VN Ren'Py Abandoned SC4LES [Ep. 1] [Pandalin Studios]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To be honest, main point of harem games isn't to have a great story or realistic character relations. Yes, very few of them can achieve that, but the main selling point of harem is just fun
I didn't mention realism at all in my post.

I said I don't find harems fun, I find them boring. They are a cheap cop out used to pander. I've seen 1 game where a harem is done well and that was Sisterly Lust. Alison Fall of the Apple is nearly there, the girls are willing to experiment with each other which would be great.

I find harems boring because you have 1 MC and a group of women sat around doing nothing waiting for their turn. Where is the fun in that?

It mind numbingly boring to watch. It still has that 1 on 1 only it removes any choice and makes date sims utterly pointless.

This is a date sim, the whole point to a date sim is that 1 on 1.

Plily

Apr 14, 2018
For a small moment I thought the banner girl was the daughter from Parental love as a redhead :D

Pandadrummer

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Hey guys, PandaDrummer here !
Well i didn't expect to be on F95 so quickly, but that's no prob, and while i'm here, i'm gonna address a few points :
there will be no HAREM ending. not open to discussion.
The game is already written from beginning to end, and we don't want to change huge chunks of it to please the crowd.
Of course, if people won't play our game because of it, then it's fine, we already know we cannot please everyone.

As this is our very first game, we wanted to make something nice, but simple.
There will be more games in the future, and the possibility of some sort of Harem could open then, but that won't be the case for this game.

Like we said on the Patreon post : hope to see you around for the adventure !
Take care.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I would add Love of Magic and Parental Love to the list of "Games that successfully implement a harem" and I imagine there are some others I'm not thinking of off the top of my head, but I tend to agree with Avaron1974 's main point about (some) harem games feeling forced and/or boring to play. I mean, MOTH was fun at first, but then geesh (I still played to the end haha). Any game where you get to decide "THAT GIRL is the one for me" and the make choices to pursue that girl is fine, and people who won't bother to play a game that doesn't include a harem ending are missing out on a lot of quality games.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hey guys, PandaDrummer here !
Well i didn't expect to be on F95 so quickly, but that's no prob, and while i'm here, i'm gonna address a few points :
there will be no HAREM ending. not open to discussion.
The game is already written from beginning to end, and we don't want to change huge chunks of it to please the crowd.
Of course, if people won't play our game because of it, then it's fine, we already know we cannot please everyone.

As this is our very first game, we wanted to make something nice, but simple.
There will be more games in the future, and the possibility of some sort of Harem could open then, but that won't be the case for this game.

Like we said on the Patreon post : hope to see you around for the adventure !
Take care.
As long as there's no NTR, I may even become a patron. Haven't started this game yet, but, seems like people are liking it.

Reactions: Milflover68

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
An adult MC in gainful employ rather than another 18 y/o virgin wanting to bang mom and sis?
This alone is enough for me to give it a shot, however the fact there will not be a Harem Ending is a real turn-off to me. :cry: I want to be rewarded for playing smart. :WeSmart:
When has a Harem game ever required smarts?

• Angry
Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I like this intro. The characters are quickly but adequately depicted. There is quite a good insight to how the beginning of the game will be.

Who knows ? This might even be the first game I will become a patron to.

I will also join the no harem group as I want to see at least in one play-through the MC fail miserably at an attempt to be with multiple girls.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wish you the best for your game Pandadrummer

Pandadrummer

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
I like this intro. The characters are quickly but adequately depicted. There is quite a good insight to how the beginning of the game will be.

Who knows ? This might even be the first game I will become a patron to.

I will also join the no harem group as I want to see at least in one play-through the MC fail miserably at an attempt to be with multiple girls.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wish you the best for your game Pandadrummer
thanks Le Pew ! We would love to have you as a patron, of course, but no sweat if you don't pledge :)
The fact that the MC is married, is the ONE thing we compromised on to make the game a LITTLE trickier ^^ hope you will enjoy how it unfolds !

zerofreak

Mar 13, 2019
I would add Love of Magic and Parental Love to the list of "Games that successfully implement a harem" and I imagine there are some others I'm not thinking of off the top of my head, but I tend to agree with Avaron1974 's main point about (some) harem games feeling forced and/or boring to play. I mean, MOTH was fun at first, but then geesh (I still played to the end haha). Any game where you get to decide "THAT GIRL is the one for me" and the make choices to pursue that girl is fine, and people who won't bother to play a game that doesn't include a harem ending are missing out on a lot of quality games.
You can add No more secrets too. Great game, great harem.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
So, tried this little prologue.
I always consider the story as the most important part of the game and I'm intrigued by what I read so far.
Also, MC reminds me a little bit of Till Lindemann in some scenes - but maybe that's because I'm a metalhead.
Models are not among those overused in other games - I think PandaDrummer could possibly have a hit if this continues at the same level of quality.

Reactions: Pandadrummer

Pandadrummer

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Stupid question: Pandadrummer Do you guys consider a threesome falls into the harem tag?
I'd like a precision : Threesome ending, or Threesome ACTION ?

As a matter of fact, there won't be any ending where you end up with more than 1 girl. Sorry for everyone's hopes and dreams !
but there will be possibilities for 3some action.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Short but nice prologue. Gives us just enough background and exposition to get a feel for the characters.
Mostly lovely female models (not a fan of the bratty blonde but that's just my opinion).
Good english and dialogues. Keep it up! (y)

At first I was confused by the last scene since I hadn't read the tags in the OP, but I guess Scyllia and Kat are identical twins?
I couldn't understand how the MC didn't realize it was not his wife cooking in the lovely apron. o_O
Scyllia's reaction to the scene makes me guess she knows her sister has a thing for her husband... I eagerly await the next installment to see how MC will get out of this predicament!

Reactions: Pandadrummer

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'd like a precision : Threesome ending, or Threesome ACTION ?

As a matter of fact, there won't be any ending where you end up with more than 1 girl. Sorry for everyone's hopes and dreams !
but there will be possibilities for 3some action.
I think I'll pass on 3some action. Not into sharing my girl with another girl and def not with another dude.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes