Ren'Py School Game [v0.954 Fix 5] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
How do you progress the relationship with Yuki? I have finished the festival, visited Ayano in her house several times and met her at the shopping center. Tipps are saying to progress with Ayano and for Ayano to meet her. Where should I meet her?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
How do you progress the relationship with Yuki? I have finished the festival, visited Ayano in her house several times and met her at the shopping center. Tipps are saying to progress with Ayano and for Ayano to meet her. Where should I meet her?
Have you gone on a date with Yuki yet, where you're accosted by 3 thugs? After the festival, you can ask Yuki to a date, given enough club popularity.

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
Have you gone on a date with Yuki yet, where you're accosted by 3 thugs? After the festival, you can ask Yuki to a date, given enough club popularity.
My club popularity is over 2000 and on first place, but I see no option to ask Yuki for a date... Do I maybe have to date Ayano first to be able to date Yuki? The talking options posted above are the only ones I get.

May 25, 2022
v0.937 BugFix2 XMPatch R3

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Install instruction is included in the attachment
Thanks for the patch. Followed the instructions included, but keep running into the following error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 287, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

It happens every time I try to boot up the game. Would appreciate some help.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
My club popularity is over 2000 and on first place, but I see no option to ask Yuki for a date... Do I maybe have to date Ayano first to be able to date Yuki? The talking options posted above are the only ones I get.
If you have enabled Renpy console, can you please check if "yuki_progress" is 3?

Basically, you need to skip class several times until Yuki calls you to the council room to berate you about it. Yuki will call you once when you've skipped class 10 times, then once again on the 25th time. Check the "Statistics" screen to know how many times you've skipped class. Mind you, this chain of events will only trigger once the Occult club popularity is greater than 400, just for reference.

After the 2nd call, go to council room again, this time you will get a slightly different menu than your screenshot:
  • I just came to check on you
  • Although... If you think about it, it's nothing serious. Keep working
  • About my wish...
Pick the 3rd option. You can setup a date with Yuki there.

Thanks for the patch. Followed the instructions included, but keep running into the following error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 287, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

It happens every time I try to boot up the game. Would appreciate some help.
Hmm, this problem again. Can you verify if the file "game\script.rpy" and "game\system.rpy" exists after the patch? Also, verify the whether folder "__game" exists and the file "__game\archive.rpa" exists.

Try this, 1st delete the "game" folder, then rename "__game" to "game", then try to start the game. If successfull, remove the "xm_files" folder, then run the python patch "xm_patch.py". This will only extract "archive.rpa". Try to run the game again, see if successfull. If not, again rename "__game" to "game" then run the cmd patch "xm_patch.cmd", while still keeping "xm_files" removed. Ignore the error message "xm_files not found", here we're testing the extraction phase. Try to run the game again.

If successfull, try to copy the contents of "xm_files" folder to the "game" folder, confirming to overwrite all files. Then check again if the game starts normally.

kang34

Jul 24, 2019
There's v0.937 BugFix version of the game posted here. My contains a folder on cheating the game and patreon codes for v0.936 or later. The codes won't do much, cos now the really useful codes are processed on the dev's server side. That is, you enter your email, then the game contacts the dev server and determine your patreon level and enable contents based on that. Part of what my patch do is bypass that (see the fixlog).
Did u know what the last version that still work to bypass?
and where I could find/download that version?
because i really want to try it.
thanks

May 25, 2022
If you have enabled Renpy console, can you please check if "yuki_progress" is 3?

Basically, you need to skip class several times until Yuki calls you to the council room to berate you about it. Yuki will call you once when you've skipped class 10 times, then once again on the 25th time. Check the "Statistics" screen to know how many times you've skipped class. Mind you, this chain of events will only trigger once the Occult club popularity is greater than 400, just for reference.

After the 2nd call, go to council room again, this time you will get a slightly different menu than your screenshot:
  • I just came to check on you
  • Although... If you think about it, it's nothing serious. Keep working
  • About my wish...
Pick the 3rd option. You can setup a date with Yuki there.

Hmm, this problem again. Can you verify if the file "game\script.rpy" and "game\system.rpy" exists after the patch? Also, verify the whether folder "__game" exists and the file "__game\archive.rpa" exists.

Try this, 1st delete the "game" folder, then rename "__game" to "game", then try to start the game. If successfull, remove the "xm_files" folder, then run the python patch "xm_patch.py". This will only extract "archive.rpa". Try to run the game again, see if successfull. If not, again rename "__game" to "game" then run the cmd patch "xm_patch.cmd", while still keeping "xm_files" removed. Ignore the error message "xm_files not found", here we're testing the extraction phase. Try to run the game again.

If successfull, try to copy the contents of "xm_files" folder to the "game" folder, confirming to overwrite all files. Then check again if the game starts normally.
The "__game\archive.rpa" existed, but couldn't seem to find the "game\script.rpy" and "game\system.rpy" files.

I'm gonna step by step walk through your process and annotate my results.

Try this, 1st delete the "game" folder, then rename "__game" to "game", then try to start the game.

School.exe was able to run.

If successfull, remove the "xm_files" folder, then run the python patch "xm_patch.py". This will only extract "archive.rpa". Try to run the game again, see if successfull.

School.exe did not run throwing the same error as mentioned before.

If not, again rename "__game" to "game"

I assumed that you wanted me to delete the "game" folder and rename "_game" like before, and not to merge the "game" and renamed "_game" folders.

then run the cmd patch "xm_patch.cmd", while still keeping "xm_files" removed. Ignore the error message "xm_files not found", here we're testing the extraction phase.

I ran the "xm_patch.cmd" and did indeed get the "xm_files not found" message.

Try to run the game again.

I went ahead and tried this step even though the game wouldn't run. When I copied the contents of the xm_files to the "game" folder (I assumed you meant the folder labeled "game" and not the overall game "School-0.937-win" folder) I did not receive a notification to overwrite all files.

Appreciate the help.

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
This game is absurdly slow for me. It takes more than half a second to click ANYTHING, even with all of the performance options ticked on. Is this a known problem?

Reactions: Tastetester12

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Did u know what the last version that still work to bypass?
and where I could find/download that version?
because i really want to try it.
thanks
The v0.937 bugfix 2 is posted here

The "__game\archive.rpa" existed, but couldn't seem to find the "game\script.rpy" and "game\system.rpy" files.

Try this, 1st delete the "game" folder, then rename "__game" to "game", then try to start the game.

If successfull, remove the "xm_files" folder, then run the python patch "xm_patch.py". This will only extract "archive.rpa". Try to run the game again, see if successfull.

I assumed that you wanted me to delete the "game" folder and rename "_game" like before, and not to merge the "game" and renamed "_game" folders.

then run the cmd patch "xm_patch.cmd", while still keeping "xm_files" removed. Ignore the error message "xm_files not found", here we're testing the extraction phase.

I went ahead and tried this step even though the game wouldn't run. When I copied the contents of the xm_files to the "game" folder (I assumed you meant the folder labeled "game" and not the overall game "School-0.937-win" folder) I did not receive a notification to overwrite all files.

Appreciate the help.
Ok, the problem is the extracting stage then. This stage is actually handled by "extractrpa.py". What python version have you installed? Can you run this command in windows command line:
Code:
python --version
If you don't know how to run a command line, press "Win+R", then type in "cmd" in the newly opened window, then press "OK". this will open the command line. You can then type in the above command.

Might be unrelated, did you install the game to the "C" drive?

I myself running the game on Win 10 LTSB 1607, with python 3.10.5 installed. The game itself is installed on "H" drive on my system. Installing games and/or mods on "C" drive generally do cause problems (but do not know if it is causing problem with this particular game) because how windows jealously protect the drive, doesn't matter what setting you set on control panel.

This game is absurdly slow for me. It takes more than half a second to click ANYTHING, even with all of the performance options ticked on. Is this a known problem?
What system are you running the game on? The game does tax the cpu, as it is single threaded, and the RNPC image compositing alone isn't particularly "light".

May 25, 2022
Ok, the problem is the extracting stage then. This stage is actually handled by "extractrpa.py". What python version have you installed? Can you run this command in windows command line:
Code:
python --version
If you don't know how to run a command line, press "Win+R", then type in "cmd" in the newly opened window, then press "OK". this will open the command line. You can then type in the above command.

Might be unrelated, did you install the game to the "C" drive?

I myself running the game on Win 10 LTSB 1607, with python 3.10.5 installed. The game itself is installed on "H" drive on my system. Installing games and/or mods on "C" drive generally do cause problems (but do not know if it is causing problem with this particular game) because how windows jealously protect the drive, doesn't matter what setting you set on control panel.
I'm running Python version 3.11.2
Yes, I am running from my "C" drive. Usually just play games straight from my downloads.

SpeedWegun

Jan 6, 2021

Appreciate the help.
Same problem here, ran the script on both Python 3.11.2 and 3.10.5, both times the game got bricked.

On an unrelated note, whenever I opened the dev console, went into the in-built cheat menu via "call console" command and entered the NPC Editor, The game broke all my existing and future saves. Anytime I tried to load a save, it would throw me back to the exact day and time in-game where I first opened the console.

The only half-fix i found is to delete the entire folder and re-extract the game again from the zipped file. The game saves normally now Although that did NOT fix my already broken saves. I do believe its just the NPC Editor, since I used the cheat console before to edit my character attributes. Scratch that, it seems the whole cheat console broke, not sure if the problem was my overuse of it, or if the NPC Editor randomly decided to break it for me. Deleted all the saves, rip 6 hours of my life ig.

Last edited:

iceprincess

Jun 9, 2020
Use the entire archive of the game.
So, if some game have 3GB of file and several hundred of files in the archive, you must decompress it first and put them to your storage..
ahh yes, i finally remeber that i used to play .exe games on my android using joiplay, but then i gave up after i updated my joiplay long long time ago, a lot of games that used to able to run, but then no longer playable, cant even start, well, i will not blame the devs, its probably because my device getting old. (not playstyore version, i used to download it from their official sites)

Can't quite replicate the 100 stat creation rollback bug. How did you manage to get all stats to 100?
The same with the Untrained perk, I can't replicate it
What does "using dex hand perk" means?

Other than rnpc w/ phone bug, the problem are largely fixed on my end, but haven't posted the patch yet. I'm compiling it right now.
rollback bug? just press auto generated button, then go back 5 times (back to the 1st page), press the auto generated button again, do it several time and your stat will accumulating by itself, usually when you reach 100 stats, all available starting perk also on checklist/active, you can deactivated perks you dont want, such as new apartment perk because it will cancel any interaction with Ayano sister.

btw, AFTER TONS OF CRASH AND RESTART I HAVE TO DEAL WITH. here my current proggress

-Ayano now join Vocal club, now im on cold war with that perverted manager, the end, (under development)
-Meiko on romance brach, got bj and s*x option on each weekend date, the end no more stories
-Ayano big sister, aka Mrs Realtor, she gave me a job at bar, also cancel my monthly rent payment. she told me she will call me again later after telling me that she let me to date ayano but never call me back (is it the end? or i mess up the order)
-Suzuki too simple, no more option, only endless s*x
-Hitomi now helping investigating the secret fan while giving services. the ends, but she keep calling me again and again, unlimited Loop stories (secret fans unlocked)
-Secret Fans aka ohh damn i forgot,, was it azu? anzu? whatever, now i can face her on hallway but this only trigger loop with hitomi services. i have to avoid hallway to prevent the loop.
-Occult club Mysterius Girl? idk, met her once under table, also met her few time at backroom but no more stories, probably an extra?
-Yuki? SHE'S GONE! out of my life. i cant remember when, but after i unlock vocal club, shes nowhere to be seen. i havent date her yet, but well, she already gave bj after dinner at school roof
-strange glasses seller? she told me she will call me back to sell her invention or something, but never happend, anyway not really care bout her, shes only a random NPC picked by system. notice told me she sell strange bar to upgrade level, but nah, i dont need it on medium difficulity mode.

-Occult club dont know what to do anymore, it had hundred thousand budget now, i wish i can corruprt the money
-Jurnalism club? its strange, after i stand for Yuki and given role as curator, hitomi become the new head, but now if i visit the club, its giving me a never seen interaction menu, i can only order hitomi to write things, such as increasing trust, influence, and school vulgarity. i didnt get the usual page which i can order hitomi to investigating candidates. its worser, because the club level wont increase no matter how many score i made on those three categories, (well, its only around 1k trust, few hundres influence, but 15k vulgarity, its should be enough to level up the club normally, right?)
-Hooligan? im glad i didnt beat the leader yet, because it will prevent me to enter the factory and cant ask for their help during Ayano quest.

ok, thats all, did i miss something? or stories? or go to wrong direction? because one thing for sure, i dont know how to trigger Ayano bath s*x scene.

Last edited:

iceprincess

Jun 9, 2020
hi guys, im testing blackmail and swim club deaccelerating branch, and both have same hint, force meiko to have s*x with help occult club, any hint to progress with this?

i tried blackmail branch on prev vers, theres not really any notable event, only more command for meiko such as, seduce by go nuke, let touch, and f*ck, while progressing with this, i didnt see any change flag until meiko suddenly dissapear for a day from club then suddenly i got called by Yuki to solve this blackmail matter, in the end, poor meiko will either exlude from school after brain dmg or force to stay in the backroom without any more possible interaction, story finish but meiko gone, not like yuki event, when she angry to MC because mc against her, but theres still 2 possible option, yuki will leave the house, or yuki will stay, depend on MC answer

Wooho272

Mar 2, 2020
hi guys, im testing blackmail and swim club deaccelerating branch, and both have same hint, force meiko to have s*x with help occult club, any hint to progress with this?

i tried blackmail branch on prev vers, theres not really any notable event, only more command for meiko such as, seduce by go nuke, let touch, and f*ck, while progressing with this, i didnt see any change flag until meiko suddenly dissapear for a day from club then suddenly i got called by Yuki to solve this blackmail matter, in the end, poor meiko will either exlude from school after brain dmg or force to stay in the backroom without any more possible interaction, story finish but meiko gone, not like yuki event, when she angry to MC because mc against her, but theres still 2 possible option, yuki will leave the house, or yuki will stay, depend on MC answer
After Meiko joined in the club, she can be given tasks like other randomized NPCs. Using this, you can make her do what you want.

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
Played it for quite a while yesterday. Game does seem very slow, like I've noticed some other people mention (keep it on an SD card in my case), so I might have missed a few things. Though I think it could have potential if it gets the kinks and weird logic (e.g. girl with high relationship won't date or come over to your house to hangout but will happily have sex) ironed out and has some additional content added. For example, a yearbook or something that gives you names and pictures of characters that fills with things like quests, likes, dislikes, stats, and habits as you interact with them. Something like that could make it a lot easier to keep track of who is who and where to find them. Additional more extreme sexual options and acts that become available at higher levels of depravity and/or sexual skill could also be fun (perhaps prostitution and choke sex?).

I'm not sure if it's because I haven't played enough and haven't gotten there, but it would also be pretty good if you had a way to change your relationship with characters that have developed a phobia of you. I played through the bully hunter questline and have developed a liking for one of the hooligans that I was tasked with breaking (partially because they were the only one I could easily find). So it could be fun if you could change the relationship to a willing and obedient "master-slave one" instead of being only able to access the bullying options. Or even just reforming them could be fun. Especially since some of the (admittedly kinda iffy) text suggest something like that could be possible.
Also, is it actually possible to accidentally kill someone in the game? Pretty much the only way I was able to defeat any hooligans was by employing weapons like the spiked brass knuckles, and the description made me worried it could accidentally kill them.

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 50 Votes