ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Can't find events folder
doesn't look like it unarchived. this might be due to the dev running a new version of renpy cause the current Unren doesn't know how to do that very well.

I'll double check though in a second.

Edit: Nope this is a user error. You did something wrong. Make sure you run both options 1 & 2.

Last edited:

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
S.H.E.L.T.E.R. [v0.26] [Winterlook] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 1.07 GB
Original MAC Size: 1.05 GB

Compressed PC Size: 133.0 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 116.2 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

Mar 31, 2018
with this new version i having trouble saving my game so maybe with this copy mark may help to fix it the problem.
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\loadsave.py", line 437, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "C:\Users\ellit\Downloads\Shelter-0.25-win_x32\Shelter-0.25-win\renpy\savelocation.py", line 429, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
S.h.e.l.t.e.r. - An Apocalyptic Tale 0.25
Wed Jan 27 23:07:34 2021
```

walls77

Aug 29, 2017
I thought Mia didn't have a pussy in addition to a dick in the earlier scenes (and you were penetrating her anally in those), but now she seems to have an actual pussy behind her balls (and I wish you had a choice in that).

Reactions: Oxiton

Aelth

Jun 17, 2017
For some reason I can't seem to progress with any of the girls in the shelter, except the android. I've gotten to the end of the "main" story and gotten as far as I can (AFAIK) with every other girl.

Melisa's route ended after I got her the guitar, now it just says "for the night out you might also need a good weapon, like a gun" which I obviously already have. The last thing I did with Kira was the whiskey talk, and now it just says her door is locked and I should leave her alone. With Angela I've essentially done nothing, but it's asking me to talk to Tiffany about the anti-rad drug, which you get at almost the beginning of the game.

Edit: Holy shit, it's because I said I wasn't interested in them at the very beginning of the game when talking to the father. JFC, what a waste of time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Oghmios1337
May 21, 2017
How to build the Armory???? " You can now decide who have the right to own weapons in the settlement and upgrade armory. "

Been a few weeks after all the other buildings but still haven't been prompted to build one when entering the office.

clelag

Jun 16, 2018
How to build the Armory???? " You can now decide who have the right to own weapons in the settlement and upgrade armory. "

Been a few weeks after all the other buildings but still haven't been prompted to build one when entering the office.
The armoury get built automaticly after the bandit leader have been to the settlement a second time.

Reactions: Kindly r5 and GaRbS

Darthreign

Mar 22, 2018
Ok here's an incest patch that should work even when the game is updated as long as nothing major changes. I guess I'm now one of those "evil modder" that adds incest to games. :KEK:

There're 2 bugs that I know of in the current version (v0.22) of the game but they have nothing to do with the patch:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Install:
Extract and put the patch in Shelter-0.XX-win\game

DISCLAIMER: This patch is unofficial, I'm not related to anyone working on this game, I'm not even really a coder I just made the patch from what I've learned playing ren'py games and looking at their code and reading some threads on the F95 Programming, Development & Art board. It could probably be better but I tried my best. :p

Known Issue: For some reason at some point the dev stopped using all the different variables for the characters and just used their first name in the scene's code instead so you get the MC calling Angela by her name instead of mom, etc. I'll probably make another version later to fix those scenes but I think I'll wait after next version to see if anything breaks first. :LUL:
Patch is broken

CQPCon

Dec 27, 2017
It's interesting to see that you seem to have 3 options with Lucy:
A) Return her to her original human form (Oscar)
B) Allow her to communicate easily (Angela)
C) Allow limited communication (John)

Obviously, A is going to allow for exclusive scenes with a human Lucy, as well as possibly impregnation, while B and C generally keep the status quo with regards to the gallery. From a story point of view, B could allow Lucy to aid in the fight with the bandits, as we'd be able to communicate with her and she'd be able to control the spiders. I don't know if A would strip her of her powers, or if C would allow for us to use Lucy in the coming fight, but it does seem interesting. I don't plan on making a decision regarding Lucy's form, though, as I'd like to see what Winterlook has in store.

Reactions: GaRbS

cyberdemon100

Feb 16, 2018
the 4th sex scene for mia does anyone know how to get it ? not the one wheres shes on top of you the scene before that.is it a pregnant scene?

CQPCon

Dec 27, 2017
Also, I'm interested in seeing if we'd need the help of Lucy should we choose the more moderate approach of either arming only the sheriffs or people we trust. It could lead to other endings if we fail to recruit Lucy.

CQPCon

Dec 27, 2017
Another thing: it seems that we have 3 choices of armaments to gain when we go to the military base:
  1. An assault rifle with a spare magazine, cigarettes, and whisky (Kira)
  2. Bulletproof vests and smoke grenades (Elin)
  3. A few grenades and a first aid kit. (Tom)
The loot gathered by Kira seems to be the most deadly yet the least plentiful, as there seems to only be one of them, which I assume is for us. I'm guessing that should we face the enemy, it'd be us rushing towards them while the rest lag behind and offer cover for us. I'm also guessing that there might be a lot of loss of life if we're not careful.

The loot gathered by Elin is much more defensive in nature and less lethal. Bulletproof vests can certainly help prevent deaths from the shots of the enemy, and smoke grenades offer cover for us and distraction for them. I'll guess that the battle would be one of us avoiding lethal confrontation and instead infiltrate the ranks of the enemy and possibly capture the Rebel Leader, which could lead to more exclusive scenes with her.

The loot gathered by Tom is meh. A first aid kit is useful, but most likely going to run out after being used for a few wounded people. Grenades are more lethal than the smoke ones, but I'm guessing it ain't going to lead to as many deaths as the assault rifle. I'm guessing it'd be like rushing in but using grenades to wound the enemy.

Personally speaking, I'd prefer the vests and smoke grenades. Not just because they can serve as a defensive buff for a large number of people, but I'd like to not waste lives, in case Winterlook allows us to interact with more than the Rebel leader.

Reactions: GaRbS

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Patch is broken
I've never tested the patch on android and don't know if it works on it, but that specific line of code is also in the unpatched version of the game, and some android players have reported getting an error that pointed to that one too.

Benzoo

Aug 4, 2017
How to delete the gallery? I want to start from the beginning.

I only managed to erase the folder with the saves.

4.20 star(s) 146 Votes