Mod Unity Abandoned School, Love & Friends: Incest Restoration Mod [V6] [redknight00]

audioman86

Aug 10, 2017
Ok, I get what you're saying and it makes sense. I'm starting to think this may be a little over my head though. I'm going to keep working on it and play it by ear. I'm fairly sure that because of the changes in 1.6 that the original mod now breaks the game, at least it does for me, and I may not have the knowledge to fix it . Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
The mod is not portable between versions, you gotta redo all changes (that's why i posted a list for that).

audioman86

Aug 10, 2017
I'm still working on it, I'm just having to learn as I go. I'm finding out it's more complicated than a ren'py patch, but I'm learning. I'm just going to start from scatch again and see what I can do.

Reactions: Kajoq

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
That's the annoying thing about doing something like this manually, you have to redo everything for every new game version. That's why I wanted automated way, it requires to find only new strings for new game version, as long as there's no major change... which is exactly what happened in 1.6.

When I have time, I can update the patcher for new format. It would basically mean only leaving out the sanity check for correct string length, but there should be enough characters near strings to make it work reliably. For example, if the search would be for whole string (new version from sharedassets2.assets):
Code:
SAY.Flowchart.14.Nate,,"Maria, my Mom's best friend. She works at the hospital, but i don't remember her
 exact position there. She's nice, she loves her children,
 but she's also tough and strict. She's not someone I should mess with.\n",
it can't have false positives, i.e. accidentally replace only some substring.

But someone still has to find new strings (you can't just blindly replace "friend" with "cousin", it wouldn't be correct in all places). And this is the part I'm too lazy for.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Damn with this abandoned the game is less than trash to me... shame I never even got to see the Maria content... well played Unity... grats on killing another game for me...

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Dont blame unity.... it is Patreons no incest policy that screwed everything up
No, plenty of games went through that transition. Blame Walkius for switching to Unity instead of RenPy to do a slide show game. The data files in Unity are much harder to convert to editable files like you can in RenPy and that is where this is breaking down. We are trying to replace text lines in a binary file where there are other bits of information that need to be adjusted too, but we can't be sure what those adjustments need to be. It is a much more difficult process to do the work correctly when reverse engineering the Unity system and not a lot of work has been done like this that can be drawn upon.

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
No, plenty of games went through that transition. Blame Walkius for switching to Unity instead of RenPy to do a slide show game. The data files in Unity are much harder to convert to editable files like you can in RenPy and that is where this is breaking down. We are trying to replace text lines in a binary file where there are other bits of information that need to be adjusted too, but we can't be sure what those adjustments need to be. It is a much more difficult process to do the work correctly when reverse engineering the Unity system and not a lot of work has been done like this that can be drawn upon.

and yet if Patreon did not have that policy.... walkius would have kept it an incest game...no matter what software he used..... so once again...blame Patreon

Reactions: Dolphin3000

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Here you go you perverts, new patcher. It works with 1.6, but there are changed texts only up to 1.5 (I didn't have time to play new version yet, and when I do, I'm busy with other things anyway ;)). If you come across something that should be incesty but isn't, write it down and post it here. It could work as cooperative project.

A little bit of technical info, new style texts in game files are only few. So only few small changes were required. If author continues with translation, next version will break some texts again. But when it's finished, it should be stable.

Btw, it's not like this game really needs incest patch. You fuck the whole school, and the incest in only very small part of everything. And nothing even builds up on it, there's no taboo vibe or anything. IMHO the only reason to have it is to say "fuck you" to Patreon and their stupid rules. But hey, it's just my opinion.

audioman86

Aug 10, 2017
Here you go you perverts, new patcher. It works with 1.6, but there are changed texts only up to 1.5 (I didn't have time to play new version yet, and when I do, I'm busy with other things anyway ;)). If you come across something that should be incesty but isn't, write it down and post it here. It could work as cooperative project.

A little bit of technical info, new style texts in game files are only few. So only few small changes were required. If author continues with translation, next version will break some texts again. But when it's finished, it should be stable.

Btw, it's not like this game really needs incest patch. You fuck the whole school, and the incest in only very small part of everything. And nothing even builds up on it, there's no taboo vibe or anything. IMHO the only reason to have it is to say "fuck you" to Patreon and their stupid rules. But hey, it's just my opinion.
When I was Working on it, I noticed that their wasn't any update to text needed on level 114, or 115, there wasn't any reference to roommate, or landlady. So it should be good until next update, I'll still try to help, just stepped back for a bit because of other commitments and a little frustration, when I saw how long it was going to take to re-do 115 levels. Thanks for your work smnb.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Yeah, I didn't mean to step on your toes, it's just that the thing already worked and only needed small update. If you want to take over, it's yours. The tool works and only definition file (SLFpatch.dat) updates are needed. It's regular text file, I described the format earlier. New version has support for replacing texts without extra size check, commands (starting characters on line) for that are "~" (old text) and "=" (new text).

audioman86

Aug 10, 2017
Yeah, I didn't mean to step on your toes, it's just that the thing already worked and only needed small update. If you want to take over, it's yours. The tool works and only definition file (SLFpatch.dat) updates are needed. It's regular text file, I described the format earlier. New version has support for replacing texts without extra size check, commands (starting characters on line) for that are "~" (old text) and "=" (new text).
You're not stepping on my toes at all, I have a lot to learn about working with Unity. I'm sure this tool will help greatly and the whole reason I decided to try to take on this project was to help out. Any and all help is appreciated, after all the main goal is to get a working patch, and your knowledge about this subject is obviously is greater than mine. Thanks!

Reactions: Dolphin3000 and t77

Yukino

Donor
Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for your work.
You are right, that this game is not that different without the incest patch but landlady and roommate just sound totally strange to me, when it is clearly your family. It influences feeling of the story in a bad way, so i prefer the patched version.
If a game is set up without incest from the beginning, that is totally fine, but this game isn't.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Thanks for your work.
You are right, that this game is not that different without the incest patch but landlady and roommate just sound totally strange to me, when it is clearly your family. It influences feeling of the story in a bad way, so i prefer the patched version.
If a game is set up without incest from the beginning, that is totally fine, but this game isn't.
Totally agree. The issue is mostly because of the terms being used and not sounding right. I'd be fine with it if it was like "mother's best friend" and "childhood friend" or something like that. But every former incest games went with the Landlady and Roommate route instead of making it seem more "organic". The characters say they've known you for a long time, even without the patch. A "Landlady" wouldn't have known you for a long time.

SevereSlimeShaker

Freelance sperm donor
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
Shame he didn't convert the game to a select your relationship type system
It shouldn't be too much work to add that into the game, I'd say. I'm no game programmer, but it shouldn't take more than a few hours to go through all the written lines to attach a global variable to any place where a relationship is being mentioned.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
It shouldn't be too much work to add that into the game, I'd say. I'm no game programmer, but it shouldn't take more than a few hours to go through all the written lines to attach a global variable to any place where a relationship is being mentioned.
It would be easier if a "leaked" copy of Walkius 's Unity project somehow became available because then we wouldn't have to work with modifying game binaries and we could do the edits the correct way and create a fan made incest mod that was easier to maintain. Unlike you, I have programmed things and in the current state the mod is the best we can do. I have been busy at work and have not been able to spend much time looking into the tools that we could use to get the files into a more user friendly state. And there are tools, as sometimes you might want to swap out the mesh or texture in a 3D game to make them more...interesting.

SevereSlimeShaker

Freelance sperm donor
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
Regardie: I found this thread a while ago. It contains a to a tool to extract Unity Assets. Unless you've already heard of it, maybe worth trying out?