• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Completed Rune's Pharmacy ~The Druggist of Tiara Isle~ [v1.76] [PicoPicoSoft]

4.60 star(s) 16 Votes

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
A small fix, again for the scripts (v1.76):
If you've played in japanese locale, you may have noticed text overrun issues in message log.
In this file, the VL Gothic font is set as the main font so that the text will look the same regardless of the locale.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Btw you may want to make the font size a tiny bit bigger.
1656667011055.png
It is a bit too ant sized.
Especially in comparison to the font the game used to have.
1656666933682.png
Not the same screenshot but im sure you get the idea.
Its not like theres no space in the dialogue boxes to make it bigger.
(best way to do it is to open the game in the rpgmaker engine ,since there you can actually specify text size for specific parts of the dialogue and where do u want it to start.
You can just change the X axis in the script related to the message log. That way you can keep a bigger font and no text overflow.)
Instead of possible causing headaches to people trying to read the tiny letters.

On that note instead of "Consent" you may want to use "Accept".

She is not consenting to sex, she is accepting a proposal (even if its about sex).

Last edited:
Reactions: Eurekachan26

ram-z

Mar 12, 2019
discrepancies
Don't get it.
Metadata matching was done even before my first post in this thread.
Dialogues a priori may not match if compared line by line.

bigger font
Situation:
The game comes with three custom fonts. Additionally, a font from the RTP is used as a last resort.
We don't have enough flexibility to change font-size/name, because of text overrun issues.
Word wrapping could be done dynamically with scripts, but that would lead to a chain of other problems (one way or another, we have to revise all text).

My thinking:
I tested all 4 fonts and the last one didn't cause any problems, so I assumed it was the one that should be used.
The first font is imo too messy: some letters touch the neighboring ones, some are very far away (just hell for a perfectionist).
The message log will also look unbalanced if you move everything to the left.

consenting
Imagine that you skipped the previous messages, what do you see?
...just simply, she is about to consent to take medicine.

Last edited:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Don't get it.
Metadata matching was done even before my first post in this thread.
Dialogues a priori may not match if compared line by line.
Let me put it like this then, some of translation for the 1.76 content is so off compared to the original japanese dialogue that it makes me think it was ran through mtl and then edited without looking back. Thats what i meant really. (no offense intended)

Something.
If it wasnt possible to do it without extra scripts i wouldnt have mentioned it.
I tested it in a old 1.71 version since it still had the original font and using the rpgmaker engine to edit the X axis a tiny bit worked just fine.
There shouldnt be any diference beetween versions other than the extra content so unless you are using something other than rpgmaker engine to edit fonts and dialogue it should work.

Imagine that you skipped the previous messages, what do you see?
...just simply, she is about to consent to take medicine.
Refer to my point at the start of this post.

Regardless noone else picked it up (not even me), so i guess i cant really complain can I?:cry:

Last edited:

ram-z

Mar 12, 2019
...my level of Japanese - is that what you're getting at? I'm sorry, we did it the best we could.
"so off" moments appear when the smoothness of the narrative is lost.

The font patch is optional, I just made things clearly defined. (Someone forgot to translate the font names?)
We should probably look for an alternative, if opinions differ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Maouhime

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
...my level of Japanese - is that what you're getting at? I'm sorry, we did it the best we could.

The font patch is optional, I just made things clearly defined. (Someone forgot to translate the font names?)
We should probably look for an alternative, if opinions differ...
Well idk if it was you who translated the entire thing of the 1.76 content. But as i said some stuff is really off.

As for fixing the message log text overflow i would fix it myself but for some reason my rpgmaker engine program crashes with your 1.76 version (thus me wondering what tools you used).

Either way noone else seems to have any complains or sugestions so... guess theres nothing else to be done

Eurekachan26

Feb 2, 2018
Just to make sure, the game only have three endings even with the new update right? The virgin edning and the normal ending. How do you get the third?

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Just to make sure, the game only have three endings even with the new update right? The virgin edning and the normal ending. How do you get the third?
I am almost sure theres at least 4/5 endings since the 1.76 version did add 1 or 2

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
END1
The ending is reached without fulfilling the conditions of END2 and END3.

END2
The ending is reached with a fame value of 32 or more while in the virgin state.

END3
The quest that occurs when you become No. 1 in popularity by advancing through the events in the brothel.
The ending is reached by completing the quest "Kaze-yaku and Ginseng-cha (ginseng tea).

Those were the original endings at least

Then i believe you have a ending where she marries shalban

Reactions: Eurekachan26

adoltin

Oct 22, 2021
I beat the game with all 3 endings, but I'm a completionist and am missing some items from the compendium does anyone know what these might be or where I could find then?

Items

Equipment

Just these 5 things. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm missing.

ram-z

Mar 12, 2019
I beat the game with all 3 endings, but I'm a completionist and am missing some items from the compendium does anyone know what these might be or where I could find then?
Items
#054: Shalban (romantic branch)

Equipment
#013: Danshinein Forest
#039: Home (bedside table) :LOL:
#043: Ultramarine Caverns 1F
#044: Mei's insomnia quest

Reactions: adoltin

adoltin

Oct 22, 2021
Items
#054: Shalban (romantic branch)

Equipment
#013: Danshinein Forest
#039: Home (bedside table) :LOL:
#043: Ultramarine Caverns 1F
#044: Mei's insomnia quest
Thank you so much!
I swear I've checked the bedside table multiple times, and why is there an item locked behind a specific path?! I hate missable things!

merikanthus

Feb 18, 2021
Could someone compile the 1.7.6 version with the new translation patch in a single post? Would be good for those who don't know there's a newer version and want to give it a try.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
btw somebody know if you are able to keep the youth potion effect outside that quest? I mean there are holes in the walls where i think I'm supposed to enter only in the youth form, honestly i didn't explored that much outside the main quest since i've ended the game as virgin, tried a bit of stuff but surely I miss some other, I know that actually the dev never completed what he wanted to do but surely he didn't left the holes without nobody is able to enter right? (if i'm not wrong there is also a chest in the old caste that you are able to access only being small enough).

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
There shouldnt be any diference beetween versions other than the extra content
You mean new content added in the new update? I wouldn't ask this question but since the op is mentioning "dlc" I'm not sure if actually I got wrong something.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
So does the OP now include ver. 1.76 english with everything translated, the dlc content, and the font patch?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So does the OP now include ver. 1.76 english with everything translated, the dlc content, and the font patch?
I took game link and the script fix and merged them. game "should be 1.76 in english (Engrish? Idk?)

Reactions: flynn0426

d1fortest

Apr 30, 2020
Huh? There is an update? What change from previous version? There is no blogpost or version update notification on DL site too :WaitWhat:

4.60 star(s) 16 Votes