demistone

Nov 4, 2018
It's on itch, why not on steam?

View attachment 3543756
It's not that simple. To release a game on Steam, it has to meet certain criteria. I don't know exactly what the criteria are, but I do know that the game has to be specially prepared for this. I guess the developers want to create more content first, and then release the game on Steam (most likely in early access).

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
You probably also wouldn't want to release on steam until you had a pretty solid EA title. Right now the game is missing some systems and you get alot of 'but where sex' questions, and you don't really want that on a steam store page. Bad marketing.

Keep up the good work Henley, game dev is tough :3

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
You probably also wouldn't want to release on steam until you had a pretty solid EA title. Right now the game is missing some systems and you get alot of 'but where sex' questions, and you don't really want that on a steam store page. Bad marketing.

Keep up the good work Henley, game dev is tough :3
It's pretty much this. Reviews will kill products that are not ready. Now that v021 is out we are moving on to content and the first thing is the sex mechanics. Read the blog post if you want details on it though.

Basically though. Sex update > Narrative update v1 > progression and shop/tools update > Side quest update > narrative update v2 > polish update. After all that is in we can look at steam.

Thanks for the kind words though.

Poomis

Sep 10, 2021
so i never understood. is this a game where there is a story to follow? like from A to B and then a H animation after you complete a task. or is it one where you set up your own scenes? I downloaded it in the past but i felt lost on what i was meant to do.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
so i never understood. is this a game where there is a story to follow? like from A to B and then a H animation after you complete a task. or is it one where you set up your own scenes? I downloaded it in the past but i felt lost on what i was meant to do.
There will be a main quest, we have already recorded a lot of dialogue for it with some very big named VO actors. It won't be themepark design, more it will give you areas to explore and photograph as you try to find the missing original exploration team.

The pokedex stuff aka monpedia is the main content we have been building which i consider one of the three gameplay pillars. Those are: Main Quest/Side Quest content, Monpedia Photo Discovery, Enviroment Puzzles and Hidden Content. In v021 there is only the Monpedia pillar. v022 will expand the Monpedia with sex content and add the first Enviroment Puzzle, the main/side quests will come with the narrative patches.

Reactions: Cryonesis

Poomis

Sep 10, 2021
There will be a main quest, we have already recorded a lot of dialogue for it with some very big named VO actors. It won't be themepark design, more it will give you areas to explore and photograph as you try to find the missing original exploration team.

The pokedex stuff aka monpedia is the main content we have been building which i consider one of the three gameplay pillars. Those are: Main Quest/Side Quest content, Monpedia Photo Discovery, Enviroment Puzzles and Hidden Content. In v021 there is only the Monpedia pillar. v022 will expand the Monpedia with sex content and add the first Enviroment Puzzle, the main/side quests will come with the narrative patches.
thank you, I know this game has been in development for a long time. last time i play it was a few years ago i think or around that. out of 100% how complete is the game?

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
thank you, I know this game has been in development for a long time. last time i play it was a few years ago i think or around that. out of 100% how complete is the game?
Well, when we launch on steam we will be 1/5 done with the game and right now we are about half way done with our preparations for launching on steam. So I guess 10% done.

Development isn't really the word I would use to describe the early releases before v018 as they were more attempts to find the game inside the idea. Normally devs won't show that part but we had enough interest in the game that people wanted to show support. So I would say we have been in development in ernest for about a year and a half.

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
question, will you be able to interact with the wildlife yourself, or will it only be photos and the pink ball?
Ya'know, I was about to snark at you, but I realized that the intro to this doesn't actually answer that question.

"Answer the call of the wild with the Sapphire Safari Photography Company! Capture the beauty of real-life Monster Girls in their natural habitats. As an award-winning wildlife photographer, your job is to venture deep into unexplored territories, capture the Monster Girls as they socialize, hunt, sleep, and mate, and hopefully come out in one piece. "

If you read the thread any or used search it would have answered that, but someone just popping in, especially if it's been a long day, I can understand not wanting to do that.

To put it succinctly, the answer to your question is, yes, you can "interact" directly with the wildlife.

Reactions: Henley

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Ya'know, I was about to snark at you, but I realized that the intro to this doesn't actually answer that question.

"Answer the call of the wild with the Sapphire Safari Photography Company! Capture the beauty of real-life Monster Girls in their natural habitats. As an award-winning wildlife photographer, your job is to venture deep into unexplored territories, capture the Monster Girls as they socialize, hunt, sleep, and mate, and hopefully come out in one piece. "

If you read the thread any or used search it would have answered that, but someone just popping in, especially if it's been a long day, I can understand not wanting to do that.

To put it succinctly, the answer to your question is, yes, you can "interact" directly with the wildlife.
Good answer. You cannot do it in the current public build. But since v022 is being built right now you'll be able to do it soon. Check the official news posts for more details.

Reactions: DocRipper
1.50 star(s) 13 Votes