Others RyonaRpg [v4900] [Rsaga]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes
Aug 18, 2017
Translation files now include a pre-patched copy of the most current version; Currently 20181025 (Excluding non core updates).
I'll check it out, scan it and update for a new link on the main page if it turns out to be worth a update, i'm currently translating games so i'm really busy RN.

Reactions: johanaxel007

Flare Wintersong

Feb 6, 2018
i went above and beyond to find the latest available version with the latest pictures and the patch i made sure i was in japanese locale and had a japanese language patch before extracting. i get this error when i play the game. i know i have rpgmaker 2000RTP installed can anyone help me figure out what is going wrong? i cannot read japanese.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
My guess is that you installed the English RTP. The Japanese RTP has additional assets that aren't in the English RTP, why they didn't make all versions the same so things were more universally compatible I have no idea but the good news is the Japanese RTP runs both English and Japanese games fine.

This is the RTP you want:

If you ever need any others here's where to get them from:

Just use the download link in the RTP column, Action game Maker is all in Japanese but the rest clearly show VX, XP, 2000 etc.

Reactions: Gofrey

personhuman432432

Jul 31, 2018
I had the same issue, but I believe I have found a solution.

I was searching for a fix when I came across
(it's in Spanish)
The program you'll want to download is called Windower (by Issei) and it's in the description.
the (▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬► Descarga) bit, you'll find it, I'm sure!

(I tried finding the program on google, but I couldn't. I might be blind and I probably am stupid, but if you find it then let me know)

After you've finished downloading...
1. It shouldn't matter where you drag the files. Drag them to the recycle bin, like a real man.

2. When you open the Windower.exe, you'll see random games/programs already added, don't bother with them (unless you actually want to play those later).

3. Now just click the blue + and add RPG_RT.exe. I don't know if you have to click on the arrow to activate emulation, but do it anyway. A little button pressing never hurt anyone, right?

4. After you've added the game, click on it so it's selected (turns
B L U E) and 3 icons should light up. Click on the one that's in the middle (folder icon).
This is the bit I'm
not so sure about, I might've enabled options that actually don't help, but hey, at least it works.

CommonWindow modeForeground controlDirect input
Height: "1024"Enable "DDraw emulate"Enable "Use Foreground Control"Enable "Use direct input"
Width: "768"Enable "Use DDraw Flip Blit"Enable both "GetActive.." and "GetForeground.."bruh

Now just click on the first icon in the small row (computer icon).

Worked for me, hopefully works for you too.

Reactions: pchmsl

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
ah ty very much and now i have a new issue ._.
I asked a friend about your error message and here's his response:

"I'm going to assume (s)he is using Windows 10 although the issue also applies to Windows 8 but to a lesser degree. Both have a lot of issues with backwards compatibility especially when it comes to reduced colour or DDraw. They can try running compatibility mode in Windows XP 16bit colour but Windows compatibility settings tends to load the program before applying the compatibility settings so often the program has already crashed by that time. I can write a step by step on how to create a .reg file that forces the compatibility settings to apply correctly, alternatively some of the files from Wine can be patched into Windows to solve the problem but can be rather slow to setup.

I would suggest using this from Cherry as the quickest method to bypass the isssue.
"Put the content of this archive in the folder of the game you want to play:
...together with this file:

And then start afm_game_starter.exe. You can use F6 to toggle fullscreen (DO NOT use F4 or F5 or Alt+Enter!) and F8 to change the filter (none -> Scale2x -> hq2x)"

If you need the info on writing a .Reg file let me know"

Flare Wintersong

Feb 6, 2018
I had the same issue, but I believe I have found a solution.

I was searching for a fix when I came across
(it's in Spanish)
The program you'll want to download is called Windower (by Issei) and it's in the description.
the (▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬► Descarga) bit, you'll find it, I'm sure!

(I tried finding the program on google, but I couldn't. I might be blind and I probably am stupid, but if you find it then let me know)

After you've finished downloading...
1. It shouldn't matter where you drag the files. Drag them to the recycle bin, like a real man.

2. When you open the Windower.exe, you'll see random games/programs already added, don't bother with them (unless you actually want to play those later).

3. Now just click the blue + and add RPG_RT.exe. I don't know if you have to click on the arrow to activate emulation, but do it anyway. A little button pressing never hurt anyone, right?

4. After you've added the game, click on it so it's selected (turns
B L U E) and 3 icons should light up. Click on the one that's in the middle (folder icon).
This is the bit I'm
not so sure about, I might've enabled options that actually don't help, but hey, at least it works.

CommonWindow modeForeground controlDirect input
Height: "1024"Enable "DDraw emulate"Enable "Use Foreground Control"Enable "Use direct input"
Width: "768"Enable "Use DDraw Flip Blit"Enable both "GetActive.." and "GetForeground.."bruh

Now just click on the first icon in the small row (computer icon).

Worked for me, hopefully works for you too.
Tyvm the link you provided doesnt seem to be working though :(

Flare Wintersong

Feb 6, 2018

"I'm going to assume (s)he is using Windows 10 although the issue also applies to Windows 8 but to a lesser degree. Both have a lot of issues with backwards compatibility especially when it comes to reduced colour or DDraw. They can try running compatibility mode in Windows XP 16bit colour but Windows compatibility settings tends to load the program before applying the compatibility settings so often the program has already crashed by that time. I can write a step by step on how to create a .reg file that forces the compatibility settings to apply correctly, alternatively some of the files from Wine can be patched into Windows to solve the problem but can be rather slow to setup.

I would suggest using this from Cherry as the quickest method to bypass the isssue.

And then start afm_game_starter.exe. You can use F6 to toggle fullscreen (DO NOT use F4 or F5 or Alt+Enter!) and F8 to change the filter (none -> Scale2x -> hq2x)"

Ah tyvm i will try these when i get the chance and let you know i very much appreciate this.

Flare Wintersong

Feb 6, 2018

Ok the game works now that i did it in compatibility mode. Can someone tell me how to aquire and apply the latest translation and machine translate the rest?

Flare Wintersong

Feb 6, 2018
Id like to clarify i am looking for simply the translation files to apply to the game not the game itself so the link here i wouldnt know how to use. I need the translation files themselves and how to translate the rest via some program or something.

johanaxel007

Aug 4, 2018
Id like to clarify i am looking for simply the translation files to apply to the game not the game itself so the link here i wouldnt know how to use. I need the translation files themselves and how to translate the rest via some program or something.
The latest translation that I know of is: whish is for version 20181025 but it should work for newer versions. You can apply the patch using RPGMakerTransv4.5.
As for machine translating the rest I have no idea on how to do that, would like to know tho.

Izelith

Oct 20, 2017
I've tried all the ideas I've read about on this page and can't find a fix that works. XT
I used to love playing this game, before I was forced to "upgrade" <_< to windows 10.

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Should know that applying patch to later versions of the game breaks it.
Some characters have missing images and some events give a 無効な主人公が指定されました error.

For people having trouble running the game, try this:

Last edited:

pirajacinto

Nov 21, 2018
Always good to know there is still interest in this game. Slave mode was always my perferred way to play, and getting owned by the arena was always the best.

Sarptos

Feb 24, 2018
is there any way get a new traslation or update the game??? in the game dev page exist 2 tabs , 1 for cores and other for little updates?? i dont how apply these updates, need help

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
Here is RyonaRPG updated to latest implemented update (up4577, 2019/11/25) and prepatched with translation patch linked by johanaxel007:

I included both translated and original versions, because, as mentioned above, some events can give error in translated version, and this can be circumvented by copying save to original version and doing that event there.
Though in about 8 hours of gameplay I encountered only one such broken event - human dog remodeling in life science institute, but there possibly can be more.
Other then that the game is perfectly playable in Windows 10 x64 LTSB version 1607 and in Windows 7.

I also made "RPG_RT test.cmd" file to start the game in windowed test mode and attach AGTH to it for text hooking untranslated portions (also included). This cmd file will correctly start game only if OS is in japanese locale though. I use new for translation with Bing and Atlas.

Last edited:

Sarptos

Feb 24, 2018
Here is RyonaRPG updated to latest implemented update (up4577, 2019/11/25) and prepatched with translation patch linked by johanaxel007:

I included both translated and original versions, because, as mentioned above, some events can give error in translated version, and this can be circumvented by copying save to original version and doing that event there.
Though in about 8 hours of gameplay I encountered only one such broken event - human dog remodeling in life science institute, but there possibly can be more.
Other then that the game is perfectly playable in Windows 10 x64 LTSB version 1607 and in Windows 7.

I also made "RPG_RT test.cmd" file to start the game in windowed test mode and attach AGTH to it for text hooking untranslated portions (also included). This cmd file will correctly start game only if OS is in japanese locale though. I use new for translation with Bing and Atlas.
thanks for that hard work for an unknown type of internet, I really appreciate it,

But how can I apply UPxxx updates? just unzip in the game folder? Or do you need a special order?

PD:
sorry for bad English, it's not my first language

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
First, not all updates are needed. You need to read descriptions of the updates (google translate them) to know if they are implemented. For example, up4578-up4584 contain unimplemented pictures and are not needed, so after up4577 next updates are up4585 (which implements new playing character Rin) and up4586. Updates must be added in sequential order one by one, overwriting old files.

Second, do not directly unzip updates in the game folder, because they often have nested folder structure. Better to unzip in separate folder, find game files there, then move them into the game folder, so, for example, .lmu files and Picture folder from update must go to where .lmu files and Picture folder are located in the base game. Make sure you are unzipping under japanese locale, so file names are not in gibberish.

Reactions: H.ERO

Izelith

Oct 20, 2017

I Finally got it to work on windows 10, thank you so much. ^w^
PS: For anyone who has trouble even with this upload, I had to enter RPG_RT.exe's properties, click on the compatibility tab and check "Reduced color mode (8-bit)" "Run in 640 x 480" "Disable fullscreen optimizations" "Run as administrator" and I had to set it to run Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: H.ERO
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes