Ren'Py School Game [v0.954] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I gotta ask btw, what's the most recent version that's not hopelessly busted like the most recent ones are? Game was fine for the most part about half a year ago as best I remember.
v0.929, I think. It was way back at this point.

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
I gotta ask btw, what's the most recent version that's not hopelessly busted like the most recent ones are? Game was fine for the most part about half a year ago as best I remember.
Besides the one alex2011 pointed, you can also try the fixed version v0.937 BugFix2 XMPatch R3 by n1ck.
https://f95zone.to/threads/school-game-v0-943-sloths-command.48601/post-10013147
If you can't make his patch work, I've uploaded a patched version. (Credits to n1ck for the patch)
Also be sure to delete the "RenPy" folder on "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming" to avoid loading saves from different game version.
Patreon Codes for this version is included as textfile. Though n1ck's patch already makes this unnecessary.
-
15436548769.jpg

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Besides the one alex2011 pointed, you can also try the fixed version v0.937 BugFix2 XMPatch R3 by n1ck.
https://f95zone.to/threads/school-game-v0-943-sloths-command.48601/post-10013147
If you can't make his patch work, I've uploaded a patched version. MEGA (Credits to n1ck for the patch)
Also be sure to delete the "RenPy" folder on "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming" to avoid loading saves from different game version.
Patrean Codes for this version is included as textfile. Though n1ck's patch already makes this unnecessary.
-
View attachment 2840907
The image in your comment brings up another question I'll have to wait to see answered because it will take implementation of something in game.

The fact that she is referring to a pair of panties on her body doesn't line up with the fact that she visibly isn't wearing any. There are two ways to fix this, one they could implement some lines of dialogue for whatever stat combination causes the disappearance assuming it is even working as intended, which has a very low probability since we haven't gone a single update without some sort of bug for a while now, or two they could figure out was is causing the visible disappearance and fix it on the sprite side assuming this is not working as intended.

The question that comes to mind is if they will fix it and how they will if they do. It will be interesting to find out the answer.

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
The image in your comment brings up another question I'll have to wait to see answered because it will take implementation of something in game.
The fact that she is referring to a pair of panties on her body doesn't line up with the fact that she visibly isn't wearing any.
Sorry, It's not a bug. I have her not wear any underwear via Rules. You can set that for individual random npc, but needs to have high relations.
-
453265365.jpg

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sorry, It's not a bug. I have her not wear any underwear via Rules. You can set that for individual random npc, but needs to have high relations.
-
View attachment 2843132
Yes, but it is still referencing wearing them, so that tells me something isn't working as intended either because of a bug or because of a lack of implemented dialogue for that situation.

My own copy, in every version, does the same thing and that's without setting the rules to tell her not to wear them because I get errors before I get far enough for her to let me.

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
Yes, but it is still referencing wearing them, so that tells me something isn't working as intended either because of a bug or because of a lack of implemented dialogue for that situation.

My own copy, in every version, does the same thing and that's without setting the rules to tell her not to wear them because I get errors before I get far enough for her to let me.
Because that dialogue is just one of the npc's lines from their generic dialogue pool. The game does not check if the npc are wearing them or not.
So you could say not a bug but an oversight. "lack of implemented dialogue for that situation" indeed.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Because that dialogue is just one of the npc's lines from their generic dialogue pool. The game does not check if the npc are wearing them or not.
So you could say not a bug but an oversight. "lack of implemented dialogue for that situation" indeed.
I agree, this one I do think is not a bug in the same sense we see all the time in other parts of the game, but something just not implemented. Relatively easy to get out of by adding lines to the same pool that reference the lack of anything there along with adding a simple check, basically a true or false check on the state of underwear at the time of the line. This would bring variety as well as avoiding the awkward instances of showing off panties that aren't there since she would then be saying something talking about not wearing any. To go further, it could even reference whether it was by the player's rules settings, which would be another true or false check to see if the rule is active and some little bits added to the lines about not wearing any underwear that mention something about following the player's demands or whatever they are considered.

Uteriel

Jul 22, 2021
I agree, this one I do think is not a bug in the same sense we see all the time in other parts of the game, but something just not implemented. Relatively easy to get out of by adding lines to the same pool that reference the lack of anything there along with adding a simple check, basically a true or false check on the state of underwear at the time of the line. This would bring variety as well as avoiding the awkward instances of showing off panties that aren't there since she would then be saying something talking about not wearing any. To go further, it could even reference whether it was by the player's rules settings, which would be another true or false check to see if the rule is active and some little bits added to the lines about not wearing any underwear that mention something about following the player's demands or whatever they are considered.
a stats/perks check would also be nice in that instance.
cause rn you have even the most shy rnpc´s walking around half naked for no reason.
which completely destroys the supposed realistic scenario of the game.
its also quite weird how rnpc´s give bj´s regardless of time or place.
i had it happen more than once that a girl would suck off a guy in the middle of the mall or even in the classrooms with other people around.
in many cases when i checked the female npc´s stats afterwards they had "introvert" and/or "touch me not" making it even weirder.

needless to say there are a lot of things missing in this game on top of all the bugs.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
a stats/perks check would also be nice in that instance.
cause rn you have even the most shy rnpc´s walking around half naked for no reason.
which completely destroys the supposed realistic scenario of the game.
its also quite weird how rnpc´s give bj´s regardless of time or place.
i had it happen more than once that a girl would suck off a guy in the middle of the mall or even in the classrooms with other people around.
in many cases when i checked the female npc´s stats afterwards they had "introvert" and/or "touch me not" making it even weirder.

needless to say there are a lot of things missing in this game on top of all the bugs.
True, I haven't compared the logical interactions of anything else, but I'm sure there are probably some between those as well that would call for variations in the dialogue. The whole 'everybody is walking around dressed less than their character setup suggests' thing doesn't make much sense.

The glasses make sense both before and after the upgrade, those are supposed to make the girls walk around in their underwear or naked respectively without them knowing you can see that, so that would make sense for them not saying anything.

It's only the times when they do that skirt holding pose when you first interact and they specifically mention underwear that it doesn't make sense to not see any and doesn't make sense for them to mention underwear if they were told not to wear them in the rules. They should know they aren't wearing any at that point.

I think the BJs are implied to be in a hidden part of the place like behind a building or tree in the park, so this can make sense. I haven't gotten BJs to work without a traceback error since they were first added, though, so I can't remember exactly what it says. Doing it in a place with nowhere to hide makes no sense, though, like the mall or classrooms. Those classrooms may have desks, but those desks won't hide a person doing stuff like that from a bunch of other people. Classrooms do make sense when alone, though, or maybe when you are the only other person. The 'introvert' and 'touch me not' part tells me this is also a lack of implementation. It may or may not be a future planned addition to those that they will actually not do those things.

Hik9

Oct 9, 2022
If you can't make his patch work, I've uploaded a patched version. MEGA (Credits to n1ck for the patch)
Patreon Codes for this version is included as textfile. Though n1ck's patch already makes this unnecessary.
-
View attachment 2840907
Mobile when?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Mobile when?
Probably once they can properly focus on porting the game to mobile if ever. As it is now, the focus needs to be on fixing the multiple pages worth list of bugs that have been around for several versions, especially the game breaking ones.

For now, you could try using Joiplay to play the Windows version on mobile. This is typically how Renpy games are played on mobile when there isn't a dedicated mobile version.

Reactions: Hik9

widzemni

Mar 17, 2022
crack for 0.923 bugfix5

use any email as a patreon code, for example 1@1.com

replace persistent.py in School-game/renpy
Currently on 0.943 BugFix30 it doesn't work. It is eternally stuck on connecting after replacing the persistent.py file and using a random <email>@<host> as the Patreon code. The persistent file gets loaded correctly as you can call the methods from persistent via the dev console.
As the original persistent.py is obfuscated with pyarmor (probably with a license), I couldn't deobfuscate it with my current tools and skillset. Rewriting some of the methods in the original persistent.py file live via the console didn't bring any success either. This is mostly due to me not having a clue when and where the persistent.py methods are called. My guess is that it's probably done in the game.py file... which is also obfuscated with pyarmor.
The next step would be to inject some python and dump the (unobfuscated) .pyc files and try to reverse engineer from there. Or maybe you could make some magic happen with the dev console at hand and dump those files that way. Or I am completely on the wrong path with these ideas. Anyway, I am completely over my head now, so I hope kakademon will save us all.

When you get the infinite connecting, just exit the game and open it again.

Last edited:

RogerEtSesHumains

Nov 17, 2021
0.944 (BugFix4) - Did it really became worse than before with a "QA" team ?...

15d late and 4 bugfix, here it is
MEGA link from my account, files downloaded from the official links
( - )

(latest)
The mac version is stuck to BugFix 2, don't ask me why, I'm not the dev
(Please tell me if it gets down)

Can't share my Patreon code but the updated crack from kakademon should work fine, please tell me if it doesn't and I'll update my comment
(Comment of the crack from Kakademon)

As the crack doesn't work anymore, you could try using the emails available in the list of patreons supporter (inside the main menu), there's probably 2/3 in the list
I will test them in the week

(Comments with previous leaks from me won't work, I sadly don't have unlimited Mega storage)

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

( - )

MEGA folder (BugFix4) (latest)

Can't share my Patreon code but the updated crack from kakademon should work fine, please tell me if it doesn't and I'll update my comment

(Comments with previous leaks from me won't work, I sadly don't have unlimited Mega storage)
Wait, are you saying that these newer updates have a QA team or that the old ones did?

Clearly, if the QA team was introduced later, they need to be fired for making far too many mistakes. There shouldn't be any hard feelings, that's just business, you get rid of anything that is a threat to development. In any business, a person who fails at their job is a threat. One or two minor issues getting through is basically guaranteed since QA testers are human and prone to making mistakes by the nature of being human. The game being filled with traceback errors and some of those traceback errors being so large that it takes an hour or more to click ignore through all of it or even just outright unending, causing the game to become unplayable, is the kind of thing that would have AAA QA testers out of a job. Especially after multiple cases of this happening, a lot of them in consecutive versions.

Uteriel

Jul 22, 2021
im pretty sure the game had testers for a while.
otherwise there wouldnt be pages of bug fixes alongside every update. (not like those bug fixes actualy do anything to make the game more playable)
im just not sure if the devs even care anymore at this point and just release new updates in the least playable state to shut up complaints from thair patreons.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
im pretty sure the game had testers for a while.
otherwise there wouldnt be pages of bug fixes alongside every update. (not like those bug fixes actualy do anything to make the game more playable)
im just not sure if the devs even care anymore at this point and just release new updates in the least playable state to shut up complaints from thair patreons.
That's probably the case, though it is possible that all the devs can see is dollar signs and the largest number of those are coming from people who can't wait for a properly made build.

Jun 21, 2019

( - )

It doesn't work if you put any key it stays trying to connect forever to servers (i delete the save from renpy on roaming before trying)

satoriandy

Aug 29, 2019

( - )

Thank you for the upload!

But it dosn't work for me either. Tries to connect but fails.

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes