Ren'Py School Game [v0.954] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There also seem to be some sprite errors, one of the hairs is off center and sometimes there is an off center black male suit overlayed on top of girl models, blocking them.

EDIT: Doggy style is also still completely bugged out, multiple errors in a row. Missionary is the only one that works well enough to not avoid random NPC sex and any time I cum it errors.

Last edited:

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
There is a huge mistake to the changelog of 0.930b. According to the update page in itch.io, it is from 0.931.

If anyone has bought the 0.931 please upload it.

Last edited:

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
I do not understand the controls.
How do I even sleep or eat? How do I earn money?
By entering the cafeteria I can admire it.
But how do I interact with anything?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I just wanna fuck the bully leader, is that too much to ask for?
Yes, since whoever the game decides it is out of the random NPCs is not willing to do it and cannot be beaten without REALLY cheating your stats to heights that would take real world months to get without the cheats, which are going to be patron only enforced by internet connection starting next actual update (not counting urgent bug fixes).

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
Yes, since whoever the game decides it is out of the random NPCs is not willing to do it and cannot be beaten without REALLY cheating your stats to heights that would take real world months to get without the cheats, which are going to be patron only enforced by internet connection starting next actual update (not counting urgent bug fixes).
I didn't ask for perfectly valid reasons and logical explanations.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
So, the codes/cheats would require internet in the next update. But, would the old codes still work or it would be just authenticated automatically through patreon?

I mean the game is grindy and even if you break the stats, it wouldn't be enough since you still needed to get money and do the quests normally.

At least even without the cheats; You can still change the average starting stats of the RNPC's. And maybe change their stats manually altogether. (Haven't checked yet if you can so take it as an opinion)

Reactions: sakuzuda

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So, the codes/cheats would require internet in the next update. But, would the old codes still work or it would be just authenticated automatically through patreon?

I mean the game is grindy and even if you break the stats, it wouldn't be enough since you still needed to get money and do the quests normally.

At least even without the cheats; You can still change the average starting stats of the RNPC's. And maybe change their stats manually altogether. (Haven't checked yet if you can so take it as an opinion)
The old codes will not work, they change the codes every full update, 0.930b is a bug fix update, not a full update, and the new one will not only be different, but will need to pass through their internet authentication and even a valid code will fail if it does not pass their internet authentication.

Based on how they worded it, the way this will happen is that the authenticator will look for code in the game that will tell the authenticator what code is allowed to be used by that version's players, so not the free version and not any version that is not meant to use a higher level code than who it is available to.

So a patron who has access to the comrade code would be able to use the comrade code, but if they try to use the best friend code, even if they enter it correctly, the code will fall. The same can be said for patrons with access to the friend and best friend codes, but the patrons with access to the friend code will be able to use both the comrade and friend codes and a patron with access to the best friend code will have access to all codes.

There is one exception to this online authentication, offline patron versions, which are likely to be heavily guarded as they require no online authentication and would act the same as any version of the game from 0.930b and before. I am hoping beyond hope that someone will be generous enough to supply these.

Reactions: sakuzuda and Suwi

Damnson6996

Nov 12, 2021
Game is total rubbish, how do you even play it? Game play seems to be too complicated and unfun, whats more the pics are taken from other games.
What do you mean? That the screenies do not appear in the game or that it's just stolen from another game and slapped in this one?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What do you mean? That the screenies do not appear in the game or that it's just stolen from another game and slapped in this one?
Art from other places, the art in question are the story characters, which are all from one or more other games. The random NPCs are original and I do believe that the current art for story characters is just a placeholder while they get the final art made.

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
Art from other places, the art in question are the story characters, which are all from one or more other games. The random NPCs are original and I do believe that the current art for story characters is just a placeholder while they get the final art made.
Ok bring it. Tell us which art is stolen from what game. Show the evidence.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I already explained which art, the story characters. Example: Meiko Tsukasa comes from this VN

For the record, I am not the one who is making the claim, I am only answering when it is asked about because someone else made it earlier in the thread. I personally don't care if the game uses art from other games and I don't consider it stealing when developers pull whatever image from Google they find or however Sloths Command got Meiko. I only consider it stealing if the specific game was targeted.

The use of preexisting assets as placeholders is a common practice in the non-AAA side of development when there are plans for the entire game to have custom assets, hence what I said before.

Also for the record, I am NOT going to unren my copy of 0.930b just to provide evidence to back a claim I did not make. The only image available to me without unren is Meiko since she has a preview image in the first post of the thread, which I can use SauceNAO to search the URL of without going through the mess of using unren.

Last edited:

Stonkss

Lead dev in LegalGames
Game Developer
Oct 18, 2020
I'm sorry for meddling but... here's you evidence:

and

I personally see nothing wrong with borrowing sprites and CGs from other games. Regardless of devs' plans to redraw or keep them. Games like that are about story, gameplay, character interactions and engagement. Art is secondary IMO. I can even recall other games with borrowed art. And good ones: Haramase Simulator and Brothel King. It's not the size art that matters it's how you use it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

and

I personally see nothing wrong with borrowing sprites and CGs from other games. Regardless of devs' plans to redraw or keep them. Games like that are about story, gameplay, character interactions and engagement. Art is secondary IMO. I can even recall other games with borrowed art. And good ones: Haramase Simulator and Brothel King. It's not the size art that matters it's how you use it.
Agreed, especially when used as something to satisfy the code when it needs an image to fill the role of an image that has its file path named down to the file name of the image. There are cases in both Renpy and my main language, Visual Basic, that directly call a file and need a file in the exact path where it is being called from or it WILL throw errors, ones that are fatal, meaning guaranteed crashing, in Visual Basic.

I do believe that the characters listed in these VNDB links are being used as placeholders as the precedent set by the random NPCs suggests that story NPCs will be replaced eventually. I could be wrong, of course, but I'll trust my gut here.

However, art is not a high priority at this stage, they have MAJOR bugs to kill and that needs to come first alongside the rest of the actual groundwork.

Nicely done on the evidence, by the way. I only had Meiko's image to go off of because the images are packed into Renpy archive files and I wasn't going to go through the trouble just to prove a point I didn't make.

Last edited:

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
I already explained which art, the story characters. Example: Meiko Tsukasa comes from this VN

For the record, I am not the one who is making the claim, I am only answering when it is asked about because someone else made it earlier in the thread. I personally don't care if the game uses art from other games and I don't consider it stealing when developers pull whatever image from Google they find or however Sloths Command got Meiko. I only consider it stealing if the specific game was targeted.

The use of preexisting assets as placeholders is a common practice in the non-AAA side of development when there are plans for the entire game to have custom assets, hence what I said before.

Also for the record, I am NOT going to unren my copy of 0.930b just to provide evidence to back a claim I did not make. The only image available to me without unren is Meiko since she has a preview image in the first post of the thread, which I can use SauceNAO to search the URL of without going through the mess of using unren.
Surprising. That is a solid evidence, for real.

Reactions: alex2011

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018

and

I see. That is another solid evidence.

I don't think it is legal to... 'steal' the characters. But on fhe other hand, I am developing an SFW Pokemon game. This is a bit dilemmatic.

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes