VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Didn't defended him here but yeah, all I can say now is I feel cheated, disappointed, cucked and feel an urge to vent a bit. I genuinely believed that his attitude towards community is because, despite some setbacks, he has very clear vision of this game he will follow. And because of this he will be able to deliver the game in the end.
He had a vision alright, but gouged one eye out, drank himself into a stupor and blamed the dog for gouging his eye out.

moonlightking

Oct 1, 2017
Didn't defended him here but yeah, all I can say now is I feel cheated, disappointed, cucked and feel an urge to vent a bit. I genuinely believed that his attitude towards community is because, despite some setbacks, he has very clear vision of this game he will follow. And because of this he will be able to deliver the game in the end.
May i ask where do you see a "clear visión" on a Game that has changed completely on 3 occassions on just 1 year?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I would say the game had clear vision and ambition early on.

Obviously this fell apart later on as the Dev's whims began to tug them in different directions and the scale and scope of their initial idea became too daunting for them to live up to, resulting in the steady descent into the situation we have all ended up with.

Its easy to have clear vision and great ambitions and amazing potential early on. It is far harder to maintain that and live up to it and the game sadly couldn't.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I would say the game had clear vision and ambition early on.

Obviously this fell apart later on as the Dev's whims began to tug them in different directions and the scale and scope of their initial idea became too daunting for them to live up to, resulting in the steady descent into the situation we have all ended up with.

Its easy to have clear vision and great ambitions and amazing potential early on. It is far harder to maintain that and live up to it and the game sadly couldn't.
The dev mostly had ambition and no clear vision, some type of vision, but definately not clear vision or he wouldn't have ended up in this high seas shitstorm.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
The dev mostly had ambition and no clear vision, some type of vision, but definately not clear vision or he wouldn't have ended up in this high seas shitstorm.
Obviously, this is personal interpretation either way, but I do think the Dev had fairly clear vision of what they wanted the game to be initially, the early versions made it pretty clear it was meant to be another take on the concept Karryn's Prison put down but obviously appealing to the kind of people drawn in by Saria instead, and to be fair, fit girls are hot.

I think the vision was there, initially, but a clear initial vision doesn't weather the tides of time well and was initially compromised to flirt with introducing card mechanics and then later abandoned entirely with the VN rework, which given it represents a complete and total retreat from the complexity and scale of the initial concept suggests to me that the Dev finally realised how in over their head they were trying to make a game like this.

L4r90

Jul 5, 2017
Unfortunately, their updates seem a bit sporadic. I remember it being over a year since an update drop and so far they seem to have dropped their last two updates back to back in the last couple of months. So unsure if they will still do monthly updates or if their content ends up randomly delivered.
speaking of which, I've just checked their itch.io page and a new update just dropped there ;)

Madlaxy

Jan 2, 2019
0.16 game mechanics is nice and promising but there is almost zero content, it is not worth supporting at the moment

Nildzre

Mar 30, 2018
Can't say i'm supprised, the moment i read the patchnotes for the VN 'update' i saw the pain in that smiley face at the end, and knew game's soon to be abandoned put on hold.

Reactions: zay40n0k and fraazx

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
0.16 game mechanics is nice and promising but there is almost zero content, it is not worth supporting at the moment
Well that and also the game is not being developed and is in state between abandoned and on-hold (really just a soft way to say abandoned, even the image pack for the series been publicly dumped.)
He's making a new game, but until we know more about it I'd be extra-careful about showing any support.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Well that and also the game is not being developed and is in state between abandoned and on-hold (really just a soft way to say abandoned, even the image pack for the series been publicly dumped.)
He's making a new game, but until we know more about it I'd be extra-careful about showing any support.
Honestly considering the guy already abandoned two games i wouldn't even dare to consider supporting him for a new game.
Vel should just stick to drawing well toned tomboys and leave game development to more capable people.

Last edited:

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Honestly considering the guy already abandoned two games i wouldn't even dare to consider supporting him for a new game.
Vel should just stick to drawing well toned tomboys and leave game development to more capable people.
His ego, despite getting curb stomped to hell and back, won't let him give up so easily on trying to milk people. Too bad that same ego didn't keep him from dropping his rework dumpster fire.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
I never complain about any game on here but 0.17 is actual shit. If a enemy gets a turn before you expect to get 1 shot they do over 10 damage sometimes and you only have 10 health. You have to get LUCKY in order to progress
I think one of the corruptions you can equip raises your max HP by 2 points, but yeah it's pretty awful.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes