Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
But the updates are pretty big most of the time.
we do not know that, yet. in the old version they were ok monthly. you're right. let's wait.

but even if it's bigger. then 2 months waiting for next update. are your favorite girls not in the update. have you paid, and again wait two months with the hope ... and the game is on your hard drive, and you're nice to wait ... that's just a disappointment. 2 updates from other developers are better for me. but ok so i think. is my personal opinion. and if I have to wait 2 months. I can wait two weeks longer, and it's free to get here. I also have to work and the monthly for my money ...

Reactions: 2040

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
last version only took so long because he switched engines, probably struggled trying to learn how to addapt the game into unity. Before that I think he was delivering every month a new version

This new version seems like it will be pretty big, a lot of characters involved, this alone garantees that development will take longer, not only you have more work to set up a scene depending on how many characters there are in it for obvious reasons, it will be heavier to render as well

and by the way, you should support games that you like, if you are being milked every month and not receiving any updates, it's fair criticism, but he charges per version, so it doesn't matter how long it takes to get a new version

if you stop liking the game for whatever reason them you obviously shouldn't support it anymore

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
last version only took so long because he switched engines, probably struggled trying to learn how to addapt the game into unity. Before that I think he was delivering every month a new version

This new version seems like it will be pretty big, a lot of characters involved, this alone garantees that development will take longer, not only you have more work to set up a scene depending on how many characters there are in it for obvious reasons, it will be heavier to render as well

and by the way, you should support games that you like, if you are being milked every month and not receiving any updates, it's fair criticism, but he charges per version, so it doesn't matter how long it takes to get a new version

if you stop liking the game for whatever reason them you obviously shouldn't support it anymore
before the change of engines, everything was perfect. Good updates and that monthly. His pay system is fair. It's about the 2 month system. With a lot of bad luck, it can happen to you now. that you are waiting for your favorite character 6 months. His work is very good. this is not a question. As a player you want to play and not always wait. And his donors are falling too. is now at 199 and he was over 200 so not only do I think so ...

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
said it before and will no doubt say it again, I prefer a update every 2 months instead of a month, this way am going get a decent amount of new content that will take more time to play, instead of a quick 15 minutes new game play that most monthly updates give, and sometimes it less than 15 minutes.

am more interested in how much game play time there is, rather than amount of new renders there is, which for some reason lot of other game developers seem to prefer announcing new render total.

end of day, if you can't wait 2 months for a new update, then you need to learn some patience, and its fine having your fave characters, we all do. But if you only like certain characters and don't enjoy interacting with all characters, then you probably shouldn't be supporting the game financially.

however if you expect a game developer to deliver every update just for you, then you are always going be disappointed, there will always be an update that you will not like as much, the developer designs game for everyone and not just you.

technically you saving money by supporting this game, as you only pay for each update, instead of a monthly payment.

if you enjoy game and have the money to, support it, its that simple.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
before the change of engines, everything was perfect. Good updates and that monthly. His pay system is fair. It's about the 2 month system. With a lot of bad luck, it can happen to you now. that you are waiting for your favorite character 6 months. His work is very good. this is not a question. As a player you want to play and not always wait. And his donors are falling too. is now at 199 and he was over 200 so not only do I think so ...
as far as I know he had to change engine because of limitations with the other he used before, I don't remember exactly what was the problem, but he would need to separate the game in chapters or something like that instead of being everything in one package

it's normal that he has fewer donors in these periods without updates, by tomorrow and towards the end of the month it will probably increase due to the new update

Working on something for six months without getting paid ain't easy, he probably has a normal job and makes the game in his free time, if he had to go through the process of learning to program in unity and trial and error, it's natural that it will be a drag. Lots of devs would start all over, releasing the old content all over again as a remake and getting that patreon money, he converted 10 versions of the old version into unity, remastered some old renders, made new content and reworked different mechanics, it was actually a lot of work to do in your spare time

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
I do not say anything about changing the engine. that was ok too. The old engine did not manage the size of the game. we can not get away together. I do not support him anymore because he only updates every 2 months. and now we finish the topic. we have different opinions. and that is human and normal.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
said it before and will no doubt say it again, I prefer a update every 2 months instead of a month, this way am going get a decent amount of new content that will take more time to play, instead of a quick 15 minutes new game play that most monthly updates give, and sometimes it less than 15 minutes.

am more interested in how much game play time there is, rather than amount of new renders there is, which for some reason lot of other game developers seem to prefer announcing new render total.

end of day, if you can't wait 2 months for a new update, then you need to learn some patience, and its fine having your fave characters, we all do. But if you only like certain characters and don't enjoy interacting with all characters, then you probably shouldn't be supporting the game financially.

however if you expect a game developer to deliver every update just for you, then you are always going be disappointed, there will always be an update that you will not like as much, the developer designs game for everyone and not just you.

technically you saving money by supporting this game, as you only pay for each update, instead of a monthly payment.

if you enjoy game and have the money to, support it, its that simple.
while I agree that I also like updates that last more than 15 minutes, I think amount of renders are a good way to show how much work a dev has put into an update. Some dev can make a 500 render update that lasts only 15 minutes if he makes a render for every dialog box there is, and a dev can make a 50 render update that lasts twice, but you have lenghty dialogs showing the same image over and over again, in this case I appreciate the dev that made an effort to make his game more organic, even though he may have gone overboard with it.

I think this is also why devs are favoring the sandbox style over VNs, the game turns into cutscene hunter and the time lost between cutscenes meeting requirements are added into the gameplay, also you get repeatable scenes, and a lot of sandboxes makes you play scenes over and over to progress, big brother was a big offender in that regard. VNs you have no choice but to play that linear sequence of new images, which may be very small depending on choices that locks other images, and with no repetition, so it goes much faster.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I liked this game's bits up until the point the only way to progress in Alice's group was to manipulate and betray your oldest friend's trust in order to let her lesbian friend jump her. Especially when the Nate makes no attempt to hide how he actually feels about her. Just broke the story honestly.

Reactions: Cabbieo9

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
while I agree that I also like updates that last more than 15 minutes, I think amount of renders are a good way to show how much work a dev has put into an update. Some dev can make a 500 render update that lasts only 15 minutes if he makes a render for every dialog box there is, and a dev can make a 50 render update that lasts twice, but you have lenghty dialogs showing the same image over and over again, in this case I appreciate the dev that made an effort to make his game more organic, even though he may have gone overboard with it.

I think this is also why devs are favoring the sandbox style over VNs, the game turns into cutscene hunter and the time lost between cutscenes meeting requirements are added into the gameplay, also you get repeatable scenes, and a lot of sandboxes makes you play scenes over and over to progress, big brother was a big offender in that regard. VNs you have no choice but to play that linear sequence of new images, which may be very small depending on choices that locks other images, and with no repetition, so it goes much faster.
renders are NOT a good way to show how much work a developer has done, as daz studio does a lot of the heavy lifting after you have first got game organised. Daz studio allows for presets that developers can reuse, a good developer should have a strong setup and planning in place before they even released 1st version of game.

Otherwise they can quickly load up preset of characters and then wearable's (clothes), then pose them, which will take some time but becomes faster with practice, then you have presets for cameras and lights.

I tell you right now, that I can render a image on my old PC in hour and half, much faster on a newer PC, which I suspect most developers have better than me.

Also you may not see all new renders in play through due to choices, you may never actually see some new images , which further cuts down the new.

So no render total is defiantly not the best way to show the work a developer has done, I personally couldn't care how many new images there is, whether its sandbox or VN, it doesn't matter, story-line progression and game play time is always more important.

however this is sorta off-topic here , so I'll agree to disagree as everything is subjective and this is just my opinion at end of day.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

Here's the update 1.1, the Halloween Update (yeah I know, we're in January, who cares!)

Interface:

You can now hide the interface during dialogues : press H

New event

- Go talk to Bill at lunch, you can spy (like old versions) girls in lockers.

New party

- The Halloween party.

Iris will talk to you at school during the last week of October. You have until October 31st to buy a costume.

Almost all the school will be here. You can interact with people and some objects. Play from the story and replay from the main menu. Find all the possibilities. All depends of your actions. Will you help your friend Bill to get laid, or share girls with him? Will you steal Vicky from her fucking boyfriend? Or will you just dance and go home with Alice totally drunk? And who the hell is Darth Vader?

This is a new way to play, I hope you'll like it.

Meso

Aug 26, 2017
And now we all wait...patiently. Because we're good at that.

Dammit, where's my instant gratification?!

MrPostman

Oct 26, 2018
Unfortunately, there seems to be no progress with Maria.
Hi everyone,

Here's the update 1.1, the Halloween Update (yeah I know, we're in January, who cares!)

Interface:

You can now hide the interface during dialogues : press H

New event

- Go talk to Bill at lunch, you can spy (like old versions) girls in lockers.

New party

- The Halloween party.

Iris will talk to you at school during the last week of October. You have until October 31st to buy a costume.

Almost all the school will be here. You can interact with people and some objects. Play from the story and replay from the main menu. Find all the possibilities. All depends of your actions. Will you help your friend Bill to get laid, or share girls with him? Will you steal Vicky from her fucking boyfriend? Or will you just dance and go home with Alice totally drunk? And who the hell is Darth Vader?

This is a new way to play, I hope you'll like it.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no progress with Maria.

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
is it a joke or not? he did not do more in 2 months? looooool
ok i have not seen it yet. But will probably disappoint.
and again 2 months wait looool

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Will you help your friend Bill to get laid, or share girls with him? Will you steal Vicky from her fucking boyfriend? Or will you just dance and go home with Alice totally drunk?
All of Above........Check

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes