VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Small edit after playing the new update:

I'm almost glad he's abandoning this game merely due to the fact that he's doubling down on the RNG-based combat design with the enemy turns being completely random, the new encounters are more of the same where if the enemy gets a strong attack on the 3rd turn, there's a chance they'll have the 1st turn next round for an equally-strong attack, something you quite literally have no counterplay against.
What the fuuuucccckkkkk? Seriously? He legit thought that this. This. Is fun to play with? This cancer of a play style? Bruh

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
I mean even that one is pretty mid and grinding the lewd stuff is a chore but im willing to overlook this since it's still pretty much a demo.
Let's be honest no one will be able to make a battlefuck game like karryn prison
That one is simply one of those games were everything fell into place perfectly and set the bar so high that probably no one will ever come close to it let alone surpass it

ghxstb3yond

Aug 29, 2021
What a shitshow. What started as possibly one of the best games on here goes up in flames all bc the dev added cards to it. Rip Saria 2021-2023.

Elveskudd

Dec 18, 2021
Wow. Vel actually impressed me. Here I thought hes gonna milk this game by adding "old" art back into it before abandoning it but he just skipped straight into abandoning it.
I guess you could say that 0.18 is a choose your own adventure game, as in choose another game to play.

halcyonpurge

Feb 7, 2019
first game syndrome. there's nothing particularly wrong with incremental development - as for me, i don't have any investment or anything in this project, and there's plenty of other things i can do so i can just watch in passing while development goes on. having reworks and revamps as your skills improve and your vision changes isn't at all uncommon, and it isn't super concerning to see. that's just how it is sometimes. if it were some, ahem, $27k per month patreon perpetual beta project, that would be extremely concerning, but for something of this size that everyone gets access to for free, it's nothing major.
BOY DO I FEEL FUCKING STUPID

Kormk

Mar 17, 2020
We have arrived, and it is now that we perform our charge. In fealty to the God-Emperor, our undying Lord, and by the grace of the Golden Throne, I declare Exterminatus upon the Game. I hereby sign the death warrant of a Game and consign a million souls to oblivion. May Imperial Justice account in all balance. Discord will shield us. exterminatus.gif

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
I am just glad Vel has the integrity not to leave it in perpetual: "will it, won't it forever dev mode."
Still disappointing to hear, but maybe hoping he'll partner with someone in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: GhostProject

EmilIrving

Jun 29, 2017
I wonder how the white knights feel after feverishly defending the Dev once this news dropped. Anyhow, sucks this happened (especially for the commissioners that paid to have their characters in the game), as I believed the game is salvageable. Then again, it's not like Vel hasn't outright said he is abandoning the game, just taking a break. :unsure:

Regardless, gonna start pointing toward this game if I ever see a post begging a game to move from one engine to another, or even just to change from a regular RPG system to be unique.

Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020
I wonder how the white knights feel after feverishly defending the Dev once this news dropped.
Most likely something along the lines of "It's because you haters dogpiled on the poor dev and made him upset. If only you stopped being so entitled, you dirty pirates who don't even think about supporting the dev with money, then the game would be finished".
Not pointing at anyone specifically, but that's usually what they write.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes