Others Saria Reclaimed Remake [v0.16.1.0] [UnfetterSangria]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

wolf67

Jan 27, 2019
Maybe it common and I never notice but I am surprise a lot of fans don't try to remake and continue abandoned games more often kinda like this game doing sorta.

semicolon;

Formerly 'tolenque'
May 11, 2020
Best wishes to this project. It used to be a promising game hope you keep the original esence of the game before the creator went nuts.

Reactions: bear333

Krolarnin

Sep 25, 2017
Take the gameplay, use AI image if needed, make a new protagonist, change the lore of the world and you got yourself much, much less troubles.
As right now, i can only qualify this of blatant thief (yes i know in what kind of site i am...).
Even if i liked this version more, by taking the entire game without changing anything, you just gave the OC all possible cards (get it?) to take you down.
Still best of luck cuz i still want this version back.
This is good advice... ASSUMING he was wanting/trying to make money off of it. However there is no indication of this. Sure if he was trying to get on a crowdfunding site or sell the game this might be a problem, but he's not. It might get removed on Itch but it'll never get taken down here.

This is essentially the same thing as a Romhack or an overhaul mod (which people do all the time elsewhere). Not everyone is out to make money. You might as well go tell all the people who make pokemon/mario/etc romhacks the same thing (Don't cause you'll be laughed out of the forum). Everything points to this just being a passion project he wants to work on while going to school. If all he wants to do is make this and share it with people, he can do that here. So why invent problems that don't exist?

"Blatant Theft" seems really harsh. Yeah its theft and its obvious... but if he's not trying to make money off of it and the original is no longer available, it basically falls under "fair use" laws. This is blatant theft like memes and fanfiction is blatant theft.

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
so what the idea of this? you will try to continue the game? glad you are fixing the game, this game had so much potential... so after fixing the game, what you will do?
What do you mean "had so much potential"??? Isn't the original game just Onhold? What is going on?

Shagrath

Nov 10, 2017
Bugs;
1. When fighting the beekeepers and the bees arrive - they only do stamina damage. When you are knocked down you recover 4 stamina a turn, bees do between 1-3 dmg. This is effectivly a soft lock and you can never get up again.
2. When a enemy dies via bleeding during their turn, their sprite remains in the battle.
3. Stacked Daze on the player makes the game unplayable - their needs to be a limit so at most you only do half damage.

QoL requests:
1. The buttons at the top (run, wait, auto battle(?)) need to be a bit more visible and have tooltips.
2. I find myself selecting cards multiple times trying to play them and it won't (because it's still during a cut-in or some other reason) - suggest having the card you selected stayed raised above the others untill clicked again and it cues your action, so as soon as it's your turn your pre-selected card plays. Alternativly make it more obvious when it's your turn again.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
How do I leave the first area? I have beaten all Rough dudes but can't seem to proceed. Also, how do I repair clothes?

halcyonpurge

Feb 7, 2019
Are you against using AI to add content to this godot version then?
I don't want to speak for anyone, but I would personally rather not see any frontline content that was taken straight from an image generator like MidJourney, DALL-E, or Stability's models. Sure, you could use it to create smaller, less noticeable assets and get away with it, and AI in general is competent enough to create backgrounds and some texture work that isn't too garish and in-your-face, but the problem lies in that it allows developers to be lazy and just copy images straight from their output folder into the assets folder of their engine. It's the lack of discipline that gives the AI generated label a bad name.

If someone were to use the generated content as a reference for a specific concept that they can't find real images to draw from, and make adjustments by drawing over top of it, I think it would stand a better chance at passing as handmade and having a consistent art style. As far as character renders are concerned, Velminth's quality of artwork was all over the place, and I think that can be avoided by letting an AI model take care of the simpler things, like general body shape, so the developer/artist can fine tine the things that the AI gets wrong, like style, extremities, facial features, things like that. That way, casual users might not even be able to tell what's handmade and what's AI-assisted, as the finished product would have enough attention to detail that even people who are keeping a close eye out for all the hallmarks of the typical machine-produced slop wouldn't be certain.

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
I don't want to speak for anyone, but I would personally rather not see any frontline content that was taken straight from an image generator like MidJourney, DALL-E, or Stability's models. Sure, you could use it to create smaller, less noticeable assets and get away with it, and AI in general is competent enough to create backgrounds and some texture work that isn't too garish and in-your-face, but the problem lies in that it allows developers to be lazy and just copy images straight from their output folder into the assets folder of their engine. It's the lack of discipline that gives the AI generated label a bad name.

If someone were to use the generated content as a reference for a specific concept that they can't find real images to draw from, and make adjustments by drawing over top of it, I think it would stand a better chance at passing as handmade and having a consistent art style. As far as character renders are concerned, Velminth's quality of artwork was all over the place, and I think that can be avoided by letting an AI model take care of the simpler things, like general body shape, so the developer/artist can fine tine the things that the AI gets wrong, like style, extremities, facial features, things like that. That way, casual users might not even be able to tell what's handmade and what's AI-assisted, as the finished product would have enough attention to detail that even people who are keeping a close eye out for all the hallmarks of the typical machine-produced slop wouldn't be certain.
I was more curious if the developer was saying they didn't want to use AI for moral / ethical reasons - or if they were open to it if the output was good enough.

Tigershark14

Dec 15, 2021
I commented on the last one, I'll comment on this one too, I really appreciate how much love saria still gets. I really love this game, and I was so sad to see it get put on hold. I loved it when I played it, I loved it with the cards, hell, I even liked it as a vn (although, I think saria is the only rpgmaker vn I know of, because that engine/genre combo is wild.) This is a very nice start. Sure, there's not much there yet, but I think it has some real potential. Some thoughts/suggestions going forward, take these as you will:
I believe the first thing you need to work on is adding the corruption/sensitivity milestones back in. It looks like currently saria doesn't lose wp on orgasming, which allows you to just get a whole ton of the cut ins. Not bad, but getting a lot of the higher end ones is very difficult and basically only possible with the 4 enemy encounter right now. You get that working, add in the other sex actions (I think only mouth is available right now?) and you have all the horny you'll need for a while, letting you focus on story/gameplay. Also, in saria there was an option for the cut-ins to automatically go forward, that would be nice.
There was a bug in saria reclaimed where, if you checked your tenets menu, you reset your pleasure and willpower back to default. I think it was a quirk of the engine, because even the modded version had it. Maybe you could include something like that, at least for the time being, on the cheat menu? I also, personally, would like an option that limits how undressed saria can get, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who thinks saria's torn clothes art is hotter than her nude art. But, that's just personal taste, and I think I'm the only one who thinks this, so that's that.
Other than the lewd, I think combat needs fine tuning the most. If you don't want to get lewded, you just need to fill your deck with the strongest cards available. If you want lewd, you just pass. I say keep the cards (the art on them is really nice, and I think they fit the combat system just fine) but get it closer to 1.5 saria.
If you get the masseuse minigame working right this will be my favorite version of saria reclaimed ever. If you add content to it on top of that, you'll really impress me. Obviously don't bother with this for a while, but I figured I'd say my peace.
And finally, the copyright issue. There have been so many people weighing in on this, so I'll be brief. I want saria to continue, especially as an rpg like this. I would be ecstatic if velminth decided to continue this. I would love it if he gave this project his blessing and/or made art for it. But, if those things don't happen, I think getting another artist to make similar art would be the right call. There are plenty of artists out the that draw good, muscular tomboys, and they can make art similar enough to velminth's to not be jarring. Whenever Velminth decides to weigh in on this (people have been messaging him about this, but it's been total radio silence for over a month now, so who knows what he's doing) a lot of things will be answered, but, for now, keep on keeping on.
TLDR: Good job, focus on lewds and gameplay, when new art is needed, hire an artist.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I have a couple of notes about this project as a whole, personally.

- Whoever is complaining about a lack of permission or 'theft' should really just go fuck themselves, as long as this is on a piracy website and the dev isn't shilling a patreon or trying to make money here on f95 then I don't give a fuck where he got the assets from, if the game runs well and is entertaining that's all I care about. If he adds to the game and improves upon it, I might even support him. Seriously, you're going to bitch about the ethics of piracy on a piracy website?

- While I appreciate the fact that this port will make the game run better and generally fix a lot of the bugs that hindered the original, I genuinely don't see the point of investing that much time into it without a good idea of how to follow-up once you finish adding in all the content from the previous dev. Let's say you made it to V0.15.2 content...Now what? Going to take some six-fingered garbage from a browser-based AI generator, slap it on the game and then call it content? Going to hire an artist to mimic the original style? I can't care about this project unless I know it has some future besides just porting over old CGs.

Reactions: fraazx

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
- Whoever is complaining about a lack of permission or 'theft' should really just go fuck themselves, as long as this is on a piracy website and the dev isn't shilling a patreon or trying to make money here on f95 then I don't give a fuck where he got the assets from, if the game runs well and is entertaining that's all I care about. If he adds to the game and improves upon it, I might even support him. Seriously, you're going to bitch about the ethics of piracy on a piracy website?

I get the complaint you're making but look at the bigger picture, the games here may not be noticeable to majority of the internet, but when we're now talking about art or certain IPs from small but unhinged artists and the like, someone with a loud enough mouth could potentially destroy this site if they report it enough, especially when we're talking about the most unhinged people.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote