Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
oh, the developers of the game hired a lawfirm and sent me a notice and took down both my walkthrough and my incest patch....

what a bunch of fucking faggots.

edit:
oh, and if you're currently pledging to them and haven't realized it yet.. they spent hundreds of dollars, that players gave them, to hire a turkish law firm so they could remove a free incest patch that made their game better..

so obviously the developers are spending your money in a good way, and are definitely using it to improve their game.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
@Maim Lain Okay.... Is Boner getting too paranoid about their shit now? I mean seriously, I can understand them putting a shit ton of decryption on the assets of the game but this? Putting a copyright infringement on a goddamn walkthrough and a technically a mod on a game that simply changes some of the dialogue and relationship to some characters? Isn't that too much? I can see why they could get mad at your simple changes you've done to the game BUT those are only small MINOR changes to fucking hire a lawfirm to get on your ass? That's too much man.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
With the uncertainty of this and other projects on the platform he is using, thats a really weird move. There are many other factors/themes that can get you into problems. Eliminating your fanbase that would actually do the work of providing a patch for free, and would mod it in case more things go downhill in the future is quite bold. And also, I never heard about a company/creator being more successful when he actively went against people modding his game.

Or in other words, thats just fucking stupid. My last, really far stretched explanation is that he doesnt want any kind of patch out there for his game. Which would be as said, a real case of paranoia.

Jan 28, 2018
oh, the developers of the game hired a lawfirm and sent me a notice and took down both my walkthrough and my incest patch....

what a bunch of fucking faggots.

edit:
oh, and if you're currently pledging to them and haven't realized it yet.. they spent hundreds of dollars, that players gave them, to hire a turkish law firm so they could remove a free incest patch that made their game better..

so obviously the developers are spending your money in a good way, and are definitely using it to improve their game.
@Maim Lain This seems highly counter-intuitive given that I'm pretty sure the game originally had that "content" in it at the outset, and then was changed later because of Patreon's rules; am I remembering that correctly? Also, maybe they thought you were profiting from the patch and/or WT for some reason? Were you ever in contact with them? Not pointing fingers by any means, just curious.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@Maim Lain This seems highly counter-intuitive given that I'm pretty sure the game originally had that "content" in it at the outset, and then was changed later because of Patreon's rules; am I remembering that correctly? Also, maybe they thought you were profiting from the patch and/or WT for some reason? Were you ever in contact with them? Not pointing fingers by any means, just curious.
Yep you're exactly correct. The original game had incest in it and then they removed all the incest content so they could continue collecting money from patreon. My patch restored the original dialog and a couple assets that they deleted along with a few other things.

I've talked to the devs many times in the past. Half of the bugfixes for v0.21 were submitted solely by me when I was in contact with the devs. Also they sent me a couple emails a few times related to bugs and something else that I forget, but never once did we talk about the patch or did they mention it. They definitely knew who I was when they sent the notice.

if they would have just had some common sense and just asked me personally to take the page down from github I would have complied. I'm not a douche and there's no reason for them to spend hundreds hiring a law firm to send me a copyright notice, so I would have agreed so they didn't have to waste a bunch of money.

But instead they decided to be retarded and waste a bunch of money anyways and some one will probably reupload my patch somewhere else regardless lol.

Jan 28, 2018
Yep you're exactly correct. The original game had incest in it and then they removed all the incest content so they could continue collecting money from patreon. My patch restored the original dialog and a couple assets that they deleted along with a few other things.

I've talked to the devs many times in the past. Half of the bugfixes for v0.21 were submitted solely by me when I was in contact with the devs. Also they sent me a couple emails a few times related to bugs and something else that I forget, but never once did we talk about the patch or did they mention it. They definitely knew who I was when they sent the notice.

I would have reuploaded the patch somewhere else where they can't take it download with a copyright notice, and I will. But if they would have just had some common sense and just asked me personally to take the page down from github I would have complied. I'm not a douche and there's no reason for them to spend hundreds hiring a law firm to send me a copyright notice, so I would have agreed but still upload it somewhere where they can't take it down so they didn't have to waste a bunch of money.

But instead they decided to be retarded and waste a bunch of money regardless and my patch is just going to get reuploaded somewhere else anyways lol.
I see, I've been there before, actually. Not nearly to the same extent, but yeah, I understand. And that's what I thought, concerning the original version of the game. The only other thing I could think is that they want to make sure that to Patreon it looks like they are trying to "do the right thing" (as Patreon see's it, at least); but even still that's a weak argument, considering that he is not you and you are not him, and neither do you work for him in any official (or unofficial for that matter) capacity. Truly odd...

3.70 star(s) 41 Votes