VN Ren'Py RSSU - Retro Style Soviet Undies - Case#1 Ithaca Project [v1.6.5] [ErosAmor]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

The most attractive girl in the game?

• Total voters

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
I loved this chapter, hopefully we will see more soon.

Still there are some spelling errors, some weird sentences and one can tell you not a native english speaker.

I would recommend you to get someone to take a look at all the script and help you fix those issues.

And I never heard Vuela, Vuela in Piano before.

Last edited:

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Chapter 2 Beta
Differences from the public release:
-Animation in low quality with bugs.
-No minigames.

So no minigames is a bad thing? If I want to play minigames I'll pick up my phone. If you want to write minigames, maybe you should write them for a phone. Who knows, I might even download one and play it... but I doubt it.

Minigames have been a huge waste of time, both for the player and the dev. To interrupt the flow of the story, just to play some stupid minigame, is aggravating to a lot of players.

How much of that time used to code those minigames could have been better spent to "perfect" something else in the game? Like maybe the translation, or finding a proofreader?

How many of those minigames are going to dump you out of the game like the quiz in the first chapter? Wholly unacceptable.

Good luck with it.

No matter how good the story or the renders end up being, I think I'll take a pass from now on. Your perfection just got wasted, at least on me.

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Chapter 2 Beta
Differences from the public release:
-Animation in low quality with bugs.
-No minigames.

So no minigames is a bad thing? If I want to play minigames I'll pick up my phone. If you want to write minigames, maybe you should write them for a phone. Who knows, I might even download one and play it... but I doubt it.

Minigames have been a huge waste of time, both for the player and the dev. To interrupt the flow of the story, just to play some stupid minigame, is aggravating to a lot of players.

How much of that time used to code those minigames could have been better spent to "perfect" something else in the game? Like maybe the translation, or finding a proofreader?

How many of those minigames are going to dump you out of the game like the quiz in the first chapter? Wholly unacceptable.

Good luck with it.

No matter how good the story or the renders end up being, I think I'll take a pass from now on. Your perfection just got wasted, at least on me.
but01.png

I prefer to focus on the story myself. Make an interesting story with beautiful pictures (cinema-style). But for some reason I thought that adding mini-games to the game could diversify the process (although somewhat prolong it). After all, a visual novel is not only a narrative, but also a game.
After all, here are the results of a poll on the Russian site:

poll01.jpg

As you can see, most people want mini-games in visual novels (they must be weird peoples :) )
Naturally, mini games should not just be inserted for their own sake. They have to be inserted into the story. And there should be some sort of reward for completing them. For example, additional pictures in the gallery.
So I made my own poll at the top of the thread. All indifferent to this topic, please vote:
Poll

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 1285479

I prefer to focus on the story myself. Make an interesting story with beautiful pictures (cinema-style). But for some reason I thought that adding mini-games to the game could diversify the process (although somewhat prolong it). After all, a visual novel is not only a narrative, but also a game.

View attachment 1285482

As you can see, most people want mini-games in visual novels (they must be weird peoples :) )
Naturally, mini games should not just be inserted for their own sake. They have to be inserted into the story. And there should be some sort of reward for completing them. For example, additional pictures in the gallery.
So I made my own poll at the top of the thread. All indifferent to this topic, please vote:
Poll
Mini games can add to gameplay for some, just as hunting for extra pics can do for some. If you want to put the time in to add them to the game, that is ok and up to you anyway as the dev. Just there are also a lot of people who do not like to solve a puzzle or have to have quick reflexes to be able to enjoy their story they like to see. (Not even talking that some people have good medical reasons why their reflexes are not as good or some colors can be hard to see.) :)

My advice always to a dev is unless you really think that someone is not worthy to play your game and see the story if they can not or do not wish to do the mini games is to add the option to auto win the mini games. For those who want to defeat them and the challenge, they are there, for those who dislike them or have problems with them they can pass them without consequences, win-win for all players.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
I prefer to focus on the story myself. Make an interesting story with beautiful pictures (cinema-style). But for some reason I thought that adding mini-games to the game could diversify the process (although somewhat prolong it).

After all, a visual novel is not only a narrative, but also a game.
That last sentence just said it all:
If your story and game play can't stand alone without minigames, it's not worth downloading.

An anonymous poll, so skewed to one side that it almost looks as if someone ran a bot to get their own way. It's an old trick that has skewed many a poll, but not usually so badly.
At least the polls here are "one user, one vote".

Poll
See my first response above.
Adding pictures that are not part of the actual game into the gallery kind of makes the gallery useless, too, doesn't it?

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
View attachment 1285479

View attachment 1285482

Poll
You know one of the easiest way to tell a vn is made by russians is that it has tedious badly done and meaningless minigames that except for them, everyone hates.

Chartone

Dec 2, 2017
People complain about minigames, but if they are done right they do not take anything away from the game. Just look the most popular game on the site, it has tons of minigames.

Reactions: Sersenio

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
People complain about minigames, but if they are done right they do not take anything away from the game. Just look the most popular game on the site, it has tons of minigames.
They are personal tastes, I don't see how it can be useful to history, but if they are done right, ok.

Reactions: Sersenio

oyemiperro

Apr 29, 2017
Just played part one, this game is B E A U T I F U L, the attention to color, to proper frame the images, the character creation (they actually look Russian), the attention to clothing, wow, just wow. The only con I see here is that it looks that the game is pretty small at the moment, so maybe the dev is not fully into developing it yet? Well, time for us to invest in this jewel.

Again, so beautiful. Can I get a banner to promote it?

robert ash

Jun 23, 2018
Re Mini games. Sorry if I'm duplicating a response, haven't had time time to read all the posts.
Mini-games need to be relevant to the plot and not almost-impossible. To be entertaining, you need to be able be able to make progress. I have played several games where I spent *hours* on a mini- game. That's no fun. Dial it down or allow for a work around after X attempts. [Had one in Milfy City I could not do/figure out [the ladder climb] had to get a cheat.]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes