VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Because there's not much else to talk about. There was an update that was suppose to be this month, but looks like its delayed abit due to the workload.
The mice wept, pricked themselves, but couldn't stop eating the cactus.

Oct 12, 2018
The mice wept, pricked themselves, but couldn't stop eating the cactus.
That's very cute. A better analogy would be having your roommate shit in your favorite bathroom and you not being able to find the shit. The roommate could clean the shit, but he won't because he likes smelling his own shit. You can use the other bathroom, but your favorite bathroom is forever sullied.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
View attachment 3312225
update just dropped It is on Itch io , and a dev note for those who care
I love how the dev is essentially saying "i'm putting the game on hold because the game became too complex and ambitious to make"
Like bruh you just had to keep the original turn based system,flesh out the skill trees and keep adding locations and art all the while fixing the bugs on the way
As I have said before there are many games with turn based combat that manage to be dynamic,challenging and fun to play
I always felt that the cards system was just a pointless change
I literally can't believe that the guy had a gold mine of a game on his hands and decided to throw everything in the trash to make a bland visual novel as if there aren't hundreds of them already
Guess the game is almost dead at this point

Nichizo

May 23, 2023
I love how the dev is essentially saying "i'm putting the game on hold because the game became too complex and ambitious to make"
Like bruh you just had to keep the original turn based system,flesh out the skill trees and keep adding locations and art all the while fixing the bugs on the way
As I have said before there are many games with turn based combat that manage to be dynamic,challenging and fun to play
I always felt that the cards system was just a pointless change
I literally can't believe that the guy had a gold mine of a game on his hands and decided to throw everything in the trash to make a bland visual novel as if there aren't hundreds of them already
Guess the game is almost dead at this point
I have my own opinions, and pretty much all the context for he's reasoning also some experience with the guy myself , I'll save that for a later post maybe maybe not idk, but I think this is a learning cooking experience for him, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's enterally an issue skill on his part , anyways i doubt he reads this thread because he would get insta cancer from the ionizing radiation if he did but yeah its GG basically a new game this is update 0.2 pretty much

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dragonsix6969

Ere6us

Mar 17, 2022
To be fair, I get not wanting to make the next KP clone. Of course, he was perhaps a bit too focused on steering away from that and not enough on making a good game. The card system could have worked. The VN angle could have worked. But only if they weren't frantic attempts to escape the KP formula. Burnout from working on the same thing for 2 years certainly didn't help, I imagine.

I'll admit to falling in the trap of expecting KP 2.0 out of this, and being disappointed that it's not what we're getting but, eh. In the end, no skin off my back.

Reactions: Prinplup

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
I have my own opinions, and pretty much all the context also some experience with the guy myself , I'll save that for a later post maybe maybe not idk, but I think this is a learning cooking experience for him, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's enterally an issue skill on his part , anyways i doubt he reads this thread because he would get insta cancer from the ionizing radiation if he did but yeah its GG basically a new game this is update 0.2 pretty much
Learning experience or not this is not the first game he makes and the first one he was making was a vn and he abandoned it so imo this is repeating your own mistakes.
Couldn't care less if he reads this thread and honestly even if he did he has his head so far stuck up on his own ass that he might as well start talking with his butthole so any criticism directed to him is pointless anyway
On top of that the game shared only the battlefuck with karryn's prison the setting and the story were enough to be its own thing
Still it's a game if the dev wants to sabotage himself he's free to do so
Not gonna lose my sleep at night just because saria reclaimed is now a shadow of his former self

Last edited:

Nichizo

May 23, 2023
Learning experience or not this is not the first game he makes and the first one he was making was a vn and he abandoned it so imo this is repeating your own mistakes.
Couldn't care less if he reads this thread and honestly even if he did he has his head so far stuck up on his own ass that he might as well start talking with his butthole so any criticism directed to him is pointless anyway
On top of that the game shared only the battlefuck with karryn's prison the setting and the story were enough to be its own thing
Still it's a game if the dev wants to sabotage himself he's free to do so
Not gonna lose my sleep at night just because saria reclaimed is now a shadow of his former self
very much true it all comes down to his neurotic behavior and his ego he could have just found another way to get over his disgust of drawing bald man pngs but wanted to do a remake ( make something unique and be its own thing ) but the game WAS unique lol there is no other kp/metroidvania/lisa/card game XD so in just going to repeat myself its a skill issue

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I'm not all too surprised by the abandoning of this game, it felt like it was only a matter of time before this project was abandoned in favour of a new 'vision' ever since the first remake of the combat system.

Still feels pretty bad to see it happen cause I really thought this was going to be a knockout Eroge at one point, but that's never going to happen now.

Hopefully his new project is good enough to make up for this shitshow.

Small edit after playing the new update:

I'm almost glad he's abandoning this game merely due to the fact that he's doubling down on the RNG-based combat design with the enemy turns being completely random, the new encounters are more of the same where if the enemy gets a strong attack on the 3rd turn, there's a chance they'll have the 1st turn next round for an equally-strong attack, something you quite literally have no counterplay against.

Last edited:
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes