VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I mean, is this really a surprise? Dev pivoted direction of the game twice, once moderately, then a really major one. And given the reaction both times it is hardly a surprise that they just packed it in and gave up. They started out with a stupidly ambitious idea in terms of the amount of work it would take and people really liked the idea, but the blunt reality is that most really ambitious projects don't pan out and there was no way they could pull out of the initial concept with how popular that idea is without backlash, which is exactly what happened.

Its a dogs death for an otherwise promising game, but there is plenty of corpses of potentially promising games littering this site, so at least it is in good company.

We should definitely keep this failure in mind should the dev come forward with any similarly ambitious projects in the future before considering getting emotionally invested in them though.

Oct 28, 2021
Lmao what happened to all that talk about not abandoning the game? I was gonna see where this went before leaving entirely I guess Vel made the decision for all of us can't say I blame him after the shit show Saria became dev work is hard and Vel was too ambitious and flew too close to the sun then tried to backpedal when it became too much but it was already too late the base was there and expectations were high of course you're gonna get backlash honestly the smarter thing would have been to abandon the lofty goal of monthly updates and shoot for a longer period between updates instead of just flipping the game plenty of games don't get monthly updates and still get support also the schizo dev practices didn't help when you have an idea rumminate on it for a while does it really need added? maybe make a poll for the fans to see if they even want it if not just throw that shit on the back burner save it for later development or the next game I honestly don't see him ever picking Saria back up sad after what it was and what it could have been.

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
I also have the idea that Velminth needs a partner or two, someone should be there to accommodate his ideas and make things clear, Velminth is the top tier if it comes to drawing beautiful women with perfect muscles, he had the goose that lays the eggs of gold in this game, but he made the worst possible decisions in terms of development, in addition to not responding well to criticism, although many criticisms were with respect and good intentions (not all of them), in an ideal world he would create his next game focusing in drawing and leaving the management of the project to another person. He has the talent and the ability, he showed it in the first year of development, he just needs a guide.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Honestly, i can respect pulling the emergency break on that one and admitting to some of the mistakes made. Better to call it quits here for now, if he isn't feeling it.

Velminth is clearly talented when it comes to Art. Personally, i can't be bothered playing Saria further as long as it remains being a Visual Novel (not gonna bother with 0.17).

Nevertheless, i wish Velminth all the best and i hope he is in a better state of mind, than he was in back when he just outright acted like a toddler towards people voicing their opinions about 0.16.

maybemaybe112

Mar 20, 2022
Like bruh you just had to keep the original turn based system, flesh out the skill trees and keep adding locations and art all the while fixing the bugs on the way

I literally can't believe that the guy had a gold mine of a game on his hands and decided to throw everything in the trash to make a bland visual novel as if there aren't hundreds of them already
he did say that the reason for that change was that pixel art & background took too much time, like a lot more than story and CGs, and he wanted to draw more characters. vel doesn't really care about here tho, so he never bothered to go hentaiwriter here, writing walls of text explaining things.

zcbmmbcz

Nov 6, 2017
Welp, after not following this game for a few months (stopped right after the card combat system came out) only to come back and find it completely reworked into a VN of all things, and this potentially going on hiatus... shame.

Hope this game pulls a Female Agent. At least that game pulled itself together after going through multiple reworks, but then again FA had a whole team behind it, not a single person.

Still, what a shame. Was really looking forward to how this game could've gone. Amazing art...

Jul 17, 2020
I love how the dev is essentially saying "i'm putting the game on hold because the game became too complex and ambitious to make"
Like bruh you just had to keep the original turn based system,flesh out the skill trees and keep adding locations and art all the while fixing the bugs on the way
As I have said before there are many games with turn based combat that manage to be dynamic,challenging and fun to play
I always felt that the cards system was just a pointless change
I literally can't believe that the guy had a gold mine of a game on his hands and decided to throw everything in the trash to make a bland visual novel as if there aren't hundreds of them already
Guess the game is almost dead at this point
couldn't agree more bruh... if dev stay with the old play style and focus on adding more chapter than changing it to vn...hell this game thriving asf

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
all he have to do its stick with v2 combat system or just create fighting game. To bad Ver don't listened and just ruin his game...

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
Most likely something along the lines of "It's because you haters dogpiled on the poor dev and made him upset. If only you stopped being so entitled, you dirty pirates who don't even think about supporting the dev with money, then the game would be finished".
Didn't defended him here but yeah, all I can say now is I feel cheated, disappointed, cucked and feel an urge to vent a bit. I genuinely believed that his attitude towards community is because, despite some setbacks, he has very clear vision of this game he will follow. And because of this he will be able to deliver the game in the end.

Reactions: GokutheG
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes