Regedit32

Feb 6, 2018
Normally, by standards, there is no 0.10 after 0.9. 0.9.x is usually the beta stage of a project, and the next version is 1.0 (full release).
That's not a standard, it's a misconception.
A software versioning standard widely-adopted is SemVer (semantic versioning), structured as follow:

x.y.z

x -> Major update, usually 0 for prerelease to 1+ for something stable
y -> Minor update
z -> patch

some letters can be added to denote release type, examples:
- 0.1a could be the first release, hence an alpha test
- 1.2b.3 could be a release of a patch (.3) for a beta version of 1.2

Reflecting this on AVNs:
Major updates are huge milestones (like a final release), something stable that you are ment to not change in a short time.
Minor updates are small milestone (like new features or new chapters), something new that adds value to major release.
Patches are small updates like bugfix (typo in text, variables not set, graphic glitches, etc), something that doesn't add value to any release, just some sort of correction.

In this case 0.10b just means that games is not final (major = 0), a new chapter or feature has been added (minor = 10) and that's a beta version (b); no bugfix released yet (patch = 0, implicit).

You can read more .

Hope this helps ;)

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
It's very unlikely that he will update a beta version cause it has bugs and typos that are not fixed yet. No modder updates a beta version as far as I know.
He did it for the last version I think.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
It's very unlikely that he will update a beta version cause it has bugs and typos that are not fixed yet. No modder updates a beta version as far as I know.
He did it for the last version I think.
Well if he did, that's more work and hassle for him I guess.
Well there are no ifs. He did do it for the beta last time. It is pretty easy to check. Just go to the OP and click on Walkthrough/Gallery/Cheat mod and you can see he modded the 0.9b, the b means it was the Beta version. the "b" doesn't automatically means Beta version but did in the case of v0.10, v0.9, v0.8.

Versions:
Was informed this was not correct.

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Well there are no ifs. He did do it for the beta last time. It is pretty easy to check. Just go to the OP and click on Walkthrough/Gallery/Cheat mod and you can see he modded the 0.9b, the b means it was the Beta version.
Wrong, that's not how purple-fellas label their updates. The Beta would've been v0.9 Beta followed by v0.9, v0.9a, v0.9b etc with the letter signalling a bugfix.

This doesn't mean scrappy won't produce a mod for the beta but your reasoning fails due to incorrect information.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Wrong, that's not how purple-fellas label their updates. The Beta would've been v0.9 Beta followed by v0.9, v0.9a, v0.9b etc with the letter signalling a bugfix.

This doesn't mean scrappy won't produce a mod for the beta but your reasoning fails due to incorrect information.
Well but the actual version is v0.10 Beta. And is labeled v0.10b? :unsure:

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Nice update Mc with Olivia :love: (y)
No Mod need just pick every good answer to get Hot Blonde Olivia to be yours :sneaky:(y)

"Harem" tag please- dont want to hurt other npc's feelings just go YOLO to ALL :cool:(y)

Reactions: MrBenny

Rovo

Sep 29, 2018
Hey guys,

Question: I recently installed 0.10beta and started the game from scratch.... now it tells me: this is the end of version 0.8
looks like 0.9 and 0.10beta is not included. Do i miss something? Anyone else having this issue?
Thx for replying!

Rob

haggar54

Apr 22, 2020
Edit: Updated for version 0.9b

I've made a Walkthrough/Gallery/Cheat mod for this game
  • Best choices in dialogue colored green
  • Scene replay gallery added to the main menu
  • Cheat menu button added to the top right of the screen
Download : MEGA PIXELDRAIN
When is the updated MOD coming up?

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
When is the updated MOD coming up?
FYI....Re WT MOD use. I tried a new playthrough using the latest .09 WT mod up until the start of v0.8 of the story. Then I tried my saves with a clean no modded game, and noticed my game saves will not load (None of them will).... so the game mod seems to alter the saves from working without the mod.

I'm not happy right now, as I will have to wait to try the new mod or start over WITHOUT a walk through mod.

Reactions: Beto8

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
FYI....Re WT MOD use. I tried a new playthrough using the latest .09 WT mod up until the start of v0.8 of the story. Then I tried my saves with a clean no modded game, and noticed my game saves will not load (None of them will).... so the game mod seems to alter the saves from working without the mod.

I'm not happy right now, as I will have to wait to try the new mod or start over WITHOUT a walk through mod.
I use both clean and modded saves. First playthrough make what you think are the right choices then replay once the mod is updated.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019

Well ofc the mod is modding the save files. It is adding the cheat menu.. and I assume the save file searches for the cheat menu/changed values.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hey guys,

Question: I recently installed 0.10beta and started the game from scratch.... now it tells me: this is the end of version 0.8
looks like 0.9 and 0.10beta is not included. Do i miss something? Anyone else having this issue?
Thx for replying!

Rob
Did you install the walk through mod? That issue is common using older out of date walk through mods.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Well ofc the mod is modding the save files. It is adding the cheat menu..
Right but other mods, eg TFtUV don't eork that way, you can continue a modded save without updating as long as you aren't viewing scenes affected by the mod.

Saviour's mod is game breaking

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Right but other mods, eg TFtUV don't eork that way, you can continue a modded save without updating as long as you aren't viewing scenes affected by the mod.

Saviour's mod is game breaking
Well that possibility is for ever unofficial mod though. I don’t know the TFtUV mod so I can‘t talk for that one, now the question would be, is that mod changing or has the possibility to change some kind of number values in game like the cheat mod does here.
And well Scrappys mod is pretty good and adding a whole menu, I learnt that modded saves don’t work with the vanilla version back in, I think 0.8. and now like you I have 2 saves, people will learn. Maybe Scrappy should put a note in his post.

3.80 star(s) 132 Votes