RPGM Completed Rune's Pharmacy ~The Druggist of Tiara Isle~ [v1.76] [PicoPicoSoft]

4.60 star(s) 16 Votes

Testong

Sep 10, 2017
New update:

Please check if same issues are still there.

If you do find bugs, please include a save of where the bug is happening. While I do plan to play this game, the time from translating this game and real life means that I currently do not have the time to play. I have never played through Rune Pharmacy so a bug of "text is missing" is a bit hard to diagnose without a save where I can test the problem (I expected text to be in Japanese if not translated, not for the text to be outright missing).

On another note, while using Google Translate and DeepL to translate, some of the character names got translated wrong. For example, "Rune" was translated to "Rene". I think I corrected all "Rene" to "Rune", but there are other character names I probably missed. If you find any, please provide me the "wrong name" and the "correct name" that it should be, since I have yet to play this game I do not know what the "correct names" the "wrong names" need to be fixed to.
Finally got time to test again and it's still happening. Attached is my save game. Also can confirm CDM's issue is happening also. Looks like some chats are just gone.

Slicer.xy

Jul 8, 2018
Well this sucks.

After being told about these bugs, and doing testing based on these bugs, I have come to one conclusion. I had previously used Translator++ to transfer the translation from the old version to the new version, then used Translator++ to translate the new text that did not have a corresponding translation in the old version. Finally, I used "Translation tool for RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace" from "ULMF" to translate text that was missed by Translator++ (this tool does not really have a name, but my experience was that this tool was able to catch text that other translation tools missed. I believe it does this by taking the rvdata2 files and creating a one to one human readable JSON file that you can then manually add the translation into. This means it is very thorough but has little in the way of being automated and therefor the most labor intensive.)

Unfortunately, while there was peaces of text that Translator++ missed which is what I expected, it appears that Translator++ also outright deleted peaces of other text which is an unfortunate surprise to me. Unfortunately, the only way I can think of solving this is to redo the translation without using Translator++ and only using the tool from "ULMF". This means I will be putting in a ton of work and I will not have a next release/update ready anytime soon.

Testong

Sep 10, 2017
Well this sucks.

After being told about these bugs, and doing testing based on these bugs, I have come to one conclusion. I had previously used Translator++ to transfer the translation from the old version to the new version, then used Translator++ to translate the new text that did not have a corresponding translation in the old version. Finally, I used "Translation tool for RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace" from "ULMF" to translate text that was missed by Translator++ (this tool does not really have a name, but my experience was that this tool was able to catch text that other translation tools missed. I believe it does this by taking the rvdata2 files and creating a one to one human readable JSON file that you can then manually add the translation into. This means it is very thorough but has little in the way of being automated and therefor the most labor intensive.)

Unfortunately, while there was peaces of text that Translator++ missed which is what I expected, it appears that Translator++ also outright deleted peaces of other text which is an unfortunate surprise to me. Unfortunately, the only way I can think of solving this is to redo the translation without using Translator++ and only using the tool from "ULMF". This means I will be putting in a ton of work and I will not have a next release/update ready anytime soon.
Ouch that sucks to hear... Well thank you for all your efforts but don't force yourself if you don't have the time. I really wish I can play 1.76 fully in English one day haha.

AlohaAmore

Mar 20, 2021
New update:
"Removed due to bad bugs".

Please check if same issues are still there.

If you do find bugs, please include a save of where the bug is happening. While I do plan to play this game, the time from translating this game and real life means that I currently do not have the time to play. I have never played through Rune Pharmacy so a bug of "text is missing" is a bit hard to diagnose without a save where I can test the problem (I expected text to be in Japanese if not translated, not for the text to be outright missing).

On another note, while using Google Translate and DeepL to translate, some of the character names got translated wrong. For example, "Rune" was translated to "Rene". I think I corrected all "Rene" to "Rune", but there are other character names I probably missed. If you find any, please provide me the "wrong name" and the "correct name" that it should be, since I have yet to play this game I do not know what the "correct names" the "wrong names" need to be fixed to.
You did well thank you very much, there were many who were also tired of waiting and I appreciate your effort in making a move to translate it

Slicer.xy

Jul 8, 2018
Does anyone know of tools that can be used to translate this game?

After spending a month on and off working on the translation, I eventually came to a bang your head against the wall moment. I discovered that the only tool that I found that was able to find all of the text that needs to be translated, the unnamed tool that I was using from ulmf, was causing the disappearing text issue in my previous attempts. So in order to finish this translation I need a new tool.

I have tried the free version of Tranlsator++ but that tools spits out errors when trying to use it on a game that is partly translated. Also, Translator++ apparently hates Rune Pharmacy v1.76. I tried using RPGMakerTrans but that tool failed to extract text on a game that is mostly translated.

The missing text is found in the file CommonEvents.rvdata2 (honestly, I should have noticed that the CommonEvents file was decreasing in size from 1525KB untranslated to 1365KB after translation) So far I have yet to translate it successfully. I have the translation for most of the text in one form or another, and while some other files do decrease in size after translation, the decrease is less than 3 percent so I am assuming the CommonEvents is the only filed being bugged during translation.

I am so close to getting this game working, that I can almost taste it. All I need is some program that can successfully create a translation blueprint for CommonEvents and successfully apply that blueprint to CommonEvents once I add the text to that blueprint.

AlohaAmore

Mar 20, 2021
Does anyone know of tools that can be used to translate this game?

After spending a month on and off working on the translation, I eventually came to a bang your head against the wall moment. I discovered that the only tool that I found that was able to find all of the text that needs to be translated, the unnamed tool that I was using from ulmf, was causing the disappearing text issue in my previous attempts. So in order to finish this translation I need a new tool.

I have tried the free version of Tranlsator++ but that tools spits out errors when trying to use it on a game that is partly translated. Also, Translator++ apparently hates Rune Pharmacy v1.76. I tried using RPGMakerTrans but that tool failed to extract text on a game that is mostly translated.

The missing text is found in the file CommonEvents.rvdata2 (honestly, I should have noticed that the CommonEvents file was decreasing in size from 1525KB untranslated to 1365KB after translation) So far I have yet to translate it successfully. I have the translation for most of the text in one form or another, and while some other files do decrease in size after translation, the decrease is less than 3 percent so I am assuming the CommonEvents is the only filed being bugged during translation.

I am so close to getting this game working, that I can almost taste it. All I need is some program that can successfully create a translation blueprint for CommonEvents and successfully apply that blueprint to CommonEvents once I add the text to that blueprint.
am not familiar with tools sorry but i came across this within the thread
https://f95zone.to/threads/runes-pharmacy-the-druggist-of-tiara-isle-picopicosoft.1352/post-5474825

then here is the link to the tool it mentioned
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-make...g-studio-cheat-fullauto-translate-tool.54117/

Slicer.xy

Jul 8, 2018
While this tool:

https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-make...g-studio-cheat-fullauto-translate-tool.54117/

does work, the tool needs to be installed and used to launch the game for the translation to be applied. I believe that this tool is an active translator, a tool that translates the game as you are playing it. Since this tool applies its own patch, any previous translations that are not hard coded into the game will be missing. Also this tool trips MS Windows Security and many other anti viruses, so I prefer to take a "use at your own risk approach" for this program.

If anyone wants to play the game with most of the old translation intact, some of the new stuff translated, and plan to use the above program, here is a upload of the 1.76 version of the game with the file containing the missing text not touched:

This means that the known missing text as well as other text that comes from that same game file will be in Japanese and you would need to use the above program to have the game translated as you are playing it. Also, there is still risk with this upload that other files in the game became broken during translation. That would mean that there might be other scenes later down the line where the text is also missing or other game breaking bugs. Personally, I will wait for other programs that will let me fully translate and patch the game.

Edit: I discovered that an old translation attempt that I kept around (where the translation was only applied by Translator++) adds in more translated text. Instead of doing a complete game re-upload, I have attached the single new file to this message. Simply unzip the file and drag and drop it into the "Data" folder of the game folder. Keep in mind that after applying the translation from Translator++ the file decreased in size from 1525KB to 1425KB, so there might be bugs.

Last edited:

yamamotosan

Sep 18, 2020
Ah damn.. T T
I try to find Rune's ending guide after got the first ending : Departure.
(I go for Mei only route, and pumping my corruption for that route by spamming paralysis rice ball while fighting dragon at the end till Rune's corruption reach 50, then doing the nudist peach quest and got Mei that way.)
hm.. really wonder how could I have the 2 ending or the 3 ending. (I kinda hope that one of them are gonna be Mei's ending where you can have kids with her after ending, but maybe there aren't any of her ending. aww)

edit 1 : I came here after searching around in google and didn't found any, some others game also pop up like " Rune Factory "
maybe I just have to experiment around for that, didn't want Rune to get touch by anyone other than Mei tho.. They're both really lovey dovey together ><

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
From what I remember (it is a LONG time since I played this), the ending is purely based on Rune's corruption

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
just got the good end (generic af ending) and decided I'm not gonna keep playing it. I need to ask what were the other endings

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
just got the good end (generic af ending) and decided I'm not gonna keep playing it. I need to ask what were the other endings
I seem to remember there being a way to see all the endings once you get one, don't remember the specifics though

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
Finally got time to test again and it's still happening. Attached is my save game. Also can confirm CDM's issue is happening also. Looks like some chats are just gone.
What's the difference between 1.7.1 and 1.7.6?

Last edited:

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
While this tool:

does work, the tool needs to be installed and used to launch the game for the translation to be applied. I believe that this tool is an active translator, a tool that translates the game as you are playing it. Since this tool applies its own patch, any previous translations that are not hard coded into the game will be missing. Also this tool trips MS Windows Security and many other anti viruses, so I prefer to take a "use at your own risk approach" for this program.

If anyone wants to play the game with most of the old translation intact, some of the new stuff translated, and plan to use the above program, here is a upload of the 1.76 version of the game with the file containing the missing text not touched:

This means that the known missing text as well as other text that comes from that same game file will be in Japanese and you would need to use the above program to have the game translated as you are playing it. Also, there is still risk with this upload that other files in the game became broken during translation. That would mean that there might be other scenes later down the line where the text is also missing or other game breaking bugs. Personally, I will wait for other programs that will let me fully translate and patch the game.

Edit: I discovered that an old translation attempt that I kept around (where the translation was only applied by Translator++) adds in more translated text. Instead of doing a complete game re-upload, I have attached the single new file to this message. Simply unzip the file and drag and drop it into the "Data" folder of the game folder. Keep in mind that after applying the translation from Translator++ the file decreased in size from 1525KB to 1425KB, so there might be bugs.
Are you doing the english tl of 1.7.6 still?

4.60 star(s) 16 Votes