VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Amerika

Aug 13, 2017
Honestly, and all memes aside. I am really concerned about the author's mental state if this happened. This was a severe form of destruction, vision change, and pathway this game has taken. The community responses show there was definitely some underlying issues

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
I feel like people are just afraid of change. It's important to keep a level head and understand that a new vision could actually be better. Take the Twisted World remake. It's actually pretty good but people judge it prematurely. The prologue that's out is amazing, fantastic even. I can't wait to see more of Twisted World and the new direction it's going. So I'm not going to judge this new vision of Saria based on it's old design. I'll judge it for it's own merits like you are supposed to.

>"Would you like to suck of this cactus?"

This... This can't be real. This has got to be the biggest troll attempt ever concocted.
And another person assuming things has come. A lot of us kept a level head and judged the game based on what we've seen and played, aka the game is shit to play and not fun at all. The dev was the one that became a baby throwing tantrum and took his frustrations out on his supporters. I don't even know Twisted World, something you clearly assume everybody knows by not including a brief description.

Also, you really didn't read previous posts before making this one, eh? I suggest go reading them before coming back here.

Oh and if you really think suck a cactus is the biggest troll attempt ever concocted... It's really telling of yourself

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like people are just afraid of change. It's important to keep a level head and understand that a new vision could actually be better. Take the Twisted World remake. It's actually pretty good but people judge it prematurely. The prologue that's out is amazing, fantastic even. I can't wait to see more of Twisted World and the new direction it's going. So I'm not going to judge this new vision of Saria based on it's old design. I'll judge it for it's own merits like you are supposed to.

>"Would you like to suck of this cactus?"

This... This can't be real. This has got to be the biggest troll attempt ever concocted.
I would say they're making fair points. When RPG Saria is compared to other RPGs/side scrollers, it's competitive. I wouldn't say it breaks top ten in that regard (due to lack of content), but it had the potential to one day do so. Furthermore, the visuals were definitely unique in the space it was competing in.

However, when you compare it to other VNs, it doesn't even break top one-hundred. Not in content, not in quality. The only aspect that VN Saria competes effectively in is visuals. The VN space is absolutely congested with top-tier novels games. And if you start to include JPN VNs one only plays for the story, VN Saria further falls into obscurity.

Finally, complete reworks of any project, in any industry, are a massive red flag indicative of serious issues (fatigue, funding, lack of direction, etc.). The final product in these cases, should they even get to that point, tend to be sup-par. Yes, there are exceptions, but they are exactly that--- exceptions.

dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
anyone with the 0.17 version to share?. As the game is dead I hope the developers wouldn't complaint if is posted here.

maybemaybe112

Mar 20, 2022
What is his past history?
There is no past history, he made a game before saria that was abandoned on version 0.1 because his coder boi ghosted him and took his money.

So he then made saria as a solo dev, which didn't turn out well because of the work load, as we see here.

dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
Anyone knows how to recover or starts with more than 10 willpower?, in the old version there where skills to do that.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Anyone knows how to recover or starts with more than 10 willpower?, in the old version there where skills to do that.
If you're speaking of 1.6 and 1.7: willpower is now a countdown mechanic before being given a loss, in order to prevent stalling combat. You can increase the maximum by losing to specific boss and then equipping a "fetish" that increases it by 2 points.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes