VN Ren'Py Completed Salome's Kiss [v1.0] [ebi-hime]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Tienid

Jul 26, 2021
There seems to be an unused CG that's not shown in the gallery or ever called in the script. Did anyone encounter this CG variant in the game? spoiler
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
While I haven't read this VN yet and I may be missing some context, I do know that for a lot of us, there is no such thing as a happy ending. Perhaps that is the author's angle. That's my guess, anyway.
It might be, I'm not judging them on it or anything. Just, personally, thinking that the beauty of fiction is the chance to end things on a note more positive and optimistic than what life's already throwing at most of us anyway. Might be a me thing but reality is gloom enough, I can't see no appeal whatsoever in immersing oneself in even more misery during free time.

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
While I haven't read this VN yet and I may be missing some context, I do know that for a lot of us, there is no such thing as a happy ending. Perhaps that is the author's angle. That's my guess, anyway.

Now more about the game so I'm not just rambling off topic, art looks gorgeous and we need more historical setting lesbian/gay VNs so I'm glad this exists.

Reactions: hr17 and Orphanus

Dipp3n

Sep 28, 2018
I spent couple of hours playing this game. Something felt off the whole time so i'm glad i checked these posts out and spoiled the ending for myself . I understand every creator has a right to create whatever they want but man that was heavy lol, But the art was beautiful and the writing was good as well. My advise is not to get your hopes up for a happy ending you will be let down.(y)

Oct 2, 2018
well to tell the truth with being an ebi-hime game I was expecting a bitter ending, literally as Avaron said it seems that she doesn't like happy endings, so few of her games have a happy ending and those who have it is because they have several endings.
and well also in the developer's note we have the warning "suffering".

but I didn't expect that at all, that was tough, my consolation after finishing it was that at least the ending was completely lesbian, there were no male surprises or anything (lately I've been wasting my time reading ""lesbian"" fanfics that have crappy endings that include men).

If you can stomach a bitter story, it's still a very good story.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Oh wow.
I'm only reading yuri ones from her, and those are ALL have happy ends.
This was FIRST exception.
If that is true would you care to give a recommendation which of her other games have a wholesome ending? The writing in and of itself & art of this seem to be pretty impressive.

rambool

Jun 8, 2018
which of her other games have a wholesome ending?
Dont know about wholesomness, but as i said every her GxG title has happy ending.
art of this seem to be pretty impressive
And every VN of hers has different art, so dont expect to see RockCr's girls again.

Well, you can try , or , or even and .
But most of them is no-sex-content.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Dont know about wholesomness, but as i said every her GxG title has happy ending.

And every VN of hers has different art, so dont expect to see RockCr's girls again.

Well, you can try , or , or even and .
But most of them is no-sex-content.
Thanks, I don't mind if there's no explicit content, gonna check out those games for sure. Have a nice weekend!

Edit: Turns out I knew the first 2, though I haven't played them yet. I didn't expect the 2nd game to have a happy ending, that's good to know. Just to be sure: good ending means some sort of ending where the 2 protagonists end up together happily, even if 1 is not exactly all there anymore?

Oct 2, 2018
If that is true would you care to give a recommendation which of her other games have a wholesome ending? The writing in and of itself & art of this seem to be pretty impressive.
Well it seems that my memory failed me, because I thought that blackberry honey didn't have a happy ending (I'll have to play it again), and other games like Strawberry vinegar, and asphixia I don't think it did either, but I think it's because they have several endings.

But well it seems that I got confused, maybe because their games are almost always full of drama, but still very good stories.

Oct 2, 2018
lesbian VNs tend to be really dark and sad.
I see you have been looking for lesbian vn. I don't know which ones you have seen but the vast majority of them actually have a happy endings.

in this thread are most of the lesbian games that are here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lesbian-protagonist-games-list-my-version.103237/

some recommendations that come to mind would be Love Bakudan, A Summer's End, Highway Blossoms, and what is for me the best yuri novel Kindred Spirits on the Roof. again all with a happy endings.

Denamic

Aug 7, 2018
It's... incredibly wordy. I'm an avid reader and like to wake up to read a few hours on weekends, but even I can only stomach so many descriptions of swamps and how they smell. And everything seems to be overly dramatic. Like the light of the greenery from outdoors makes everything look greenish and makes the protagonist so nauseous that she might throw up, or being reminded about a name makes her so anxious she might fucking drop dead right there. Mild hyperbole, of course, but using so many extremes for what really should be mundane interactions just end up being tiresome. With such exceptional art, I really want to like it, but I'm just too bored to finish it.

Reactions: Justiice

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Haha, man, dont bother all of this, just read. I can assure you, there wont be anything like SK here :LOL:
I know that it's a bit odd but I actually do bother, cause I have some really bad experiences with what some people consider to be a "happy ending", which is why I am overly cautious, my apologies. I will at least give those 2 a try, I feel as if you wouldn't recommend them if the happy ending was "everyone ded" or something like that.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I see you have been looking for lesbian vn. I don't know which ones you have seen but the vast majority of them actually have a happy endings.

in this thread are most of the lesbian games that are here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lesbian-protagonist-games-list-my-version.103237/

some recommendations that come to mind would be Love Bakudan, A Summer's End, Highway Blossoms, and what is for me the best yuri novel Kindred Spirits on the Roof. again all with a happy endings.
Thank you, I indeed know about all of those, I haven't read A Summer's End yet cause I kinda want to preserve that for the right occasion, since I at least saw enough of it to tell that it is a masterpiece in it's genre. Love Bakudan I started (did 1 route) and kinda liked it, but I think I didn't like the specific route as much so I should most likely try out the others as well. Highway Blossoms is really lovely, I couldn't agree more.
Kindred Spirits on the Roof is not my thing, sadly, despite being one of the highest quality yuri VNs. I find the whole premise and goal of the game incredibly sad and depressing. That's part of the reason why I'm so shy about trying out Rituals in the Dark & I expected Blackberry Honey to be quite miserable overall as well (going by the description) so, yeah. I am a terrible customer. :censored:

Thank you for your reply & the link to the thread with all those games!

Edit: Also, reading your familiar complaint about crappy endings that force a male romance partner onto the player character (Amber's Magical Shop comes to my mind there as an example, and it's far from being one of the worst probably, it just needlessly limits the options for lesbian romance down to basically 1), I can wholeheartedly recommend "Love is Strange", should you not have already read that. The individual routes aren't the longest but it's one of the most wholesome VNs for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018
Thank you, I indeed know about all of those, I haven't read A Summer's End yet cause I kinda want to preserve that for the right occasion, since I at least saw enough of it to tell that it is a masterpiece in it's genre. Love Bakudan I started (did 1 route) and kinda liked it, but I think I didn't like the specific route as much so I should most likely try out the others as well. Highway Blossoms is really lovely, I couldn't agree more.
Kindred Spirits on the Roof is not my thing, sadly, despite being one of the highest quality yuri VNs. I find the whole premise and goal of the game incredibly sad and depressing. That's part of the reason why I'm so shy about trying out Rituals in the Dark & I expected Blackberry Honey to be quite miserable overall as well (going by the description) so, yeah. I am a terrible customer. :censored:

Thank you for your reply & the link to the thread with all those games!

Edit: Also, reading your familiar complaint about crappy endings that force a male romance partner onto the player character (Amber's Magical Shop comes to my mind there as an example, and it's far from being one of the worst probably, it just needlessly limits the options for lesbian romance down to basically 1), I can wholeheartedly recommend "Love is Strange", should you not have already read that. The individual routes aren't the longest but it's one of the most wholesome VNs for sure.
Well I have to clarify a little bit about kindred spirits, I understand where you're coming from with that, but the premise is actually quite romantic at least for me, a couple of ghosts who still managed to find love and want to help several girls to confess so they don't have the same regrets as them while also looking for ways to fulfill their dream of being together physically.

in the novel at least for me there are never very sad or bad moments, there is a bit of drama, especially towards the end, but in the end everything is worth it, it has a very emotional ending, and it is a happy ending, all couples have their happy ending.
for me it is something that maybe you should give it a chance, not only is it the longest and best quality yuri novel out there, but it also has a very good story, with very good character development.

I have already played love is strange, I still remember that amber game, it was the one that made me never play the winter wolves games again, I see them as very mediocre games that even many of them have grinding, although my complaint was mostly with the fanfics, the AO3 tag system is supposed to allow me to find purely lesbian fics by excluding everything that is not f/f, even so several idiots decide not to comply with the tag rules and create fics taged only with f/f where the main characters are also with men.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Well I have to clarify a little bit about kindred spirits, I understand where you're coming from with that, but the premise is actually quite romantic at least for me, a couple of ghosts who still managed to find love and want to help several girls to confess so they don't have the same regrets as them while also looking for ways to fulfill their dream of being together physically.

in the novel at least for me there are never very sad or bad moments, there is a bit of drama, especially towards the end, but in the end everything is worth it, it has a very emotional ending, and it is a happy ending, all couples have their happy ending.
for me it is something that maybe you should give it a chance, not only is it the longest and best quality yuri novel out there, but it also has a very good story, with very good character development.

I have already played love is strange, I still remember that amber game, it was the one that made me never play the winter wolves games again, I see them as very mediocre games that even many of them have grinding, although my complaint was mostly with the fanfics, the AO3 tag system is supposed to allow me to find purely lesbian fics by excluding everything that is not f/f, even so several idiots decide not to comply with the tag rules and create fics taged only with f/f where the main characters are also with men.
Maybe I should see how I feel about it when reading, the whole match making aspect also is not exactly my cup of tea either though, to be perfectly honest, though it's not necessarily something that would make me unable to enjoy a great story. So...I think the next time I have a free mind & enough time (since you say it is pleasantly lengthy as well) I will give it a go.

Have you read Nurse Love Syndrome & the sequel Nurse Love Addiction? I have heard mixed things about those, some say they are actually sweet when choosing the right things, others say they are really disturbing and dark. Also there's Princess Knights of Tokio, which reportedly has a very sweet ending for the 2 protagonists as well as good quality smut, but also supposedly a very grim story. I haven't touched either yet.

Hearing about the Hermione game I feel as if I've seen that here, but people warned about the thing you describe in either the comments or the ratings, so I stayed away. It's definitely an absolute No-Go and a douchebag move on the authors end, in my personal opinion. Quite sad, cause good HP smut would definitely be quite the thing to play.

Did you play Wands & Witches? I personally can highly recommend it, even though it is a homage to HP as much as a parody in some ways. Really hoping to see the game finished this year, the updates are like 1 a year but they also add quite a bit & seem to have a clear direction, current version is 0.9 (almost done).

Talking about worst experiences I would settle with Monster Sweethearts. I won't spoil anything in regards to the actual content but to unlock other routes the player has to go through the bad as well as the good ending for every unlocked character, with the bad ends almost exclusively being extremely dark and gory (player character death), and the good ends ranging from "kinda sweet" to "still dark and disturbing". What killed the game for me was 1 specific route (good end even) that touched a highly delicate subject in an absolutely insensitive and cheap way, on top of ruining the entire build-up of that route (which was outlined through all other routes up to that part) and any potential to tackle the same topic in a far less blunt, yet more realistic and coherent, fashion.
Combine that with the, imho insane, decision to force players to literally sit through every bit of content to unlock a new route, and there's a major, game ruining, issue.

Edit: In regards to WW games like Amber's... I think it's weird how many of them include these utterly superfluous minigame parts that make up for 80% of the gametime, without ever being something new or even remotely fun. Something seemingly acknowledged by the developer, adding a "VN difficulty/mode" that just completely removes the minigame part. That though makes it really apparent just how little story content there is, and than it's also mediocre at best most of the times.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes