4.10 star(s) 12 Votes
Feb 13, 2019
You mean releases, or translated? Because they've kept their pace of two games a year with a new one coming out later this month.

As for translations, it's quite an undertaking translating games this big, do I doubt we'll ever see another human-made fan tl (hell Sansha Mendan's translator almost bailed halfway through), but there have been some MTLs using GPT 3.5. Shihai no Kyoudan 2 and Kutsujoku 2 have threads here on f95 and I'm pretty sure I've heard people say Kyouiku Shido has a GPT-powered MTL too, but haven't seen it.
I remember playing a bit of the SnK2 translation and it was readable at least, if you can tolerate the usual MTL issues like not knowing when to use male or female pronouns and being overly literal.
I mean new game, not translated. Is Bishop game is difficult to translate?

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
I mean new game, not translated. Is Bishop game is difficult to translate?
Not particularly difficult, the issue is more that they're long. It's a lot of work for a fan translator, especially since a lot of that length comes from sex scenes which are somewhat boring and annoying to translate. It would probably take a group to divide the work and make it more manageable but this kind of nukige just doesn't have the kind of dedicated fan following to organize something like that other more story-driven VN have.
That's why I doubt there will be another fan effort to translate a Bishop game. And it seems there's no interest in bringing them overseas officially, so we're stuck with MTL.

As for new games, like I said a new one is coming out at the end of the month. Kyousei Shihai it's called.
Forgive me for the self-promotion, but I've made on my blog covering it since its announcement, in case you want some English-language information about it.
The most recent game before that was last year's Shinshoku, and its indicates there is a MTL patch for it already (from sugoi, as expected).

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes