VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
If anyone is looking for battlefuck type of games of various tastes, there is also this excellent list. Which is still being updated

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-ultimate-battle-fuck-sex-fight-collection-english-translated.133539/
Bitch Exorcist Rio being listed when that game literally has zero battles, let alone battle fuck, makes the list very suspect. There's a few entries here that look like the person who put the list together's definition of battle fuck is "if you lose a battle (story included, since Rio has no actual fights), and get fucked, that counts" when that's absolutely not what the definition is.

EDIT: Hell, they even list Futa protags under the "female" tag.

Ezengrane

Apr 8, 2018
Bitch Exorcist Rio being listed when that game literally has zero battles, let alone battle fuck, makes the list very suspect.
The list is correct, they just link the thread which has all Rio games, but only one of them has combat and battle-fuck (which is bad tho).

Sneaky OwO

Aug 13, 2019
:ROFLMAO: This thread is getting better and better every day! I guess, just for the giggles, Saria Reclaimed is not totally useless
Both the people who enjoy the game, and also those who don't, are entertained. That's incredible!
Yeah agree, it's far more fascinating watching these coomer fighting each other

May 25, 2017
Holy shit getting caught up since 0.12 on all of the updates has been a nightmare made manifest. Like everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Trading out a rather interesting combat system for a deck builder THEN obliterating all of the maps for a virtual novel? There's feature creep, then there's whatever the hell this shit is.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
I don't even think the new format is even bad, but I'm always going to prefer a more freeform, sandbox experience. In that vein I also very much liked the stat based quantification of various sexual things.

Last edited:
Reactions: GokutheG

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I don't even think the new format is even bad, but I'm always going to prefer a more freeform, sandbox experience.
The dev really should have held the remake update because right now it feels more like a proof on concept demo. Obviously the change would be devise but if the remake had better ui,map and more chapters then I could see it being better received.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
The dev really should have held the remake update because right now it feels more like a proof on concept demo. Obviously the change would be devise but if the remake had better ui,map and more chapters then I could see it being better received.
I think it's better they released it early because my problem with it is not the quality, but the fundamental concept and direction. I know it's the dev's project and they can do what they want, but my immediate selfish advice would be to scrap the new direction and pivot to a sandbox approach because that's where you can get the best dev time to play time ratio (and it's just more fun).

It sounds dumb, but as a developer one of your main concerns should be stretching out your content as much as possible without it becoming stale for the player. The current vn format is an extremely poor fit for this model. It might not seem so at first because it's reusing artwork that was already created, but so far it's averages one full splash art for only a minute or two of playtime. Once they've run out of pre-created artwork, development is going to slow down drastically if they continue to pursue this format, only able to extend game length by a minute or two for each artwork that probably took hours.

Unless they're some art god whose able to pump those out faster than they can code, I'd recommend choosing a different approach. Creating a sandbox environment where events can be repeated with variation or combat H could extend the playtime ratio per art piece drastically while arguably being more fun. I know scrapping something you just put a lot of effort into sucks, but that's my honest advice (not that the dev seems particularly averse to the practice).

Edit: I understand the dev's incentives might be different if they consider themselves an artist first and foremost and find that more comfortable, but it's just my two cents.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Why are 1 star reviews being deleted? Isn't it considered manipulation / tampering? Genuine question.
I cannot say for sure, but if I were to hazard a guess, the site does have rules and guidelines to govern reviews, it is likely that the removed ones were ones people hastily threw up to review bomb the game, so didn't actually bother making sure they adhered to site rules before posting them, which would mean they would only have to be reported to be taken down.

So if that guess is correct, it would not be manipulation or tampering.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Replace 'aggressive' with 'throwing a bitch fit because people are rightly pissed at them for fucking up shit up' and you're golden.
While I disagree with the direction they've taken the game, you know full well that people aren't exactly civil online. Hard to blame the author for reacting the way they did when they probably just received a tidal wave of screeching.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
While I disagree with the direction they've taken the game, you know full well that people aren't exactly civil online. Hard to blame the author for reacting the way they did when they probably just received a tidal wave of screeching.
What part of 'rightly pissed' did you miss? Some people are civil, others aren't, its not exactly rocket science. What difference does it make if the end result is the same? People expected one product, it had moved decently along with content, author guts all gameplay/genre to make something else altogether because they dug a hole for themselves in the mechanics department.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Not hard at all to blame them when they pulled a bait and switch. The least they could do is be civil but nooooooo, just throw a bitch whine and call it a day.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes