Collection Pinup Sciamano240 Collection [2024-07-07] [Sciamano240]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
Do you guys think the color banding on Sciamano's art is intentional? Or is it because Sciamano saves their art as low quality .jpg's?

For example the color banding on Lilith looks pretty bad:
Banding.png

CornJunket

Aug 14, 2018
Do you guys think the color banding on Sciamano's art is intentional? Or is it because Sciamano saves their art as low quality .jpg's?

View attachment 2340927
It's because Sciamano stores them in low quality. You can tell by running difference comparisons with any image editing software. There's always compression artifacts beyond the actual differences, though the exact amount of artifacts differs from set to set. My guess is that he doesn't always use the same amount of compression for some reason, idk why. If I were actually paying for his art, I'd be pissed that he can't figure out how to save as .png lmao. But since I'm here, I don't really care as much since it's not like I've wasted any money on it.

Reactions: Fire3cho and MrM966

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
It's because Sciamano stores them in low quality. You can tell by running difference comparisons with any image editing software. There's always compression artifacts beyond the actual differences, though the exact amount of artifacts differs from set to set. My guess is that he doesn't always use the same amount of compression for some reason, idk why. If I were actually paying for his art, I'd be pissed that he can't figure out how to save as .png lmao. But since I'm here, I don't really care as much since it's not like I've wasted any money on it.
It's a shame that such nice art is ruined by low quality compression. I wonder what the reasoning is behind him not saving as higher quality image formats...

The banding really gets to me.

Perhaps someone that has contact with Sciamano can ask if they'd save their art in higher quality formats or why they prefer to have their art ruined by compression artifacts. =P

Sep 8, 2018
QUOTE="HansukeX, post: 9933712, member: 1955134"]
It's a shame that such nice art is ruined by low quality compression. I wonder what the reasoning is behind him not saving as higher quality image formats...

The banding really gets to me.

Perhaps someone that has contact with Sciamano can ask if they'd save their art in higher quality formats or why they prefer to have their art ruined by compression artifacts. =P
[/QUOTE]

I guess with the number of variations he's producing, saving all the images as PNG would take up a lot of memory space and the folder would be really huge to download. The only way is to get the PSD and save the version in the resolution that you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sustavo pringle

AntChaser100

Nov 20, 2021
That's great man, she looks incredible!!!!
May I ask if you could do the same with Valerie since Sciamano doesn't do nude oc anymore?
If I get time, and the character appeals to me - I can make an attempt (although for this probably no sorry x))

AntChaser100

Nov 20, 2021
Hey, is there any chance that you will do this for genshin characters aswell?

Thanks in advance for reading me
To answer this, if I have time and the characters appeal to me sure. Although it will be a no for now, I can try in the future for sure

castrocr08

Jan 6, 2021

View attachment 2340927
I was checking older jobs and art-wise these are equally good, but compression is just wrong, none of the older images had this problem at least not that visible

Reactions: CornJunket

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
I was checking older jobs and art-wise these are equally good, but compression is just wrong, none of the older images had this problem at least not that visible
If you look at his art on his pixiv, those are in .png and those compression artifacts don't seem to be there like they are in the paid pics.

piercingWinds

Dec 30, 2021
Its because his pack has 300 images of same 3 characters... if they werent compressed they would have 4-5 gigs instead of 1 lol xD

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes