{RPGM} [Translation Request] Yggdrasil & Witch & Dungeon

ChetZ

May 4, 2021
Quest rewards break?
Could you give me a save just before you should be getting a reward so I can try to debug it?
Or does the issue already start with you not properly getting the quest in the first place? In that case could you provide one just before you should be getting one?
Or is that basically the start of the game? I never actually played this game I just cobbled that translation together a while ago.
Only displaying breaks. I tried to say that MTL usually makes decent job at not working with delicate parts of code, but many deep parts of game logic and texts (ex.:ntr, quests etc) is hardcoded with complex string operations(==, =, +, ruby analogs to str.find, substr etc, regular expressions, if-statements with japanese text).
But in the case of the quests the problem is more bad. The creator uses comments(notes, annotations) or sth similar(possible in common events as suggested in this script comments? didn't find) to store quests strings. Usually items comments have information about attack properties, skill properties etc.
In the case of the quests MTL translate technical vars CMD_TITLE, CMD_CONTENT which is used by a parser to find places with the quest text. Also this script has more complex logic in the execute_command with searching and calling methods from texts.
The MTL doesn't translate ruby commands such as 'p' in the common events. For example screenshot and the common events 6, 10, 11 etc.
Sorry for my not good english.

Resti

Jan 27, 2018
still waiting for mega / zippy / anon download link T_T

i tried to download on other site ( only found 1.71 ) and it got an error. said data overload i don't know.

Limita

Oct 5, 2019
help, when getting a subclass they become japanese, when answering question in "listen to story" they become japanese too, and when inviting to your room the girl dialogue become "0"

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
help, when getting a subclass they become japanese, when answering question in "listen to story" they become japanese too, and when inviting to your room the girl dialogue become "0"
easier if u just save urself the hassle and use mtool.

Naeere

May 21, 2017
I got tired of waiting and decided to patch the game myself, if someone wants to download it I uploaded it into google drive
Hey! Thanks for the upload.
Any chance you found a way to finish the translation? I get this error:

immagine_2022-04-04_161449274.png

KarylSummer

Sep 12, 2018
This game is pretty decent but theres quite a bit of dialogue.. if only alot of it was understandable especially when you try bringing up the affection of your party members

NekoLoliSenpaii

Dec 7, 2021
Here's a MTL for v1.72.

There still might be some small untranslated parts I missed. If you see any please post me a screen.

This is only meant for someone who doesn't like auto-translator tools like MTool. Please do not use this for a game release thread.

Installation:
To extract and play the game you might need to set your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
Before you can apply the MTL you need to extract and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
You can do this using the rpgmaker "All Decrypter". I will add a version as attachment.
Just run the "RPG Maker Decrypter.exe" and choose the "Game.rgss3a". Then move the newly created folders from the "Extract" folder to your game folder and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
Start the game once to confirm this step worked correctly before merging my MTL into it.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would also increase the speed of the fixing process.

Changelog:
0.9: Partial
1.0: Initial release
1.1: Combat fixes some missed translations fixed
1.2: random bugfixes
Hello, Shisaye! I come to you asking about this. So I've done anything to the T and I'm receiving this Error message. I understand that you are likely very busy, so I'd really appreciate any bone you can throw. I use the All Decrypter in your post to extract the game files of game.rgss3a then I move the folders into the game and *Replace* them. Remove Game.rgss3a then I start the game before I add your MTL using a Locale Emulator. It shows me this however... Capture.JPG Screenshot 2022-05-12 025348.png
I'd really appreciate your genius and continued support for us who depend on you!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hello, Shisaye! I come to you asking about this. So I've done anything to the T and I'm receiving this Error message. I understand that you are likely very busy, so I'd really appreciate any bone you can throw. I use the All Decrypter in your post to extract the game files of game.rgss3a then I move the folders into the game and *Replace* them. Remove Game.rgss3a then I start the game before I add your MTL using a Locale Emulator. It shows me this however... View attachment 1806777 View attachment 1806780
I'd really appreciate your genius and continued support for us who depend on you!
It's asking for a Japanese file, so it's not directly related to the translation, otherwise it would ask for something English.

Besides you potentially not using the correct v1.72 of the game and that file not existing, the by far most common issue would be that your files didn't extract properly and you actually have some gibberish files names instead of Japanese.
In that case please make absolutely sure that your system locale is Japanese(Japan) before downloading, extracting, and unpacking the game again.
If you are on windows 10, properly changing the system locale can be a bit confusing.
I wrote a detailed tutorial here.

Alternatively you could use MTool for this game instead.
The MTL in this thread is not a DMTL. It's just an old raw Google-Translate MTL.

NekoLoliSenpaii

Dec 7, 2021
It's asking for a Japanese file, so it's not directly related to the translation, otherwise it would ask for something English.

Besides you potentially not using the correct v1.72 of the game and that file not existing, the by far most common issue would be that your files didn't extract properly and you actually have some gibberish files names instead of Japanese.
In that case please make absolutely sure that your system locale is Japanese(Japan) before downloading, extracting, and unpacking the game again.
If you are on windows 10, properly changing the system locale can be a bit confusing.

The MTL in this thread is not a DMTL. It's just an old raw Google-Translate MTL.
I went away for thirty minutes expecting you to be asleep at this time and you responded! You're friggin amazing!

NekoLoliSenpaii

Dec 7, 2021

You're amazing! It worked, I thought using a locale emulator will allow me to play the game, but I was dead wrong! So thank you so much for helping me out! Have a blessed one!

WilliamV

Apr 22, 2022
I actually finished the MTL now. Wish I could have this strict work ethic for other parts of my life. :KEK:

Once I figured out the patterns getting rid of the errors wasn't super hard anymore just fairly tedious.
Everything "should" be machine translated and functional now.
But this game is gigantic so I probably missed some small things like choice boxes or UI elements. (Because those are hard to distinguish from events and stuff you don't want to translate)

Please tell me if you notice anything super annoying.

The Font turned out fairly small but otherwise text escapes the screen a bunch.

Hi Shisaye! I got this error when I check the status of the newly recruited drill swordwoman

Screenshot (300).png

I believe the correct name is "mt_後ろ髪_ドリル_金" in Graphics\Pictures\mt folder but idk why the last kanji is translated to English like this. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hi Shisaye! I got this error when I check the status of the newly recruited drill swordwoman

View attachment 1809326

I believe the correct name is "mt_後ろ髪_ドリル_金" in Graphics\Pictures\mt folder but idk why the last kanji is translated to English like this. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you for any help you can offer.
That is weird... I guess the easiest solution would be to duplicate the file so you have an original version and the wrongly translated file name to prevent the crash.

But to really fix that old MTL, I would have to start over at this point, and this game is super long.
I would honestly recommend to just use MTool instead of that mess.

Nobu

Aug 8, 2016
Can anyone upload the translation file extracted from mtool? Mine said its too big and I need to become a supporter if I want to translate it.

Reactions: KarylSummer