surskit

May 6, 2017
I'm glad I gunned for the best ending first (daisuke)

The game really doens't live up to the original which is a crying shame. This really would have been better as a SoS 1.5, and skip some of the fluff at the start, dropped the final route, and used the gd cellphone more.

Ripass

Jul 5, 2023
This game is so much better if you play a SoS route immediately before starting the After route

kermato

Dec 18, 2017
I just played through the vagrant route and I think people are misunderstanding this. I like that he set up the game giving you time to remember things - the last week of the previous summer, the bond Keita and Ryoka have and then giving you the option of going to each route on your own. It's not like he could replicate the first game - he's giving every character their after stories after the ending in SoS1. You're seeing Ryoka mostly already corrupted and won over - that's the idea of the game, just expanding onto that pain of Keita now actually seeing and experiencing losing her.

I'd rate the vagrant route a 8/10 or 8.5/10, since it's the only one I played for now. Hot scenes, simple enough premise. Keita lost Ryoka because he simply had no attitude, and didn't show that he cared enough - the dude came in and stole her, body and soul. Tajiri gets her pregnant fast, and they start a family together. The ending with Keita going back to the village six months later and seeing her pregnant - now fully treating Tajiri as her husband, although she did confess to him before that she had a boyfriend - is soul crushing not because of darker things like blackmail or shit of that kind, just inaction. Keita repeatedly reminisces throught the route on how she's the love of his life - but his inability to act made him lose her.

I'll review the others when I play them (I'm going from least favorite characters to favs) but the idea is to show an actual AFTER story. People actually wanted for Ryoka to start from 0 again and are mad because they didn't understand the premise lol. That's why the focus is on the art and the scenes moreso than the corruption itself. Welp.
i wish that route had more scenes.

steelblake

Jan 8, 2018
There's scars if summer and then this one afterwards
So its If a remake of the first game or something like that? Because I remember Scar of summer popping rather frecuently in the latest update page. Everytime seemed like a different game

surskit

May 6, 2017
So its If a remake of the first game or something like that? Because I remember Scar of summer popping rather frecuently in the latest update page. Everytime seemed like a different game
It's basically an epilogue for the bad ends in SoS.

There is a little bit of "game" involved, but you choose the route she'll follow and then just wait for her to go do the things. There's really nothing you as a player have to do.

nvshooter

Dec 26, 2021
Daisuke was... a normal dude. A virgin weirdo for sure but... yea.
Best written and most emotional route in the game. That wedding scene hurted a lot. I think since its kinda the first character in the choice menu, author was making him the first, and thats why he finished the game for so long, he got so attached to Ryoko that after he wrote the script for Daisuke he just got depressed lmao. Thats why other routes look so silly and stupid while Daisuke actually hurts, cause author halfassed every other route without making any connections to Ryoko and thats why she behaves like a giga dumb slut in every other route without any reason given, cause author was mentally exhausted after writing the original script. Idk why he didnt just made the whole vanilla focused game with lots of mini games and funny romcom moments, would be infinite times better than what we got, since he wouldnt halfass that (even though good ending kinda show that he was really burned out from the story to make that, but i thinks its mostly due to writing the heavy ntr stuff beforehand). Like, i remember that Yasui route with bibisea fetish at the end lmaoooo, i almost fell from my chair from laughter, author really just didnt care about the story by that point and wanted to sweep some random shit as a way to distance himself from the story and just make it some kind of fetish route i guess. If every route was as heavy as Daisuke i wouldnt have finished the game, though neutral ending almost made me quit(but its solely because of character breaking moments), thank God that shit wasnt that long to annoy me so much. Wish there was a neutral ending where char just stays at Ryoko's house like in other after seaside routes and you just have to finish that memory game like in the first, playing through all the ntr routes to get the good ending was harsh, at least in the first game you didnt have to get her ntrd to get the good ending.

kekera77

Nov 9, 2020
Happy Ending after completing Yasui and Senpai route.

Thanks Author, the happy ending is so PEAK
I do appreciate it when NTR games have vanilla choices and vice versa. It’s a win for everyone and leads to less bitching.

Mar 29, 2018
The scenes themselves are still pretty good compared to other NTR games but man I found this pretty disappointing compared to the original. The Nobuo route was one of my favorites in the original but it is terrible here, the only scene I liked with him was the 3rd to last one, the others are extremely underwhelming, the ending had a good setup but it ends way too early, it needed like 2 or at least 1 more CGs to make the corruption stick. Nobuo route's final scene in the original is leagues better than this one and that's disappoint since it took so long for the game to release.

Reactions: cerberuz1

Fred009

Dec 31, 2017
So, what's everyone favorite route in After? In the og I was a big fan of Oyama-Yasui-Vagrant routes, with Daisuke coming in 4th. But I was surprised after finishing After 100% and noticing the ending that me hurt the most was Daisuke's - taking the top as my favorite. Let me explain: Yasui and Oyama completely break Ryoka, straight up. In Yasui's case she just becomes this full-blown whore addicted to pleasure by the end, basically fucking anyone (including a nod to now being a QOS slut), and in Oyama's case she's now his baby making machine in this almost-forced marriage, in both endings the sister being wrangled into it. Both are dehumanizing and strong for a hrpg ntr game - but...

Daisuke was... a normal dude. A virgin weirdo for sure but... yea. I think what hurt the most was that it happens because of Keita's inaction. Daisuke approaches Ryoka with the one thing Keita doesn't have in SoS1 - initiative. He talks to Ryoka, addresses her being cute and hot. He notices her curves and treats her like a grown woman - not just a childhood friend like Keita that sometimes still treats her like an annoying kid. He has the attitude to tell her he's interested - never blackmailing, threatening or hurting Ryoka (or even trying to humiliate Keita). One of my favorite things in 1 was how Ryoka at some point just straight up asks Keita if he's really okay with her going on a date with Daisuke after his non-stop advances - almost as if begging for Keita to say no and stop it from happening, as she still loves him the most but he's just not stepping up to it (a bonus added that in this first date Daisuke fucks her for the first time).

And in After it's tough because... Daisuke is truly able to make Ryoka his girl. She comes over and cooks for him, they fuck in the gym, in Daisuke's house, at Ryoka's house - her slowly caring less and less about Keita's reaction and giving herself in to this guy as Keita slowly notices what's going on. Dude did all that in one month while Keita couldn't do it in years.

But the ending was the most brutal - they're now in a official relationship and you can tell Ryoka is still a bit uncomfortable with Keita around. They help Keita move for college while treating each other as bf and gf in front of him. Keita is crushed as he notices in jealousy and regret that he truly loves this girl. They even fuck like crazy in the room beside Keita's in the Seaside Event, adding salt to the injury. And then... months later, the fucking marriage invitation. Attending it is just the saddest thing ever. It's different from the Vagrant in which Keita comes back to see Ryoka pregnant - signaling her body is now another man's. In Daisuke's case it's more of an emotional thing - coming back to watch her getting married. Legit felt bad for Keita in this (even though it's his fault for being such a spineless wimp). Like someone said in another forum - the love of your life being taken away forever because you were too much of a pussy to act on your feelings in time? Ouch.

View attachment 3964182
And then you realise there is billions of other women in the world and don't cry yourself to sleep like the author did after he wrote that route and went on to half ass the rest of the game. Before giving us scars of summer 1.5

cerberuz1

Dec 31, 2017
So, what's everyone favorite route in After? In the og I was a big fan of Oyama-Yasui-Vagrant routes, with Daisuke coming in 4th. But I was surprised after finishing After 100% and noticing the ending that me hurt the most was Daisuke's - taking the top as my favorite. Let me explain: Yasui and Oyama completely break Ryoka, straight up. In Yasui's case she just becomes this full-blown whore addicted to pleasure by the end, basically fucking anyone (including a nod to now being a QOS slut), and in Oyama's case she's now his baby making machine in this almost-forced marriage, in both endings the sister being wrangled into it. Both are dehumanizing and strong for a hrpg ntr game - but...

Daisuke was... a normal dude. A virgin weirdo for sure but... yea. I think what hurt the most was that it happens because of Keita's inaction. Daisuke approaches Ryoka with the one thing Keita doesn't have in SoS1 - initiative. He talks to Ryoka, addresses her being cute and hot. He notices her curves and treats her like a grown woman - not just a childhood friend like Keita that sometimes still treats her like an annoying kid. He has the attitude to tell her he's interested - never blackmailing, threatening or hurting Ryoka (or even trying to humiliate Keita). One of my favorite things in 1 was how Ryoka at some point just straight up asks Keita if he's really okay with her going on a date with Daisuke after his non-stop advances - almost as if begging for Keita to say no and stop it from happening, as she still loves him the most but he's just not stepping up to it (a bonus added that in this first date Daisuke fucks her for the first time).

And in After it's tough because... Daisuke is truly able to make Ryoka his girl. She comes over and cooks for him, they fuck in the gym, in Daisuke's house, at Ryoka's house - her slowly caring less and less about Keita's reaction and giving herself in to this guy as Keita slowly notices what's going on. Dude did all that in one month while Keita couldn't do it in years.

But the ending was the most brutal - they're now in a official relationship and you can tell Ryoka is still a bit uncomfortable with Keita around. They help Keita move for college while treating each other as bf and gf in front of him. Keita is crushed as he notices in jealousy and regret that he truly loves this girl. They even fuck like crazy in the room beside Keita's in the Seaside Event, adding salt to the injury. And then... months later, the fucking marriage invitation. Attending it is just the saddest thing ever. It's different from the Vagrant in which Keita comes back to see Ryoka pregnant - signaling her body is now another man's. In Daisuke's case it's more of an emotional thing - coming back to watch her getting married. Legit felt bad for Keita in this (even though it's his fault for being such a spineless wimp). Like someone said in another forum - the love of your life being taken away forever because you were too much of a pussy to act on your feelings in time? Ouch.

View attachment 3964182
can you give me hint others 2 Oyama ending, I only got ending when they 3some in bathroom with PE uniform

AlexKunKun

Sep 3, 2023
I do appreciate it when NTR games have vanilla choices and vice versa. It’s a win for everyone and leads to less bitching.
I understand what you're saying. It's good that a game can please most players.

But why would someone play an NTR game to avoid NTR?

To me, it doesn't make sense to play an NTR, since that's exactly what the game is about, just to avoid it. If you prefer vanilla games, then stay away from NTR, unless the game has a vanilla route with unlockable sex scenes, which is rare in games with that kind of proposal.

Reactions: rangabang

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I understand what you're saying. It's good that a game can please most players.

But why would someone play an NTR game to avoid NTR?

To me, it doesn't make sense to play an NTR, since that's exactly what the game is about, just to avoid it. If you prefer vanilla games, then stay away from NTR, unless the game has a vanilla route with unlockable sex scenes, which is rare in games with that kind of proposal.
There's a satisfaction in playing an avoidable NTR game and beating the odds to avoid it. A vanilla harem game doesn't put you in a position where you have to take risks and play the best man to keep all the girls but there's also a lot less satisfaction at succeeding at that when the game's designed for you to always win.
Then there's also the fact that NTR fans sometimes want to see the MC win too. There's multiple endings and multiple paths, so after beating (or losing) those it adds a fun little change to see the one path where you win instead. It adds to the story and also adds to the gravity of the NTR, it shows what the MC can possibly lose.

Reactions: AtomGz
3.20 star(s) 26 Votes