Ren'Py School Game [v0.954 Fix 5] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/mods/npc_main.rpy", line 1305, in <module>
File "game/system/function_library.rpy", line 4464, in ladies_man_perk
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "mods/npc_main.rpyc", line 1305, in script
File "E:\arpggames\unfinished\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\arpggames\unfinished\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/mods/npc_main.rpy", line 1305, in <module>
File "game/system/function_library.rpy", line 4464, in ladies_man_perk
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
School 0.937
Sat Jan 28 07:04:48 2023

first girl i talk to never ending loop of this crap
frepyou:
The following patch should fix the problem, or at least the crash. I've yet encountered a "never ending loop" like you've said. Maybe you're trying to "ignore" the crash when given option?

exploded lol says could not find start
What exactly "exploded", the patch or the game after done patching?

What's in R2:
  • Fixed crash when talking to RNPC with low romantic influence (1st reported here by frepyou)
  • Fixed crash when meeting an RNPC at the pool, with nude swimwear set as school dresscode (another bug the dev forgot to fix when releasing a new version)
  • Fixed swimsuit not matching the actual breast size of the RNPC after setting a list of eligible swimsuits for school dresscode (yet another old bug)
A note on swimsuit dresscode: If you never touch the swimsuit dresscode setting when offered by yuki, everything is fine. Then you set the school to always skinny dipping. That's fine too, the patch fix that problem. However, if you then got tired and set the dresscode to require a swimsuit again, the girls won't listen, and always go skinny dipping. This is because the list of eligible swimsuits are empty, so you must add several swimsuits to the list from the dresscode editor. Why is this so convoluted? Cos the dev in their infinite wisdom code it this way :mad:

I'm just too lazy to streamline the process cos that require a major rewrite on several parts of the code.

In a way, I feel sorry for the Patreon backers, esprecially those who are on the top tier. At best, they're paying for features written in untested code, which works sometimes or crippled in some way.

Mmmh994

Dec 30, 2019
frepyou:
The following patch should fix the problem, or at least the crash. I've yet encountered a "never ending loop" like you've said. Maybe you're trying to "ignore" the crash when given option?

What exactly "exploded", the patch or the game after done patching?

What's in R2:
  • Fixed crash when talking to RNPC with low romantic influence (1st reported here by frepyou)
  • Fixed crash when meeting an RNPC at the pool, with nude swimwear set as school dresscode (another bug the dev forgot to fix when releasing a new version)
  • Fixed swimsuit not matching the actual breast size of the RNPC after setting a list of eligible swimsuits for school dresscode (yet another old bug)
A note on swimsuit dresscode: If you never touch the swimsuit dresscode setting when offered by yuki, everything is fine. Then you set the school to always skinny dipping. That's fine too, the patch fix that problem. However, if you then got tired and set the dresscode to require a swimsuit again, the girls won't listen, and always go skinny dipping. This is because the list of eligible swimsuits are empty, so you must add several swimsuits to the list from the dresscode editor. Why is this so convoluted? Cos the dev in their infinite wisdom code it this way :mad:

I'm just too lazy to streamline the process cos that require a major rewrite on several parts of the code.

In a way, I feel sorry for the Patreon backers, esprecially those who are on the top tier. At best, they're paying for features written in untested code, which works sometimes or crippled in some way.
ok itz after patching it crashed
this it the crash note

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 287, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Full traceback:
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Sun Jan 29 14:00:22 2023

hope that helps

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
ok itz after patching it crashed
this it the crash note

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "J:\New folder\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Sun Jan 29 14:00:22 2023

hope that helps
The error most likely because the game couldn't locate "game\script.rpy" when initializing the game. Could you verify the folder structure. Here's the original game structure:
capture_001_29012023_164947.png

The following is what the structure looks like after extracting the patch but prior running it:
capture_002_29012023_165041.png

And here's after running the patch:
capture_004_29012023_165416.png

After patching, open the "game" folder. There should be many "*.rpy" and "*.rpyc" files. Verify if "script.rpy" exists. The crash indicates that it cannot find the resource it needs, which might be caused by something wrong with the folder structure.

The patch explicitly test for "game\script.rpy" existance. The fact that it runs without a hitch means the file exists.

Try deleting the "game" folder, then rename the "__game" folder to "game". Try running the game. This is the game in it's original state.

Then, delete the "xm_files" folder, and run "xm_patch.py". This will only extract the game files, but no patching occured. Try to run the game again.

Reactions: Mmmh994

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
i downloaded the game twice now (gofile, mega) and neither of them had the "game\script.rpy" file in it.
do i need to get the file from somewhere else or what am i missing here?
Originally, you won't see "game\script.rpy" because it is packed inside "game\archive.rpa". The way I'm patching the game for crashes is to edit the files inside "archive.rpa", so it needs to be extracted. If you run my patch, but removing the "xm_files" folder beforehand (found in my patch zipfile), the patch will only extract "archive.rpa", while making backup of the original files in "__game" folder.

After extraction, the "game" folder will be filled with what is originally packed inside "archive.rpa", while the original "archive.rpa" is moved to the "__game" folder. Now you can find the "game\script.rpy" file. See the screenshot on this post for an illustration of what the "game" folder looks like after extraction (note, the "_foo" and "xmmod" folder in that screenshot are my own workfiles).

The game runs fine whether the files are packed in "archive.rpa", or in it's extracted form. There's no need to re-pack the extracted files into "archive.rpa" for the game to function, as long as they are put in the "game" folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gojii

ObeX

Jun 13, 2019
Originally, you won't see "game\script.rpy" because it is packed inside "game\archive.rpa". The way I'm patching the game for crashes is to edit the files inside "archive.rpa", so it needs to be extracted. If you run my patch, but removing the "xm_files" folder beforehand (found in my patch zipfile), the patch will only extract "archive.rpa", while making backup of the original files in "__game" folder.

After extraction, the "game" folder will be filled with what is originally packed inside "archive.rpa", while the original "archive.rpa" is moved to the "__game" folder. Now you can find the "game\script.rpy" file. See the screenshot on this post for an illustration of what the "game" folder looks like after extraction (note, the "_foo" and "xmmod" folder in that screenshot are my own workfiles).

The game runs fine whether the files are packed in "archive.rpa", or in it's extracted form. There's no need to re-pack the extracted files into "archive.rpa" for the game to function, as long as they are put in the "game" folder.
at first i went down a rabbit hole about python not working due to the microsoft store.. because of that i was a little bit confused at first but then realised that the file is supposed to be there after the install.
i went looking for it without running the patch.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
What is the strange-looking amulet from the temple doing?
Give 10 points boost to all player stats.

If you want to abuse it, buy 1, then open the console and enter this code:
Code:
amulet4 = 0
Then you can buy it again, gaining another 10 points boost. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Gojii and Gig1984

lawlow

Feb 9, 2020
The error most likely because the game couldn't locate "game\script.rpy" when initializing the game. Could you verify the folder structure. Here's the original game structure:
View attachment 2348386

The following is what the structure looks like after extracting the patch but prior running it:
View attachment 2348387

View attachment 2348390

After patching, open the "game" folder. There should be many "*.rpy" and "*.rpyc" files. Verify if "script.rpy" exists. The crash indicates that it cannot find the resource it needs, which might be caused by something wrong with the folder structure.

The patch explicitly test for "game\script.rpy" existance. The fact that it runs without a hitch means the file exists.

Try deleting the "game" folder, then rename the "__game" folder to "game". Try running the game. This is the game in it's original state.

Then, delete the "xm_files" folder, and run "xm_patch.py". This will only extract the game files, but no patching occured. Try to run the game again.
:Hello there Mr N1ck
we appreciate your efforts

however it sadens me to inform you that your solutions has been in fane for me
it didn't fix the problem that was posted by the perior fella.

is there something i can do to enjoy your mindcardt as such my handycarft would?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
how to invite npc to the club? I don't see any option.
You need to progress in Yuki and Ayano storyline, until you're assigned as the deputy head of the occult club, and do the festival. This also unlocks the ability to ask yuki or ayano (but not both) to move in with the player. However, doing that will bar progress with Azumi (but you can always edit the code to get around that ;))

Mmmh994

Dec 30, 2019
View attachment 2348386

View attachment 2348387

View attachment 2348390

thx for the response, i run it again from a fresh copy, only this time i waited for 5 mins b4 i started patching and it worked some how lol, i don't know what happened from b4 but thx for answering and providing help ^.^

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
:Hello there Mr N1ck
we appreciate your efforts

however it sadens me to inform you that your solutions has been in fane for me
it didn't fix the problem that was posted by the perior fella.

is there something i can do to enjoy your mindcardt as such my handycarft would?
Uh, if I understand correctly, you still encounter problem with the fix I've posted. Can you post the error message along with a savegame where you encounter the problem?

KuroKiHime

May 3, 2019
You need to progress in Yuki and Ayano storyline, until you're assigned as the deputy head of the occult club, and do the festival. This also unlocks the ability to ask yuki or ayano (but not both) to move in with the player. However, doing that will bar progress with Azumi (but you can always edit the code to get around that ;))
i opened this but i really don't know how to use it?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
i opened this but i really don't know how to use it?
You need to recruit / invite NPC to the club first. Then, all NPC which are members of the club will be listed there, and you can assgin each of them various tasks, i.e. cleaning the club room, working on projects / festival, etc.

Also, if Meiko is in the blackmail route, you'll find her listed after you force her to abandon her position as the head of the swimming club to join the occult club. You can assign her "duties" here (mostly sexual).

If you look at the bottom right, there's "festival / project readiness". You need to bring those up to 100%, preferably before friday each week, so you can increase the club's popularity. At the top, there's the "statistics" tab, which you can use to see the club's standing among other clubs. The goal is to bring the occult club to the top of the list. The club's popularity is needed to advance Yuki's storyline (need 500+ popularity to date Yuki).

The "device club" tab is where you can buy amenities to boost the club stats.

For some reason, you can't assign Ayano any task, but since she's the president of the club ...

The player can also help with projects, festival, and business/management of the club, which usually takes 1 hour per task. Such task can only taken twice a day. But since you insist, you can reset how many times the player has taken club tasks by entering this in the console:
Code:
occult_club_activity_glgg = 0
Then you can spam the task infinitely, limited only by time and energy.

If you need to reset the time cos you want to spam club tasks infinitely, if you're using my patch, you can use this in the console:
Code:
xc.time = 8.0
That will reset the time to 8:00. Actually, you can use it to set the clock to anything, i.e. to set the clock to 16:37, use
Code:
xc.time = 16.37

lawlow

Feb 9, 2020
View attachment 2348386

View attachment 2348387

View attachment 2348390

i have the same erorr code as the guy you answered to
plus while patching i go this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i can run the game normally though
even after renaming the _game to game

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
i have the same erorr code as the guy you answered to
plus while patching i go this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i can run the game normally though
even after renaming the _game to game
There's a lot of "RESTART" messages in the error message. Did you run the patch 3 times?

Also, it seemed that the patch runs under python interpreter, did you double-click "xm_patch.py" in the explorer?

I see you're running python v3.11.1, while I'm on v3.10.5. Might be python change the run procedure when running under explorer.

Try using the command prompt instead:
1. press Win+R, then type "cmd" and click "OK". That'll open the command prompt
2. type in this commands:
Code:
d:
cd \GAames\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win
python xm_patch.py
If that also fails, use the attached "xm_patch.zip". Extract it and place "xm_patch.cmd" to where "school.exe" and "extractrpa.py" from my patch reside. Use a pristine copy of the game. You can then double-click the "*.cmd" file from the explorer. I made it especially verbose to detect any problem.

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 50 Votes