VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Gumongo

Jul 15, 2020
I can't play this game AT ALL.

I may be using a decade old not-gaming laptop running Windows 7, and depending on certain factors, RPG Maker may not always play particularly smoothly, but this is the first time I've encountered an issue like this.

Upon booting up the game, the window takes up almost the whole screen (I dunno if intentional or not, but I felt it was worth pointing out because I find it uncommon with RPGM games), and I get this rotating loading circle for like two-three minutes (along with intermittent "not responding" moments), then I get an error image in the top left corner.

I hear audio, and evidently, I can select icons and transition scenes going by the sound, but I can see no visuals whatsoever. It just stays on that black screen with the error icon.

Worse, my entire PC suffers MASSIVE slowdown. It was a huge chore trying to use the snipping tool to capture the only two images the game shows me, and another chore to summon the task manager to finally close the game window because it (of course) stopped responding.

I never changed anything in my settings (not that I know how), and pretty much every other game I've tried on this site, RPGM or no, runs at least well enough to, well, run, but I've never had one make my old PC shit the bed this hard before.

I downloaded the game twice, and I got the same result both times.
I been having the same issue, and it's weird because the previous version of the game ran just fine on my computer. I tried checking different things but i couldn't get it to play, maybe its a bug.

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
To get to the upper shelf where the "fat kiddo that used to have a dog is" you need to pick the upper left exit on the previous map.
But there isn't much there.

I don't think there's anything you're missing. I could be wrong of course, spent less than 20 minutes on this version so take everything I write with a grain of salt.

For sex scenes... Nope, what the AI chooses is what you get. You can keep skipping turns and hope Saria gets it but there is no art for it in the current build far as I'm aware; only the bosses do. Also you have to remember that Saria can only get it on if she has high enough "corruption" on that specific body part... For which you're going to need to grind passives or your cap won't be high enough.
Although I should note that the latest update made each enemy have 1~3 bodyparts that they are interested in, so if there's something specific you want to see, make sure the enemy is targeting that bodypart. If he isn't, kill him and look for another one.

I think the starting choices impact what flavour starting gear you get. And, I'm going to hazard a wild guess that the last one will impact what Saria will most like doing because you get a "Fledgling X" crest on the equip tab that I presume is intended to grow somehow.
Hm. I see. I'm kinda here because of my good acquaintance's suggestion (or more so a request, as he wanted my opinion on the game? He asked for the same in Karryn's prison. Heh.) and I hoped I'd get an option to flaunt her ass or something to get some content I want, as I'm generally not into "female protag gets raped" games. Oh well, I just hope it becomes an option at some point. Off I go and thank you for an elaborate reply!

maxsnax

Nov 29, 2018
Im should've specified more im past this im not getting the data tables where you actually edit the values.
If you've got the game.exe loaded into MTool (just drag and drop into the MTool winddow), you just hit install and go (first screenshot).

Then once the game boots up, you'll need to actually get into the playable portion of the game so either start a new game when you can start doing stuff or load up a save, both work. The main battle numbers will be in the "Main" tab (second screenshot). Background stats like corruption and partners and all that stuff the game tracks will be in the "Var" tab (third screenshot).

Screenshot 2022-08-15 160234.png Screenshot 2022-08-15 160442.png Screenshot 2022-08-15 160509.png

Reactions: MaikeyHD

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Hello Velminth,

Discovered this one a few days ago, as I'm a big fan of Karryn's Prison, and like many others, hard to not compare your game with it with the pretty similar mechanics. So I'll try not to do that.
What can I say, except some bugs, it's very enjoyable.
Running on a 120Hz screen, at first the game was slowed down a lot, totally unplayable, after ensuring that the fps can't go above 60 fps, everything was right.

The last patch notes says that the ghost menus was hopefully fixed, sorry but you'll have to try again. :)
1660660661831.png
If the ghost menu is this one and not the skills persisting at the bottom of the screen.

The art is very nice, I hope to see more cut-in, and more dedicated to the actions performed.
The defeat scenes looks really good too, but it miss a little interactivity.

I can't wait to see it develops nicely. But seeing some of the effects of the passives, I'm pretty confident that it can become a great game.

I really hope to see it completed on Steam to buy it. I know, there's still a long way to this step.
Anyway, awesome work so far. Cheers.

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
I've forgot something, there's something really wrong with the battle logs XD

1660662193677.png

And sometimes, you loose willpower but you can't see want the enemy is doing, as with the 14 willpower losts at the top of the logs.

Eoi461

Dec 2, 2019
I've forgot something, there's something really wrong with the battle logs XD

View attachment 1987378

And sometimes, you loose willpower but you can't see want the enemy is doing, as with the 14 willpower losts at the top of the logs.
Part of the reason you can't always see what the character's are doing to Saria is because there isn't cut-ins for everything yet as it is still being made, aka no art of that exact scenario, currently.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
why there is no sex scenes? only bandits fapping and that's it.
There are some, depending on the enemy and what your desire levels reach in a given battle. It's also in development, so there's scenes missing art or missing entirely in the current version.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
hell, on the 5th try i was able to see a "blowjob" scene with her, again useless grind. The author need make that these lines could be blocked in order to see one of the scenes.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes