Others Sanctuary in Time [v1.4.6] [Novus Operandi Game Design]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
you get the paradox you go back to save your father from dying, therefore he won't die and you won't go back to save him, ergo he dies because you don't go back therefore you go back so he won't die, so you won't go back to save him and he dies,

so in short
But his duplicate would die back there, it's the same thing for all others followers in order to keep history right according to game rules, isn't it?

Tabberius

Jul 16, 2021
looks interesting, though games of simillar style usually lack the amount of options as for what to do with your 'employees' .

entarotine

Mar 31, 2017
But his duplicate would die back there, it's the same thing for all others followers in order to keep history right according to game rules, isn't it?
I'd just go with, as a (now deceased) God of Time, your father's timeline is immutable, thus his death can never be changed.

EvilPenguin

Apr 6, 2018
I know this is the first release. Game concept looks good and solid. I do not know what you are planning in the future and wanted to share my observations that could improve the experience:

- during sex interaction, you could set it up so the selected option does not reset after every use.

- adding portraits for the girls. I think you could squeeze in a portrait on the char bar.

Reactions: Engelstein

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
While this game certainly got potential, the whole devotion part is REALLY dam annoying when your followers just "suddenly" forget their training and have to do it again to gain their higher education jobs again. Also, WTF, this game is LITERALLY incapable of generating any blonde or red hair women and it only spawns them from france, africe, middle east and china. Also it makes no sense that I need to have a follower have UNQESTIONABLE loyalty just to change their hair style. So I could get a follower to essentially wear nothing but she can't be bothered to grow her hair out for me? WTF lol

Also.....pretty dam lame the game ends as soon the main story is over.....unless you pay lol
Like I get it, but there's no where enough content for me to be willing to throw money down to be a Patreon.

Last edited:

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.5 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. Love is in the air at the citadel, and we've got major changes coming to the game because of it. We've got infatuation, romance, love, and yes, even marriage! And a whole host of new side story events to support them. Plus, bug fixes, balancing updates and more! So, dive in and check it out!

Read full changelog here:

Above all else, have fun!

Max (Novus Operandi)

rick911

Jul 28, 2017
I'm going to venture my old save isn't compatible, since it's saved on the day before "Become a Patreon to continue playing!". Really interesting game, but it's not worth playing with that limitation in place.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Cause time paradox, go back to before you grabbed her and grab her again, cause infinity paradoxes, have infinity clones of favorite waifu. The end.

Edit:

Yes, I had quite a few new patrons come onboard after uploading to F95. (y)
Always good when a dev gets that some of us back games we find out for the first time on here and aren't all looking to jack their stuff. Try before buy and I'll have to give this a serious look.

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
Aurora 4X but only XXX?
That WindowsForms interface bring me back to times when I was young and had instant boners on nearly any female exposure. Thank you.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
why isn't this tagged with prostitution?
and is the prostitution mandatory?
In this game, 'courtesans' is used in something close to its classical sense (though not entirely), for a person trained in the courtly arts of negotiation & diplomacy, though it does also incorporate elements of seduction, etc. However, while these ladies accept gifts & donations from those they aid, they do not actually charge for their services. So while it may be splitting hairs, I don't lump them in with run-of-the-mill prostitutes.
The assignment of 'courtesan' is only one possibility, and it's not mandatory. You can have a settlement made entirely of warriors and workers if you like. Your courtesans (and related assignments) build up your 'Persuasion' stat, while your warriors build up your 'Strength' stat, so you can go all in on Strength if you like.

Reactions: juanito

rick911

Jul 28, 2017
In this game, 'courtesans' is used in something close to its classical sense (though not entirely), for a person trained in the courtly arts of negotiation & diplomacy, though it does also incorporate elements of seduction, etc. However, while these ladies accept gifts & donations from those they aid, they do not actually charge for their services. So while it may be splitting hairs, I don't lump them in with run-of-the-mill prostitutes.
The assignment of 'courtesan' is only one possibility, and it's not mandatory. You can have a settlement made entirely of warriors and workers if you like. Your courtesans (and related assignments) build up your 'Persuasion' stat, while your warriors build up your 'Strength' stat, so you can go all in on Strength if you like.
Can confirm this, as a player. I completed the main story with a large group of warriors, one medic, and 3 caretakers. I did have 2 courtesans, however: you need them to recruit some named NPCs (optional, but I wanted to) to your group. You could always save-scum instead, but
1.) I don't remember any dialogue suggesting the courtesans actually cuck you. Maybe I just missed it, but I only remember diplomacy/non-fucking seduction.
2.) You can recruit a few as just "companions", who you aren't sexually interested in, to be your Courtesans and get your Persuasion stat up? The game allows you a big group of recruits. You can friend-zone 2 or 3 of them. That's what I did. Make sure they're 50+ years old and have saggy boobs, if you need to. Unless you're into that.

Reactions: NovusOperandi
May 17, 2020
1.) I don't remember any dialogue suggesting the courtesans actually cuck you. Maybe I just missed it, but I only remember diplomacy/non-fucking seduction.
Well, there is a bit about 'impressing someone with their oral skills' or something along those lines, but maybe they just found a really big zucchini for that to happen. But yes, most of the time they're out there solving disputes and being eye-candy according to the flavour text.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with the game, although I would like some customization for our dude that is reflected in the scenes and some more options for 'coaching', like being able to help out Matrons and Medics to improve their job, help out with building to have a higher chance of success, assist Eva to spend a pip less energy that week, mechanically nothing much, but a flavour blurt at the end of the week that makes you interact with the Citadel as a whole, rather than relying on individual events.

Reactions: NovusOperandi

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
A few things, first clothing kinda usless with no visuals. You could make clothing more functional though, like workout clothes give increased training, and the higher tiered clothing for upgraded jobs give increased effectiveness at that job n such.

Second I strongly recommend agenst a forced end after main story is finished. For your patreons you should include side patreons only storylines and give them early access to content. This way the base game itself isnt a huge turnoff to non patreons who might eventually be patreons.

Lastly, the lack of any graphics in a game really limits your potential player base. Even portraits or ragdoll graphics of your characters would suffice, acually leaving it to people to upload there own pic for this could in turn be as good if not better for base graphics with the option of player uploaded graphics. (And to clarify when I say uploaded I mean player selects pic file on there pc for it)

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
A few things, first clothing kinda usless with no visuals. You could make clothing more functional though, like workout clothes give increased training, and the higher tiered clothing for upgraded jobs give increased effectiveness at that job n such.

Second I strongly recommend agenst a forced end after main story is finished. For your patreons you should include side patreons only storylines and give them early access to content. This way the base game itself isnt a huge turnoff to non patreons who might eventually be patreons.

Lastly, the lack of any graphics in a game really limits your potential player base. Even portraits or ragdoll graphics of your characters would suffice, acually leaving it to people to upload there own pic for this could in turn be as good if not better for base graphics with the option of player uploaded graphics. (And to clarify when I say uploaded I mean player selects pic file on there pc for it)
Thank you for the feedback, Zellgoddess. (y)

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Disagree about it being useless with no visuals, it still adds flavor. Doesn't offer much (if any) impact to the game though (aside from being a silver sink), definitely agree that clothing would be improved by passive effects, or making the benefits a bit more obvious if they already exist.

Patreon only content is tricky, there are plenty of people who will flat out refuse to support dev's that restrict content like that. Typically the best option seems to be patreons getting access 2 weeks or 1 month ahead of the public, it's a fairly decent mix of giving the patreons a benefit and not annoying those who who would support, but have dealt with enough scummy dev's to be opinionated about reward policies (for clarity, that's NOT intended as a jab at Novus or anything of that sort). Also is probably the best setup to attract free users (a.k.a. perspective patreons) aside from the tip jar style (which most new dev's are skeptical of, and admittedly works better for proven devs).

Paperdolls (ragdoll usually describes physics handling) would probably be the way to go if Novus was interested, given that the player can modify the bodies of it's followers. A tag based system could work as well, but runs the risk of leaving the player with 2 very different pics after a fairly minor change. A lot of people actually are fine with text only, but it wouldn't hurt to have the option to use one of those methods, as long as it doesn't take a massive amount of time to implement.

NovusOperandi
Just warning you, if you have a locked cheat menu like that, you're going to have people messing around with your code and posting mods that re-enable it when the game gets a bit bigger. Even if you fully strip it from the free version, it'll get pulled from a patreon version or an alternate menu will be developed. Your call on how you want to handle that, but figured I'd make sure you were aware that it will almost definitely happen so you can figure out what you want to do.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes