Ren'Py School Game [v0.954 Fix 5] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes

BeenSolong

May 31, 2021
There is a solution, however, if you don't mind the work.

1. Download and install python 3 from the official site. If you're on linux, chances are you already have python 3 installed. We need this so we can extract the archive.rpa file.

2. After installing python, use the supplied "extractrpa.txt" to extract "archive.rpa" in the "game" directory. Let's assume you're installing the game in "C:\School" directory, do this in the command prompt:
Code:
c:
cd School\game
python extractrpa.txt x archive.rpa _foo
What this does is extracting "archive.rpa" to "C:\School\game\_foo" directory.

Why "extractrpa.txt"? Cos the damn forum engine only allow uploading "*.rpy" and blocked "*.py".

3. Move "archive.rpa" to other location, so it won't interfere with the game loading process.

4. Move the contents of "C:\School\game\_foo" directory back into "C:\School\game". DO NOT overwrite existing files. This is important, because any existing files supplied with the game are intended to override "archive.rpa", and we must preserve this.

5. Copy the supplied room.rpy into "C:\School\game\location", OVERWRITE existing file. This will solve the online PC market problem.

6. Copy the supplied "npc_after_fight.rpy" into "C:\School\game\mods\npc", overwrite existing file. This will solve the game sometimes crash after a fight problem.

7. That's it, load the game.

Why this convoluted process? Because in older renpy version (up to v6.x), one can place the modified code and it will override the one inside "archive.rpa", much like how Bethesda's Elder Scroll games (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim) work. With newer versions (v7x up), doing the same process will crash the game, with the engine whining about "duplicate definition". Dunno why the change of behavior, but now to fix bugs ourselves means running the game without the supplied "archive.rpa", which in my cynical mind means market capture by game developers facilitated by renpy's developer. Gamers now must suck the collective teats of the dev for every hand out, for every fixes of bugs they themselves make (notice I said "make", not "made"). Yeah, I'm cynical that way :D
instruction unclear... this file is a mess now...

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Yup, I encountered another bug.
View attachment 2318067 Maybe it's worth to wait until the devs fix it all
I haven't encountered this bug yet. What are you doing in-game when the crash occur?

Mind you, there are many, many bugs I've encountered so far, apart from the online market and after fight crashes. The following are the ones I'm able to hack/fix them:
  1. Crash when talking to the head bully in the abandoned factory
  2. Crash when opening the school dress code editor for the 1st time if tutorial is on
  3. Crash when talking to NPC at the pool if the swimsuits are banned in the school dress code
  4. Crash when talking to NPC if they're in the middle of fooling around with another NPC
  5. Random crash when opening the perks menu after buying a perk
  6. Random crash when opening the player stats page
  7. Talking to any NPC leads to the NPC invited to home screen after Yuki date event
The following are things I modified cos I couldn't understand the logic behind the listed behavior:
  1. Asking an NPC to become MC's girlfriend can only succeed if the MC has interacted with them fewer than 50 times. Any menu item you selected when talking to the NPC counts as 1 interaction
  2. The MC can only control where to cum in a sex scene if his sex experience is low. The higher the sex experience, the more he can't control it.

instruction unclear... this file is a mess now...
Huh, this is what I got in my system:
capture_001_18012023_052208_00.jpg
Mind you, the xmmod folder is my own extra code, mainly to patch the japanese name list cos the default have funky spelling, and an exploratory code.

How about these steps:
  1. get a fresh copy of the game
  2. backup the 'game' folder, move it somewhere else and/or rename it to something else
  3. move the "archive.rpa" to the folder where the game *.exe is
  4. put "extract.txt" in the same folder as step #3
  5. run this at the folder from step #3
Code:
python extractrpa.txt x archive.rpa game
You should now have a "game" folder similar to the screenshot above, minus the "xmmod" folder

Now lastly, copy the contents of the backup in step #3 to the new "game" folder from step #5, overwriting any existing files.

For save measure, move "archive.rpa" to the backup folder from step #2.

Try run the game. If there's successfull, then copy in the rpy files I've posted to the "game" folder, then reload the game.

BeenSolong

May 31, 2021
I haven't encountered this bug yet. What are you doing in-game when the crash occur?

Mind you, there are many, many bugs I've encountered so far, apart from the online market and after fight crashes. The following are the ones I'm able to hack/fix them:
  2. Crash when opening the school dress code editor for the 1st time if tutorial is on
  3. Crash when talking to NPC at the pool if the swimsuits are banned in the school dress code
  4. Crash when talking to NPC if they're in the middle of fooling around with another NPC
  7. Talking to any NPC leads to the NPC invited to home screen after Yuki date event
The following are things I modified cos I couldn't understand the logic behind the listed behavior:
  1. Asking an NPC to become MC's girlfriend can only succeed if the MC has interacted with them fewer than 50 times. Any menu item you selected when talking to the NPC counts as 1 interaction
  2. The MC can only control where to cum in a sex scene if his sex experience is low. The higher the sex experience, the more he can't control it.

Huh, this is what I got in my system:
View attachment 2319052
Mind you, the xmmod folder is my own extra code, mainly to patch the japanese name list cos the default have funky spelling, and an exploratory code.

How about these steps:
  1. get a fresh copy of the game
  2. backup the 'game' folder, move it somewhere else and/or rename it to something else
  3. move the "archive.rpa" to the folder where the game *.exe is
  4. put "extract.txt" in the same folder as step #3
  5. run this at the folder from step #3
Code:
python extractrpa.txt x archive.rpa game
You should now have a "game" folder similar to the screenshot above, minus the "xmmod" folder

Now lastly, copy the contents of the backup in step #3 to the new "game" folder from step #5, overwriting any existing files.

For save measure, move "archive.rpa" to the backup folder from step #2.

Try run the game. If there's successfull, then copy in the rpy files I've posted to the "game" folder, then reload the game.
thank you, the game is now working properly.

Wakaba707

Jul 16, 2017

I was using the android version of the game. I'm currently using joiplay.
The official android version (936) is bugged, when npc got raped or groped and when opening online market.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I was using the android version of the game. I'm currently using joiplay.
The official android version (936) is bugged, when npc got raped or groped and when opening online market.
I assume the NPC got raped or groped by other NPC. If so, I've hacked the PC version so it wouldn't crash. The problem lies on the other NPC that doing the raping / groping are not properly selected / recorded by the game engine, so when the game tries to display the scene, it got null pointer instead, which leads to the crash.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how the Android version work/load the game assets, or even if it uses the same archive.rpa like the PC version.

Reactions: Wakaba707

Wakaba707

Jul 16, 2017
I assume the NPC got raped or groped by other NPC. If so, I've hacked the PC version so it wouldn't crash. The problem lies on the other NPC that doing the raping / groping are not properly selected / recorded by the game engine, so when the game tries to display the scene, it got null pointer instead, which leads to the crash.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how the Android version work/load the game assets, or even if it uses the same archive.rpa like the PC version.
It's okay bud, maybe I'm just waiting for the next version for free or collecting money in order to become support to enjoy the latest version faster :D

zxceblan21

Jun 11, 2022
Why fix this?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/location/room.rpy", line 3314, in execute
  File "game/location/room.rpy", line 3319, in execute
  File "game/location/room.rpy", line 3337, in execute
  File "game/location/room.rpy", line 3337, in <module>
NameError: name 'rubber_vagin' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "location/room.rpyc", line 2490, in script
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in <lambda>
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
School 0.936
Tue Jan 24 15:30:13 2023

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Why fix this?

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "location/room.rpyc", line 2490, in script
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in interact_core
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in <lambda>
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Games\School-0.936-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
School 0.936
It's been mentioned a few times already but there is a typo in the code. You can either wait for it to be fixed or you can try to have a go and fix it yourself. It's not exactly straightfoward but the instructions are somewhere in the last few pages I believe.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Why fix this?

Code:

While running game code:
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
School 0.936
See this post

Wooho272

Mar 2, 2020
Released 0.937 version

Post with the release on the patreon

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: n1ck and No-Nonon

Yasaki74

Aug 21, 2020
1674848301799.png
:v
wierd bug
edit: found the bug when I tried to import and export characters
I have to create a new game, import the characters and change the faces on each girls and gals (noted that only eyes section and face shape got affected)
Plus the game is also sexist because It would show an error message when I tried to choose a male editor (sometime this happens)

Last edited:

triffids

Jul 4, 2021
New events with Yuki Oota have been changed and redesigned to meet current standards: now you can play the character of your personage with the help of large choices. If before that you didn't like his character, prescribed at the very beginning, then now you can safely move away from him and play something else.
Is the patch notes google translated?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Released 0.937 version

PC Version
Android Version
MAC Version

Post with the release on the patreon
SchoolGame-0.937Bugfix2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
Thanks for these. Will try out.

Last edited:

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018

While running game code:
File "game/mods/npc_main.rpy", line 1305, in <module>
File "game/system/function_library.rpy", line 4464, in ladies_man_perk
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable

Full traceback:
File "mods/npc_main.rpyc", line 1305, in script
File "E:\arpggames\unfinished\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\arpggames\unfinished\School-0.937-win_BugFix2\School-0.937-win\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
School 0.937
Sat Jan 28 07:04:48 2023

first girl i talk to never ending loop of this crap

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

While running game code:

first girl i talk to never ending loop of this crap
Could you be more specific about what you did prior the crash. I couldn't reproduce it. Did you load a savegame from previous version?

who can give me patreon code for v0.937
Not much good there, I'm afraid. The game connects to the dev server and validate your entered email against their list of patrons. Then the server notify the game what level of patron you are.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
So, the 0.937 bugfix2 still has old bugs unfixed. Even the Patreon only content is buggy. Didn't the dev test their own code before release ??? :devilish:

Haven't tested all my old bug fixes against this new version, but thought I share what I have on unlocking patreon only game controls.

So, what this patch do?
  • Unlocks a new page (page 7) in the new game menu, which you can fine-tune how the RNPC are generated, as well as having the ability to set half of the female RNPC as futas.
  • Unlocks the "cheat console" menu at home room
  • Unlocks additional icon when opening the phone, which also opens the "cheat console"
  • Fix the ass-backwards logic that the more you have sexual experience, the less you can control your cum
  • Fix the RNPC always have 50:50 chance of liking your creampie, now depends on the RNPC depravity
  • A little english translation mod to make the school dresscode editor more legible (at least for me)
  • Make the japanese name more legible rather than using cyrillic romanization
  • Importing my fix to hooligan leader dialog bug leading to crash (still unfixed from the last version)
I'm holding my other bugfixes from the last version (0.936) as I haven't got time to test them yet.

So how to use this fix. I hope this is simpler than my older fixes.
  1. Install the latest python (python v3.6+ will do)
  2. Extract the attachment and place it in the game folder. Make sure that "xm_patch.py" is in the same folder as the game executable
  3. You can theoretically just double-click the "xm_patch.py" and wait for it to finish, but I do suggest running it from the command line to see if anything goes "boom".
To run the patch from command line, browse to the game folder where "xm_patch.py" reside, open the command line there, then type:
Code:
python xm_patch.py
Wait for it to finish (or explode), and that's it.

Mmmh994

Dec 30, 2019
So, the 0.937 bugfix2 still has old bugs unfixed. Even the Patreon only content is buggy. Didn't the dev test their own code before release ??? :devilish:

Haven't tested all my old bug fixes against this new version, but thought I share what I have on unlocking patreon only game controls.

So, what this patch do?
  • Unlocks a new page (page 7) in the new game menu, which you can fine-tune how the RNPC are generated, as well as having the ability to set half of the female RNPC as futas.
  • Unlocks the "cheat console" menu at home room
  • Unlocks additional icon when opening the phone, which also opens the "cheat console"
  • Fix the ass-backwards logic that the more you have sexual experience, the less you can control your cum
  • Fix the RNPC always have 50:50 chance of liking your creampie, now depends on the RNPC depravity
  • A little english translation mod to make the school dresscode editor more legible (at least for me)
  • Make the japanese name more legible rather than using cyrillic romanization
  • Importing my fix to hooligan leader dialog bug leading to crash (still unfixed from the last version)
I'm holding my other bugfixes from the last version (0.936) as I haven't got time to test them yet.

So how to use this fix. I hope this is simpler than my older fixes.
  1. Install the latest python (python v3.6+ will do)
  2. Extract the attachment and place it in the game folder. Make sure that "xm_patch.py" is in the same folder as the game executable
  3. You can theoretically just double-click the "xm_patch.py" and wait for it to finish, but I do suggest running it from the command line to see if anything goes "boom".
To run the patch from command line, browse to the game folder where "xm_patch.py" reside, open the command line there, then type:
Code:
python xm_patch.py
Wait for it to finish (or explode), and that's it.
exploded lol says could not find start

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
Could you be more specific about what you did prior the crash. I couldn't reproduce it. Did you load a savegame from previous version?
i just started a new game
i cheated money up to 200k or 300k went to temple bought 1 charm of each
went to market to work then jogged twice at park and tried to talk to one girl
then got that and i tried roll back and ignore but those did not work

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes