Son Dizzy

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2019
If you don't mind my asking, what happened? Not enough support? Interest? Ground level issues that would take too much time and resources to fix? What?
There are a couple of reasons actually. This was the very first game I ever made and of course, I made some mistakes. The first is that this game is a nightmare under the surface, it has a lot of variables and processes working together that make it very solid when everything works but easily breakable when you wanna add something new.
This game has no script, I wrote it time after time when I updated it which means that if I want to write something new I have to play it all to get in the mood. Also, I honestly thought this game was dead and no one waits for it. It was a real blow to the heart to drop it because I really love every single character I made for it but it requires too much work and time to fix it. Also, I can't even upgrade the window size and I'm stuck with the 640x480 resolution.

Helldriver

Oct 8, 2017
There are a couple of reasons actually. This was the very first game I ever made and of course, I made some mistakes. The first is that this game is a nightmare under the surface, it has a lot of variables and processes working together that make it very solid when everything works but easily breakable when you wanna add something new.
This game has no script, I wrote it time after time when I updated it which means that if I want to write something new I have to play it all to get in the mood. Also, I honestly thought this game was dead and no one waits for it. It was a real blow to the heart to drop it because I really love every single character I made for it but it requires too much work and time to fix it. Also, I can't even upgrade the window size and I'm stuck with the 640x480 resolution.
I really liked this game, the dynamic between the reluctant mom caring for the injured son is a nice thing, when they're too willing to do that stuff with family it's boring and may as well be nameless figures, I keep up with your posts on patreon and saw you did some stuff for this game before you abandoned it, where was that part of the story going?

DDDNOMYASS

Dec 12, 2020

And you consider to migrate the game to another engine like Renpy or something more easy to handle?

Son Dizzy

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2019
I really liked this game, the dynamic between the reluctant mom caring for the injured son is a nice thing, when they're too willing to do that stuff with family it's boring and may as well be nameless figures, I keep up with your posts on patreon and saw you did some stuff for this game before you abandoned it, where was that part of the story going?
Before dropping it I completed Josh's story but it doesn't work in-game (bug, for the reasons I said before)

And you consider to migrate the game to another engine like Renpy or something more easy to handle?
Yes but it requires an enormous quantity of time, which means reworking everything, writing every dialogue in a text file and redoing (not resizing) every image ( there are more then 1000 images in the game)

DDDNOMYASS

Dec 12, 2020
Yes but it requires an enormous quantity of time, which means reworking everything, writing every dialogue in a text file and redoing (not resizing) every image ( there are more then 1000 images in the game)
I guess it's inevitable start from 0 the development of the entire game, the only thing that comes to my mind is to hire another RPGM developer for a short time just to create the base of the game again, there will be an initial investment of money but that can be recovered with the membership of platforms.

I suggest this because you already have a considerable part of the game done (more than 1000 images and a good plot) and it would be a shame to waste that effort

rayrem

Jul 29, 2023
I will think about it but I can't make promises for now
Thank you so much for developing this game, as a newbie to the site your game is one of the first I have played and thoroughly enjoyed it, very teasing, I hope that you will be able to carry on the development but either way thank you.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes