know how to fix this error?

One of girls said she drank too much potions and had to bug out for brief time to go to restroom. But then that's when the error happens. I think this might be the event where flying jellyfish ambushes the girl. Not sure, been ages since i last played the japanese version.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Because I view my old MTL attempt for this back then as a broken failure, I've decided that I want to create an entirely new translation using my new SLRMTL format. Basically as an extreme stress test for that AI, since this game is gigantic and full of problematic scripts.
But I've been running some tests and it seems like the game version I have is already pretty broken.

Can someone please provide a download link to the definitely latest, untouched, original, version of this?
(Please don't buy it for me, I only mean if you already have it anyway.)

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
. anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-%5Bnew%5D%5B170330%5D%5Brarara%5D-%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%A8%E9%AD%94%E5%A5%B3%E3%81%A8%E8%BF%B7%E5%AE%AE-ver1-72-%5Brj194013%5D%5D-597487/

Shisaye I think this one should be the latest version. Though it's on some slow sites. The uploaded. net one should still work

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017

the hentai-sharing.net links are still active if the one above doesn't work. 1.72 is the latest ver. the game hasn't been updated in 2 years so likely going to be the last version unless the dev comes back from the grave

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
It already fully crashed my new parser. Good start. :KEK:

Edit: Fixed it. My rig sounds like a jet engine, but it's processing. :BootyTime:

Edit2: The automated bits are done. I'm now mass-replacing stuff to fix all the formatting errors, then I'll do some basic testing and publish.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: seraphiel722

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Given the absolutely insane nature of this game and that I finally want to replace that old MTL with something working properly, I'm thinking about making 2 versions.

A "stable" build to replace the old MTL that is most likely to work without any crashes and bugs, but doesn't necessarily translate everything, and an "experimental" build that aims to translate absolutely everything (text based) in the game, but is a lot more likely to still cause problems.
Until of course enough updates, or testing, has happened for the experimental build to replace the stable one.

Just in case people are confused why this would be needed for an old unspectacular looking game like this one.
This has around 2 million characters to translate, in parts because the dev decided to have 4 instances of everything, and every second line has some sort of text effect, or script.

Edit: Exporting just crashed because it ran out of memory.
I have 32GB of ram. :KEK:

Edit2: Finished the stable build, but as you can imagine the experimental one involves a lot of manual work and is still going to take a while.
(There's not much point in publishing a version I have already confirmed to be broken.)

Edit3: Just found a massive amount of text that was inside the "hard" scripts. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at though, this looks like normal dialogue, but why on earth would it be saved here? In any case that's missing in the stable version.

Edit4: Getting there, "just" the questlog is still broken.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Alright so here's the "stable" SLRMTL build for v1.72.
This only covers basic dialogue and light scripts.
That means there are still some buttons, labels, menus, status messages, and combat messages, in Japanese, but there is very little risk of encountering a crash, or a broken game mechanic (caused by the translation).

DO NOT USE THIS FOR A GAME-RELEASE THREAD.

Installation:
Please set your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to avoid breaking file names. Locale Tutorial
Before you can apply the SLRMTL you need to extract the game. Extraction Tutorial
Then just extract the translation to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
1.01: Fixed some quest stuff.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's the "experimental" SLRMTL build for v1.72.

To call this a mess would be an understatement. Please don't just report crashes, but also smaller bugs and leftover Japanese.

Known Issues:
Picture based text not translated.
Questlog not translated.
Some minor shop text not translated.
(I know how to translate this stuff, but I would have to redo it on every single version because it's implemented in a really stupid way)

DO NOT USE THIS FOR A GAME-RELEASE THREAD.

Installation:
Please set your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to avoid breaking file names. Locale Tutorial
Before you can apply the SLRMTL you need to extract the game. Extraction Tutorial
Then just extract the translation to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
1.01: Remade the broken companion dialogue system.
1.02: More companion dialogue fixes.
1.03: Card game script fixes.
1.04: Added some missing translations.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

Zynnthali

Mar 17, 2019
You ain't kidding about experimental. Companions seems to just give "0" as a greeting and chat option.

In an ongoing game, all companion characters also don't have faces when interacting, but when I started a new game this didn't seem to occur, so I wonder if that is a save issue?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
You ain't kidding about experimental. Companions seems to just give "0" as a greeting and chat option.

In an ongoing game, all companion characters also don't have faces when interacting, but when I started a new game this didn't seem to occur, so I wonder if that is a save issue?
Post me your save and I'll run some tests, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if old saves aren't compatible.
It's hard to explain the insanity of this game's "scripts.rvdata2". You gotta look at it yourself.

Edit: It might be that I changed the entry names of the companions to English, but in old saves it's still referring to the Japanese entry name and that's why it just shows 0 because the Japanese entry no longer exists. I would need an old save with companions to confirm that.
If that's the only save issue then I should be able to fix it.

Edit2: It's not just a save issue, the entire companion dialogue system is fucked. This will take a while.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Post me your save and I'll run some tests, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if old saves aren't compatible.
It's hard to explain the insanity of this game's "scripts.rvdata2". You gotta look at it yourself.

Edit: It might be that I changed the entry names of the companions to English, but in old saves it's still referring to the Japanese entry name and that's why it just shows 0 because the Japanese entry no longer exists. I would need an old save with companions to confirm that.
If you want a Japanese save, I can forward Etigoya's save (v1.72 version of the game but full save by cheating). It was a good share for full gallery.

Reactions: Shisaye

Zynnthali

Mar 17, 2019

If you still want them, I'll drop mine. Attached is a dupe of an ongoing save with translation on top. First one saved before applying the experimental and second is after, but it is essentially the same save. If you press A, you can see the face issue. For dialogue, gotta go to town inn, I think. Also, if you press A, it sometimes crashes the game with a missing file error, which I reckon might be related to missing faces.

Edit: I don't care about having them fixed specifically, this is just in case you can find them useful.

Last edited: