Argimond

Oct 16, 2018
The game keeps at a black screen when trying to enter the bunny bar, already waited 15 minutes with it loading but nothing

Argimond

Oct 16, 2018
Is kind of hard to go trough 85 pages of an forum topic, does anyone know a fix for the never ending loading screen at the bunny bar?

Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
Is kind of hard to go trough 85 pages of an forum topic, does anyone know a fix for the never ending loading screen at the bunny bar?
Turn off monitor sync, and close out the bottom most instance of the game in the task manager. S'what worked for me anyway.

Argimond

Oct 16, 2018
In my pc it opens 4 task's on the task manager I've closed the 4th one that was the bottom one and the one with less consumption of anything in my pc, I've also turned the Monitor Sync off, but unfortunately all that it did this time was to allow me to hear a song play, but still in a never ending loading screen.
I must be missing something.
But thanks, you gave me hope.

Haloz

May 15, 2018
bruh this version is booty, 0.3a keeps crashing in loading screen. Who got the latest version?

Jimmi42

Oct 19, 2018
I realise this has probably been said a lot here, but I am having problems with the text animations. How to fix it??

Nothing happens when you talk to people. I am stuck.

Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
What the fuzz happened to all the post's before this one?
If I had to guess, a mod got tired of people asking/complaining about the same things ad nauseam.

It breaks down like this; the game has been encrypted, re-encrypted, and re-re-encrytped so hard it's a buggy (sometimes) barely functioning mess. It has to break through 5 layers of it's own bullshit and open 4 background instances of the game just to run, and that's aside from the fact that some peoples systems couldn't run the bare-bones non-encrypted earlier builds of the game, so those same people sure and hellfire cant run the currently rolling dumpster-fire that is V0.3a. (By the by, v0.31, doesn't fix anything but a few text errors, patrons still complain about the infinite loading screen(s))

Now, some little tricks work. Like for me, and a couple others, but only a couple others as far as I can tell, turning of Vsync, and cancelling the instance of the game that uses the least to no memory can make it run just fine. But that's not for everyone, as several people I've told that to have noted, both here and elsewhere.

Unfortunately, unless the people causing the issue get off their ridiculously high horse and stop adding literal layers of shit to the games encryption just to "protect their assets" or whatever, it will remain a broken mess of a game that an unfortunately few people can run properly.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
If I had to guess, a mod got tired of people asking/complaining about the same things ad nauseam.

It breaks down like this; the game has been encrypted, re-encrypted, and re-re-encrytped so hard it's a buggy (sometimes) barely functioning mess. It has to break through 5 layers of it's own bullshit and open 4 background instances of the game just to run, and that's aside from the fact that some peoples systems couldn't run the bare-bones non-encrypted earlier builds of the game, so those same people sure and hellfire cant run the currently rolling dumpster-fire that is V0.3a. (By the by, v0.31, doesn't fix anything but a few text errors, patrons still complain about the infinite loading screen(s))

Now, some little tricks work. Like for me, and a couple others, but only a couple others as far as I can tell, turning of Vsync, and cancelling the instance of the game that uses the least to no memory can make it run just fine. But that's not for everyone, as several people I've told that to have noted, both here and elsewhere.

Unfortunately, unless the people causing the issue get off their ridiculously high horse and stop adding literal layers of shit to the games encryption just to "protect their assets" or whatever, it will remain a broken mess of a game that an unfortunately few people can run properly.
If the problem is dev related because, y'know "assets", and it affects paying patrons... why the fuck are people still supporting it? Money talks and bullshit walks. I thought it was just the pirated version that was fucking up.... If people stop supporting it, maybe they'll remove some of the bs. Or maybe they'll flat out drop the game. I dunno, I'm not the dev. Seems kinda fucked up for the patrons tho.

On a side note, just what the fuck assets are they trying to protect?

Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
If the problem is dev related because, y'know "assets", and it affects paying patrons... why the fuck are people still supporting it? Money talks and bullshit walks. I thought it was just the pirated version that was fucking up.... If people stop supporting it, maybe they'll remove some of the bs. Or maybe they'll flat out drop the game. I dunno, I'm not the dev. Seems kinda fucked up for the patrons tho.

On a side note, just what the fuck assets are they trying to protect?
It's fucked all the way 'round. I was a patron up the point where they 'bout sued @Maim Lain for making the incest patch. Their claim, to my admittedly shoddy memory, was that he had to alter their "assets" to make it work. The patreon version is no better than what we have here. I can say that pretty confidently, since while I was a patron I fed what I had to the forum here, less pirated, and more 'openly shared', I guess.

As for the 'stop paying them' argument. people don't pay attention. There are more than a handful of dead patreon accounts that are still being paid by people that apparently have enough throw-away cash to not care about that 5-50 dollars a month.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
It's fucked all the way 'round. I was a patron up the point where they 'bout sued @Maim Lain for making the incest patch. Their claim, to my admittedly shoddy memory, was that he had to alter their "assets" to make it work. The patreon version is no better than what we have here. I can say that pretty confidently, since while I was a patron I fed what I had to the forum here, less pirated, and more 'openly shared', I guess.

As for the 'stop paying them' argument. people don't pay attention. There are more than a handful of dead patreon accounts that are still being paid by people that apparently have enough throw-away cash to not care about that 5-50 dollars a month.
That's pretty shitty... I would feel bad for patrons but it's their money. The dev def seems to be a tool tho.

Heartbeat

Mar 21, 2018
Not sure yet. I'm very new to the coding scene, and starting with this thrice-encrypted beast might have been too harsh of a deep end for me to jump into blind. That said, I'm workin' on it. Gonna hand out the whole thing in it's decrypted glory when I finish.
Damn, you sure have a lot of

guts for doing this.

Reactions: elmer556

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
WOOOOOOOOOOOWW the rating took a hard fuck no lube beating... it WAS at 4.2 now its... damn... im guessing the encrypting process is the cause but wow...

3.70 star(s) 41 Votes