VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5b] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Closer to the end of 0.2.5a there's a game-breaking bug.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/tyrs_hand.rpy", line 5780, in script
    if castle_quest_mark == False and chapel_quest_mark == False and dorm_quest_mark == False and guard_tower_quest_mark == False and cathedral_quest_mark == False oandr scarlet_enclave_quest_mark == False and access_to_sea_quest_mark == False and tavern_quest_mark == False:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/tyrs_hand.rpy, line 5780)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/tyrs_hand.rpy", line 5780, in script
    if castle_quest_mark == False and chapel_quest_mark == False and dorm_quest_mark == False and guard_tower_quest_mark == False and cathedral_quest_mark == False oandr scarlet_enclave_quest_mark == False and access_to_sea_quest_mark == False and tavern_quest_mark == False:
  File "Z:\VN\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "Z:\VN\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2037, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "Z:\VN\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 690, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/tyrs_hand.rpy, line 5780)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
Scarlet Ashbringer 0.2.5a
Mon Jun 24 03:30:07 2024
There appears to be a typo in game/tyrs_hand.rpy, line 5780:
Code:
needs to be changed to:
Code:
if castle_quest_mark == False and chapel_quest_mark == False and dorm_quest_mark == False and guard_tower_quest_mark == False and cathedral_quest_mark == False and scarlet_enclave_quest_mark == False and access_to_sea_quest_mark == False and tavern_quest_mark == False:
To this, actually, if we're being pedantic. The flags are already boolean, there's no need for comparison operator for the if condition, that just makes it difficult to read, but that might be a decompiler artifact:
Code:
if not castle_quest_mark and not chapel_quest_mark and not dorm_quest_mark and not guard_tower_quest_mark and not cathedral_quest_mark and not scarlet_enclave_quest_mark and not access_to_sea_quest_mark and not tavern_quest_mark:
(I unpacked/decompiled the game files using UnRen)

Cool way to code it, thanks! I'll use this. Sorry this bug appeared!
I will soon release a 0.2.5b correcting many bugs, hopefully tonight or tomorrow

Reactions: tenek711

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
0.2.5b is ready ! It's just some bug fixes, nothing new. I recommand switching to it if you consider to start, but if you already finished in a previous version, no need to bother

PC :
Mac :

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Rockalds

Sep 22, 2023
where can i find 'unstable triggers' for 'Thats asking a lot' quest?
i did everything i can do but no result. ıs that bug or something ?

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
where can i find 'unstable triggers' for 'Thats asking a lot' quest?
i did everything i can do but no result. ıs that bug or something ?
I think that's the tavern minigame but not 100% on that. You get one every third time you work a shift

Reactions: Rockalds
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes