Collection Pinup Sciamano240 Collection [2024-07-07] [Sciamano240]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

piercingWinds

Dec 30, 2021
I usually don't get involved in the "negative" "discussions" (had to put in quotes) here or anywhere online anymore. To me it is just funny how much (mostly) freeloaders complain about the Artwork and schedules of creators to whom they haven't or ever plan to pledge a single penny to. You hardly find any constructive criticism. Mostly it is just them throwing hissy-fits because they don't get their free stuff on time. Enough of that though.

This is just false. Sciamano doesn't charge upfront on his Patreon. You can become a patron on any day of the month and see all his previews and won't be charged a cent as long as you cancel your patronage on the last day of the Month. He also always posts a full preview of the complete set (that you will be charged the following month for) before the end of the month.
I support a few artists on Patreon but Sciamano is just so uncostistent and burnt out

Reactions: Flipl8

Death69inc

Oct 24, 2018
ex pledger and yeah the inconsist release schedule is the cause. I have never had a poll on how many variants we want that one was funny. rather have every month 4-8 dif artworks with little variation than every 2 or 3 months 4 works with 50 variants. But thats why im and ex.

piercingWinds

Dec 30, 2021
ex pledger and yeah the inconsist release schedule is the cause. I have never had a poll on how many variants we want that one was funny. rather have every month 4-8 dif artworks with little variation than every 2 or 3 months 4 works with 50 variants. But thats why im and ex.
aqs101

lmao

baster306

Nov 17, 2021
I usually don't get involved in the "negative" "discussions" (had to put in quotes) here or anywhere online anymore. To me it is just funny how much (mostly) freeloaders complain about the Artwork and schedules of creators to whom they haven't or ever plan to pledge a single penny to. You hardly find any constructive criticism. Mostly it is just them throwing hissy-fits because they don't get their free stuff on time. Enough of that though.

This is just false. Sciamano doesn't charge upfront on his Patreon. You can become a patron on any day of the month and see all his previews and won't be charged a cent as long as you cancel your patronage on the last day of the Month. He also always posts a full preview of the complete set (that you will be charged the following month for) before the end of the month.
Well, then it was probably just a misunderstanding. Always hated Patreon subscription page. I always think that after I clicked subscribe, they charged me.
Desktop Screenshot 2023.03.01 - 20.29.08.03.png

• Haha
Reactions: Serpentus

Death69inc

Oct 24, 2018
Well, then it was probably just a misunderstanding. Always hated Patreon subscription page. I always think that after I clicked subscribe, they charged me.
View attachment 2429387
What do sub deadlines mean when you dont meet yours and say ok going to skip this month lol. Also doesnt matter why you asked just answer the question. shakes head.

I can see your confusion. And most if not all charge you when you 1st sub and depending when you sub depends on what month your getting etc. because of the deadlines, but usually the deadlines are just a day or two before release. Twitter is full of warnings "few days left to get this months pack" etc.

Cant rember who it is but one artist is 1.5 years behind if you sub now you'll get you month in 1.5 years lol. So yes at least this artist turns off billing when skipping a month.

Reactions: baster306

Serpentus

Feb 10, 2019
To be fair he answered that question later. He uses JPG because of Batch progress saving settings in PS.
Well if that's the case surely it wouldn't be an issue to simply set them up to batch save as PNGs instead? Can any Photoshop/Bridge wizards confirm?

• Angry
Reactions: aqs101

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
His current jpg format settings make his good art look bad imo.

It would be nice to actually get .png's for once so everyone can actually see how good his art can be without bad compression artifacts.

It's weird how he asks why you are asking if it's .jpg or .png... Did you answer him baster306? Should just tell him that .jpg has too many compression artifacts and makes his art look bad if he really wants to know.

It's a shame to spend so much time and hard work on his art only to have it ruined by bad formatting.

Antichikin450

Dec 13, 2020
A bit confused about why this whole compression thing is a huge massive issue, since don't most people just use it for like phone wallpapers and jerk off to it anyways? Why do some people need them to be the highest possible perfect picture how far are you guys zooming?

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
^^^This.

Not only that, but if you're using these as wallpapers, the banding becomes even more obvious as the phone/pc fits the picture to the entire screen. It almost looks like a Moiré effect.

Some people also use them as wallpapers for desktop PCs with multiple monitor setups and looking at the picture on a 25" vertical monitor really makes the compression artifacts apparent as well.

Zooming in isn't even necessary to see the artifacts.

BlueS123

Mar 12, 2020
It's a technical issue of literally every single artist. Some of them give the best quality possible for jpg, which is ridiculous, and some probably like sciamano mess up something, but again, I'm perfectly fine with those who shares their full quality psd or xcf, and sciamano is one of them.

regarding the frequency the pictures come out, I'd give the artists as much time as they require, especially if they are stressed out or have hard time isn't it the best time to support them? as a result i like about every single picture sciamano produces, unlike let's take some more popular and regular authors like sakimichan, whose art i usually skip the most.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: piercingWinds

CornJunket

Aug 14, 2018
I'm perfectly fine with those who shares their full quality psd or xcf, and sciamano is one of them
No he isn't. Check his gumroad if you don't believe me, he only gives out .jpgs and some in-progress images.

Any .psds or .xcfs in this thread were made by people from here, using the images he uploads. I used to do that but I got tired of how much extra work the compression artifacts add, because all of the useful tools for separating out layers will notice all of those differences from compression and think they're what I was going for. Especially with how complicated some of the newer sets are, you spend as much time fixing compression issues as you do actually getting the interesting bits. None of the other artists I've tried doing that for have the same problem. Closest thing is that Dandon saves .pngs as she goes along so later items in the same set will have small corrections to fix minor errors, which is hardly on the same level as terrible color banding.

EDIT: Checking my files, Dandon does also save as .jpg, but I'm guessing she uses a lower compression setting because it's not nearly as bad with her sets.

Last edited:

awwbooks642

Jun 8, 2022
He straight up said he doesn't give out PSD/XCF because he plan to set up a print shop and it defeats the purpose. At least that's one reason he gave live on his twitch stream.

Antichikin450

Dec 13, 2020
Didn't really think everyday people looked at phone wallpapers so in depth usually I set one as mine and like it for like a few days before it's eventually just kinda there, isn't that what happens with almost everything everyone owns?

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
As with almost anything, there is always a higher quality version of something that gives more fidelity. Hi-res music, videos, pictures, etc.

There are people that don't care about/can't tell the difference and just listen to 128 kbps MP3s all the time or watch 480p videos or look at 720x480 .jpg pics and they're perfectly satisfied.
However, it's not the same for everyone. If it was, higher resolution formats would not be so easily available. 4K, FLAC, etc.

I'm not trying to bash anyone that doesn't care or can't tell the difference between lower fidelity media. It's just that anyone that is even slightly invested in picture quality can easily tell that Sciamano's pics are subpar with high compression artifacts. I don't think any other premium major digital artist gives out such low quality paid pics like him. That's why there are complaints.

I assume some people only have a smartphone available to them or mostly use a phone to look at pics. Phones usually have small screens averaging maybe 5-6 inches (~12-15 cm) and that's probably the reason why it's harder to see that picture quality is so flawed with Sciamano's pics. Average idle screen time while looking at a phone is probably not that long either.

However, for people with desktop setups and larger monitors, the flaws in picture quality become very apparent.

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes